Author Topic: low fat low carbs?  (Read 763 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
low fat low carbs?
« on: December 20, 2007, 08:12:58 AM »
If you're a fat shit like me and eat low carbs as in under 100 a day and low fats will it help me slim down without sacrificing too much muscle?  ???  Last time I carb cycled I lost alot of size..right now I'm floating around  at 20% bodyfat..I want to be at around 14-16%

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
Re: low fat low carbs?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 09:18:04 AM »
If you're a fat shit like me and eat low carbs as in under 100 a day and low fats will it help me slim down without sacrificing too much muscle?  ???  Last time I carb cycled I lost alot of size..right now I'm floating around  at 20% bodyfat..I want to be at around 14-16%

There in lies the problem man...if you cut your carbs to 100g a day or lower and your fats are low too, you will lose a shit load of size and feel weak. Your body needs an energy source so up your GOOD fats. Not Atkins style, like bacon and shit like that, but more nuts, avacado, whole flax, oils...

Then most of that 100g. of carbs should be broccoli, greens, thick ass fiberous carbs. Will keep you regular, fill you up and is lowest glycemic carb available.

Otherwise you are living off protein which assuming you are going for 1.5-2 g. per lb of bdywt a day??

You will need to spike your metabolism after you have been low carb for a while, then drop some fats, up good startch carbs (brown rice, oats, etc)..that will bump your thyroid as low calorie too long will only slow your metabolism down.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 09:08:15 PM »

It depends dude on how your body will react. I've been low carbing it since around May of this year, trying to see the 4 pack(I keep it real, 4 is all I need) :)  and I really didn't start losing strength until recently, at about 9%. If you are at a true 20%, it will take a while before a strength loss is noticed, IMO. You could probably get down to that percentage, 14-16%, and not lose to much strength. I keep my carbs at or below 100G 6 days a week, and pig out on the seventh. I've been losing about a pound and a half a week since May, down from 249 to 208 right now. Just take it nice and slow and your strength will be okay, its when you get drastic is when you get bit in the arse. As always, KEEP IT INTENSE BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!

ObiWan

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 05:12:10 AM »
I've competed several times, and have tried all kinds of contest diets. Here's what I think:

If you're going to go low carbs, keep your protein high and your fat intake moderate. Use good fats like peanut butter or Flax oil.  The fats keep you from losing muscle and feeling like low energy, so don't cut them when you cut your carbs real low.

If you're going to cut go for the low fat diet, then keep your carbs moderate, and proteins moderate.

Bottom line is cut fat OR cut carbs BUT DON't CUT BOTH or you'll lose muscle.

May the Force be with You!

Obi Wan