Author Topic: which knee wraps?  (Read 4254 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
which knee wraps?
« on: December 19, 2007, 06:16:01 AM »
Metal ALL BLACKS or APT's Convict pros?!  I'm looking for a set with good rebound at the bottom.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: which knee wraps?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 09:00:16 AM »
Inzer.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 09:07:21 AM »

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 09:08:26 AM »
Inzer Iron Z Wraps is what i've used.

http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=WRAPS_IRONZ

Just make sure the length is legal for the FED you compete in.

I've never used Metal wraps.

8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 09:09:22 AM »
Inzer Iron Z Wraps is what i've used.

http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=WRAPS_IRONZ

Just make sure the length is legal for the FED you compete in.

I've never used Metal wraps.

8)

you guys wrap out or in?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 09:22:23 AM »
you guys wrap out or in?
i don't wrap and never have but from helping friends wrap for training and competition squats you do two complete revolutions above the knee, down and over the knee, two complete revolutions below the knee, up across the knee again pull tight and tuck in above the knee.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 09:55:43 AM »
i don't wrap and never have but from helping friends wrap for training and competition squats you do two complete revolutions above the knee, down and over the knee, two complete revolutions below the knee, up across the knee again pull tight and tuck in above the knee.

Oh I've got that down..but apparnelty wrapping inside out versus outside in forces the knees out... I've also just know been told that you have to FLEX your leg STRAIGHT to get your quad out of the way and to really lock the patella in place for a better fit. I can post up a link. I have to wrap with anything over 400 because my knees are horrible. Just walking around my knees were clicking today. Sucks

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 10:25:16 AM »

Good grief, a guy my size would have to use 4 meter wraps if they did that.  ;D

I really like Inzer Z wraps.  There are other wraps that may give you a bit more "pop" (APT's for example) but Inzers have proven to me that they last a long, long time.   Metal is equal, perhaps better in some respects, but I dont' know about their longevity. 

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 01:51:44 PM »
Good grief, a guy my size would have to use 4 meter wraps if they did that.  ;D

I really like Inzer Z wraps.  There are other wraps that may give you a bit more "pop" (APT's for example) but Inzers have proven to me that they last a long, long time.   Metal is equal, perhaps better in some respects, but I dont' know about their longevity. 
gimme a fuccking break, looks like we've got another "lifter" who's too big for everything, off the rack clothes, regular doorways, regular toilets, airplane seats, cars, weight machines, etc. ::) i had a friend who was 295 pounds at 5'10" with legs 33 inches around who could wrap his knees in the above mentioned way, if he can do it you can do it.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 03:14:34 PM »
gimme a fuccking break, looks like we've got another "lifter" who's too big for everything, off the rack clothes, regular doorways, regular toilets, airplane seats, cars, weight machines, etc. ::) i had a friend who was 295 pounds at 5'10" with legs 33 inches around who could wrap his knees in the above mentioned way, if he can do it you can do it.

Wow, you're a pissy know it all.  Did you even notice the  ;D ?   I was being sarcastic.  ::)

For someone who "doesn't wrap their legs" you sure know alot about knee wraps.   ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 04:00:01 PM »
Wow, you're a pissy know it all.  Did you even notice the  ;D ?   I was being sarcastic.  ::)

For someone who "doesn't wrap their legs" you sure know alot about knee wraps.   ;D
aren't you like 5'8 and almost 300lbs? That's a big dude either way  ;D

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 04:33:19 PM »
Metal ALL BLACKS or APT's Convict pros?!  I'm looking for a set with good rebound at the bottom.

NO one has the Convicts yet, but mine are on the way.  I have lot s of retspect for the METAL stuff, but 70 bucks for a set of knee wraps is more than I can afford.

Jason

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 04:36:07 PM »
NO one has the Convicts yet, but mine are on the way.  I have lot s of retspect for the METAL stuff, but 70 bucks for a set of knee wraps is more than I can afford.

Jason
holy shit, 70 bucks? :o

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »
holy shit, 70 bucks? :o

They are extremely high quality, and by many different accounts out there the best wraps on the market.  That, plus having to pay all of the duties, taxes, etc from Finland jack the price up.

Jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 06:32:18 PM »
I'm on the convict waiting list already.. i cant' WAIT to have them myself but was curious. I love the convict pro wrist wraps.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 10:12:13 PM »
aren't you like 5'8 and almost 300lbs? That's a big dude either way  ;D

Yeah something like that.  ;)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 12:39:55 AM »
Inzer Z-Iron Wraps.

They got no equal when it comes to longetivity IMO.

Titan Titanium and Titan THP's are both very hard, but will only last you a few lifts, before getting much worse in performance.

Titan Titaniums are slightly softer than the THP's, but will last a little longer than the THP's though.

Metal Blacks are the wraps that currently has the most rubber in them, I gather.

Haven't tried them myself more than a few lifts, didn't like them that much, but to be honest, didn't have them extremely tight wrapped then.

Also, get one of these, or a similar, it will help make it much easier to put on the wraps:
As empty as paradise