Author Topic: Why is Clemens lying??  (Read 10146 times)

body88

Why is Clemens lying??
« on: December 19, 2007, 02:04:53 PM »
The guy who he claims says has no credibility was proven to be credible when Andy Pettite admitted to using hgh. Yet Clemens continues to lie.  Should Clemens have taken the route Andy or Rodney Harrison took and just spun his drug use as a tool to heal after he was hurt? Clemens took the wrong approach here imo.

I just want to know when the post is going to start putting a * next to Yankees wins. They had 10 players from the Mitchell report on there 2000 ws team. I guess all the wins Andy and Rodge had last year are now tainted. Now everyone in NY is claiming everyone does it! Seems to me that there cheating! Everyone in the media are going ape shit these days. Honestly where we all so naive?

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Why is Clemens lying??
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 02:25:32 PM »
Two things; 1) Why hasn't he made a public statement yet? He's been talking through agents and his lawyer. 2) I think he backed himself in a corner with the statement today. If he's called before congress and he lies he is committing perjury, and if he pleads the fifth he basically admits to lying. He could have taken the unknowingly taking them route of Bonds or the recovery route of Petite and Harrison. Honestly I don't care if he used or not, He should have handled it better.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 04:16:21 PM »
He's probably concerned about his legacy and making the HOF.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 06:07:42 PM »
Beach is right... They CRUCIFIED Bonds and he's afraid they're going to do the same to him.

Everyone on the list should be worried... MLB doesn't give a shit about how much you've done for them.

Bringing them back from almost certain destruction after the strikes and shit... These guys (The steroid users) saved the entire game of baseball, but no one gives a shit.

Fuck MLB... The entire league should be ashamed of themselves... You clean up on these people with the amount of money you make and then you just toss them under the bus.

It's complete hypocritical bullshit.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 06:12:05 PM »
How come MLB didn't care about steroids in 1998 when they were generating so much revenue and tv ratings? All they said was more dingers!!! It's all horseshit.

body88

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 07:20:35 PM »
Beach is right... They CRUCIFIED Bonds and he's afraid they're going to do the same to him.

Everyone on the list should be worried... MLB doesn't give a shit about how much you've done for them.

Bringing them back from almost certain destruction after the strikes and shit... These guys (The steroid users) saved the entire game of baseball, but no one gives a shit.

Fuck MLB... The entire league should be ashamed of themselves... You clean up on these people with the amount of money you make and then you just toss them under the bus.

It's complete hypocritical bullshit.

Clemens wont get blasted and its unfair. He is no different then Bonds. I hate Bonds. I admit , what happened to him is pretty unfair now that ol Rodge was caught red handed.

Hypocritical is right! MLB is mostly to blame imo.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 07:40:42 AM »
 More media BS there should be no * next to anything.

I could take all the gear in the world and I still couldn't hit a baseball

that's all I'm sayin'.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 11:28:02 AM »
I agree with GT... I tried playing baseball, its just not in my cards.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 11:38:02 AM »
He has zero incentive to tell the truth (presuming of course that one agrees the "truth" is that he used).

Nothing to gain and lots to lose = Deny, Deny, Deny

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 12:00:04 PM »
Testify strawman.. testify.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »
He has zero incentive to tell the truth (presuming of course that one agrees the "truth" is that he used).

Nothing to gain and lots to lose = Deny, Deny, Deny

I agree he has nothing to gain

it also is sticking it to the idiots trying to bring him down :)

E

E

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 04:14:27 PM »
The guy who he claims says has no credibility was proven to be credible when Andy Pettite admitted to using hgh. Yet Clemens continues to lie.

What Pettitte did or admitted to has *nothing* to do with what Clemens did or may have done.

body88

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 09:04:03 PM »
What Pettitte did or admitted to has *nothing* to do with what Clemens did or may have done.

Yes it does.  McNamee is the same trainer that called out Pettite after he sold and injected Andy with hgh. Clemens called him a lier. Said he was not credible. That was his whole defense to the Mitchel report. Yet Andy admitted what Mcnamee said about him was true AFTER Roger claimed Mcnamee was lying. Among the other evidence they have in the Mitchel report. Not only that , Clemens threatended to sue and never did. Because if he sued the defense could sopena all his medical , financial , and phone records. Which he knows would incriminate him further. Add that to the fact the Clemens has been dodging fellow athletes and all his fans calls to set the story straight.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 06:42:28 AM »
Yes it does.  McNamee is the same trainer that called out Pettite after he sold and injected Andy with hgh. Clemens called him a lier. Said he was not credible. That was his whole defense to the Mitchel report. Yet Andy admitted what Mcnamee said about him was true AFTER Roger claimed Mcnamee was lying. Among the other evidence they have in the Mitchel report. Not only that , Clemens threatended to sue and never did. Because if he sued the defense could sopena all his medical , financial , and phone records. Which he knows would incriminate him further. Add that to the fact the Clemens has been dodging fellow athletes and all his fans calls to set the story straight.

A liar will tell you 20 things that are true in order to get 1 lie past you.  This is not a new concept. 

Either the guy has always told the truth, or everything he's said is suspect...subject to further verification.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 07:13:45 AM »
Clemens wont get blasted and its unfair. He is no different then Bonds. I hate Bonds. I admit , what happened to him is pretty unfair now that ol Rodge was caught red handed.

Hypocritical is right! MLB is mostly to blame imo.

I don't see Bonds and Clemens in the same light . . . yet.  Bonds lied to a grand jury.  Clemens has not. 

That said, Clemens is about to effectively enter Bonds territory with his very public denial campaign.  Apparently going on 60 minutes.  If Congress has hearings they might subpoena Clemens.  It's going to get dicey for him. 

body88

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 07:45:45 AM »
A liar will tell you 20 things that are true in order to get 1 lie past you.  This is not a new concept. 

Either the guy has always told the truth, or everything he's said is suspect...subject to further verification.

So you think Clemens may be innocent?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 07:50:24 AM »
So you think Clemens may be inocent?

Heck no.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 01:29:29 PM »
Innocent till proven guilty.they can't prove him guilty so deny,deny,deny.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 08:05:23 PM »
They can't have a positive drug test if it was HGH (which it probably was), so it will probably always be his word against the word of a guy with an unsavory past. 

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2007, 05:36:16 PM »
It will be a great day when his trainer releases a tape of clemens on it...The more clemens runs his mouth, the worse its going to be for him...

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 07:07:18 AM »
Clemens to say he was given legal injections
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clemens4jan04,0,4533441.story?coll=la-home-center

Clemens Says Injections Were Not Steroids
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/04/sports/baseball/04clemens.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Is there anything worse than a cute liar?  I'd like to give him a few injections!  :D

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 08:03:18 AM »
I'd like to give him a few injections!  :D

he's out of your league !

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 08:30:08 AM »
Clemens to say he was given legal injections
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clemens4jan04,0,4533441.story?coll=la-home-center

Clemens Says Injections Were Not Steroids
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/04/sports/baseball/04clemens.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Is there anything worse than a cute liar?  I'd like to give him a few injections!  :D

You just had to go and gay it all up didn't ya?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 09:05:09 AM »
   You just had to go and gay it all up didn't ya?

lol.   :)

Clemens just needs to shut up already. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 09:14:10 AM »
he's out of your league !

Clever entendre!  :D