Author Topic: Bush Confident Republicans Will Retain White House  (Read 6396 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Bush Confident Republicans Will Retain White House
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2007, 05:44:38 PM »
Decker you have way too much faith in the government.  Our government is probably the worst money manager in the history of the planet.

Wrong.  Our govt is probably the BEST mone manager in the history of the world.  Cheney and crew are lifetime politicians with longtime work in companies like haliburton.  They got into power and have funnelled trillions of dollars into these very firms.  Our tax money.

You can say that accidentally wasted it and it happened to fall into the hands of the companies who they've worked with their whole lives.  It's like saying I accidentally dropped CDs at the mall and they happened to fall into my buddy's backpack. 

Give them more credit.  They're in charge of the only superpower in the world.  They are very smart, and they put the money where they want to.

In general, I would trust a business over the government any day of the week. 

Businesses have less accountability - they can close up shop and open up with a new name tomorrow and relinquish all responsibility.  Politicians don't have that luxury.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2007, 06:48:32 PM »
Wrong.  Our govt is probably the BEST mone manager in the history of the world.  Cheney and crew are lifetime politicians with longtime work in companies like haliburton.  They got into power and have funnelled trillions of dollars into these very firms.  Our tax money.

You can say that accidentally wasted it and it happened to fall into the hands of the companies who they've worked with their whole lives.  It's like saying I accidentally dropped CDs at the mall and they happened to fall into my buddy's backpack. 

Give them more credit.  They're in charge of the only superpower in the world.  They are very smart, and they put the money where they want to.

Businesses have less accountability - they can close up shop and open up with a new name tomorrow and relinquish all responsibility.  Politicians don't have that luxury.

Good grief.  Where do I start? 

1.  Congress manages the money, not the president and vice president. 

2.  Congress has done a horrible job with our money, including an increase in the national debt about every year since about 1940.  http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/faq.html  No private business could run this way for nearly 70 years.  If there has been a company with such a dismal performance, it is an anomaly. 

3.  Bush and Cheney did not funnel trillions into Halliburton.   ::)

4.  No, a business cannot simply walk away, open a new business with a different name, and leave its customers and creditors in a lurch.  That's asinine.  Anyone with experience in business will tell you that is a recipe for a lawsuit.  Here are your words and phrases of the day:  "alter ego," "unfair or deceptive trade practices," and "continuation of entity."  If you think a business can simply close and open its doors with a new name, then you need to know what those things mean.  There are many others, but that's a start. 

5.  A business has enormous accountability.  First and foremost, any business that wants to stay in business takes care of its customers.  The saying "the customer is always right" is an overstatement, but is a mantra used by most successful businesses.  You take care of your customers, they come back, and they refer new customers.  The government doesn't have that kind of accountability. 

Second, there are a number of safeguards in the marketplace, including anti-trust laws, licensing regulations, ethical boards and commissions, the courts, administrative agencies, and state and federal entities that provide consumer protection.   

Third, if the business is a corporation, the employees are accountable to the managers and officers, the officers are accountable to the board, and the board answers to shareholders. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2007, 06:57:22 PM »
The government is entitled to a portion of each citizen's earnings to maintain the infrastructure of the nation.

There is such a thing as a national interest.  We are not merely an amalgam of individuals doing our own thing.  That sort of freedom is available to us but we must fund the national interest.

I have yet to see a tax system implemented in this country where the federal government owns or takes all of a citizen's earnings.  So I disagree with you on that.

So you get your opposition to fold under the old slippery slope argument of "where does the regulation stop?!."

Here's where it stops:  We are the government.  It is a government by and for The People.  Being the reasonable people that we are, our consitution is predicated on principles from the Elilghtenment, we the people set the boundaries for where government intervention begins and ends.

I think that's a pretty good idea.

The Government can be misused if we let it.  Just look at the Bush administration which privatizes as many government functions to enrich cronies and remove accountability while these privatized functions are done at extreme costs and in a half-assed manner.

Taxation without representation can be characterized as stealing.

This country has taxation with representation.  We are the government.  We decide the level of federal taxation as a nation.  We can take it (gov) back from special interest.

Too bad the republican propaganda machine makes that damn near impossibile.

The democrats contribute to that equation too but not as brazenly or completely as the republican party.

In principle, I am with you.  I first believe that we need a strong federal government to break the corporate hold on our representative form of government.  We can't do that without a strong federal government.

After corporations are handled, then we have various federal agencies reduced in size or eliminated and devolve power to the states to leave the decisions for certain things in local hands. 

Decent Chest and Triceps workout.

Anyway...how can you argue that we have taxation with representation when our taxes are used for premptive wars, murdering elected leaders in other countries and creating unrest throughout the world? Maybe that is what you want, but I am not being represented well by that!
I hate the State.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2007, 06:20:58 AM »
That's a nice story but simply unfounded.  Caveat Emptor went the way of the dinosaur for a reason.  The buyer was always getting screwed.  Market competition/self regulation by its own hand is another popular fallacy.  Without stringent regulation of the marketplace, there would be no "Free Market" or put another way, we would have a few massive corporations owning everything while the scraps are left to small time participants battling in the free market. 

We're already seeing evidence of this with Bush's deregulation of the FCC for example.  Monopolies are taking over.  5 or 6 corporations own the country's media.

The market as a self-regulating force for the benefit of the public is a fairy tale propped up by Ayn Rand followers like Allen Greenspan.

Another way to think about the Free Market is to think of it as an athletic competition.  The regulations and regulatory agencies are the referees enforcing the rules under which the athletes play.

Nothing wrong with that.

Yes I think an uneducated farmer or a childless couple should pay their taxes to educate our nation's children.  We have a more productive workforce if it's educated, no?

I think you previously responded to this in the affirmative, but I hope you're writing a book, because you're clearly one of the best thinkers I've encountered in my umpteen years of life online. 

The working title should be: "Think, America, THINK".   

As always, you're spot-on.  :)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2007, 06:26:28 AM »

I'm going to have to keep banging the same drum.

The Democrats' only job for the 2008 national elections was to make the election a referendum on Iraq, Katrina, and the tanking economy. 

That's all they had to do.  Highlight those tremendous failures, get people out to vote, and ring in a new chapter in American politics.

But nooooo...

Instead of saying, "Let's get ourselves a candidate and try to right the ship", the Democrats have decided to make the election about an entirely different question:

"Is America ready for a Black or woman President?"

Why why why why WHY??? 

This isn't middle school anymore where anyone who gets 12 signatures can run.  This is high-stakes politics, where the one who makes the smartest moves is the one who will come out on top most often. 

As of right now, I'm sad to say that Bush is correct. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2007, 07:01:38 AM »
Decent Chest and Triceps workout.

Anyway...how can you argue that we have taxation with representation when our taxes are used for premptive wars, murdering elected leaders in other countries and creating unrest throughout the world? Maybe that is what you want, but I am not being represented well by that!
We are all represented by our elected leaders.  Sometimes your view carries the day for tax policy and sometimes your view loses.

As for misusing governmental funds, yeah it happens.  Gov. isn't pretty.  But what we break as a govt., we can fix.

And for the record, I do not support the Bush administration and its criminality.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2007, 07:07:14 AM »
I'm going to have to keep banging the same drum.

The Democrats' only job for the 2008 national elections was to make the election a referendum on Iraq, Katrina, and the tanking economy. 

That's all they had to do.  Highlight those tremendous failures, get people out to vote, and ring in a new chapter in American politics.

But nooooo...

Instead of saying, "Let's get ourselves a candidate and try to right the ship", the Democrats have decided to make the election about an entirely different question:

"Is America ready for a Black or woman President?"

Why why why why WHY??? 

This isn't middle school anymore where anyone who gets 12 signatures can run.  This is high-stakes politics, where the one who makes the smartest moves is the one who will come out on top most often. 

As of right now, I'm sad to say that Bush is correct. 
I hate to say it but the responsibility for the clowns in office lies at the People's feet.  Sloth, ignorance and childish political prejudice seem to govern a good part of our citizenry.

We get who we vote for.  That's facile but true. 

If the people listened and studied the platforms of the candidates and the circumstances our country is in today, Ron Paul would do very well instead of being relegated to independent party status which seems like a foregone conclusion.

The democrats, as a party, are bad politicians.  I think that goes without saying after Bush's first election theft and re-election.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2007, 07:12:39 AM »
Decker you have way too much faith in the government.  Our government is probably the worst money manager in the history of the planet.  The service stinks.  Government workers are often indifferent and lack business sense.  I was just talking with my friend about this.  He works for the federal government.  I work in the private sector.  We were comparing how indifferent his boss is to a lot of issues, because the boss has been working for the federal government for over 30 years and he's at the top of the food chain.  He treats his employees like pieces of a board game.  We compared that to a meeting we recently had at my company where we were talking about things like fairness and perception when it comes to certain income issues involving employees.  Night and day.  That kind of indifference is epidemic in government. 

In general, I would trust a business over the government any day of the week. 

It used to be that the Govt. got the brightest people.  Look at some of the government infrastructure in place--Social Security is brilliantly formed, the FDIC is also great and there are many more.  The 'lack of business' sense is a red herring argument b/c it proves your conclusion without proof.
Your anecdotal evidence about your friend is not convincing.  I have friends that are attornies in the IRS and DOL that would really disagree with you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2007, 07:23:04 AM »
It used to be that the Govt. got the brightest people.  Look at some of the government infrastructure in place--Social Security is brilliantly formed, the FDIC is also great and there are many more.  The 'lack of business' sense is a red herring argument b/c it proves your conclusion without proof.
Your anecdotal evidence about your friend is not convincing.  I have friends that are attornies in the IRS and DOL that would really disagree with you.

I have had had too much interaction with the government to believe otherwise.  Yes there are educated and talented people working for the government.  I never stated otherwise.  But the lack of business sense?  That really is a fact.  I was just talking to guy last week about a government sponsored trip he made to the mainland last year.  He wanted to rent a car, but the "rules" didn't allow it.  They told him he could take a cab.  The cab cost about $200.  Rental car would have been about $80.  I have about a hundred stories like this.

There have been plenty of systems established by the government that look great on paper.  What they haven't done is efficiently carried them out, and they definitely are not more efficient than the private sector. 

I doubt most people enjoy having to deal the government.   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2007, 08:30:51 AM »
  Good grief.  Where do I start? 

1.  Congress manages the money, not the president and vice president. 

2.  Congress has done a horrible job with our money, including an increase in the national debt about every year since about 1940.  http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/faq.html  No private business could run this way for nearly 70 years.  If there has been a company with such a dismal performance, it is an anomaly. 

3.  Bush and Cheney did not funnel trillions into Halliburton.   ::)

4.  No, a business cannot simply walk away, open a new business with a different name, and leave its customers and creditors in a lurch.  That's asinine.  Anyone with experience in business will tell you that is a recipe for a lawsuit.  Here are your words and phrases of the day:  "alter ego," "unfair or deceptive trade practices," and "continuation of entity."  If you think a business can simply close and open its doors with a new name, then you need to know what those things mean.  There are many others, but that's a start. 

5.  A business has enormous accountability.  First and foremost, any business that wants to stay in business takes care of its customers.  The saying "the customer is always right" is an overstatement, but is a mantra used by most successful businesses.  You take care of your customers, they come back, and they refer new customers.  The government doesn't have that kind of accountability. 

Second, there are a number of safeguards in the marketplace, including anti-trust laws, licensing regulations, ethical boards and commissions, the courts, administrative agencies, and state and federal entities that provide consumer protection.   

Third, if the business is a corporation, the employees are accountable to the managers and officers, the officers are accountable to the board, and the board answers to shareholders. 

Government's fiscal function is to create budgets and use conservative investments where necessary.

The national debt was not a problem until Reagan got into office.  Bush made Reagan look like a piker in drawing up debt.  Clinton paid down the debt.

You've never heard of leveraged companies?

A business can declare bankruptcy leaving the shareholders in the lurch without the ability to pierce the corporate veil and reach the private assets of the corp. board members.

Government is much more accountable than private business.  Are all private business records public records? 

Private business is a good thing and there are good ones.  But when left to its own designs without gov. oversight, many businesses screw the customer, the environment and crush the competition in the name of inflating the bottom line.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2007, 08:37:16 AM »
I think you previously responded to this in the affirmative, but I hope you're writing a book, because you're clearly one of the best thinkers I've encountered in my umpteen years of life online. 

The working title should be: "Think, America, THINK".   

As always, you're spot-on.  :)
Thanks.  I work very hard on this stuff b/c my real job of being a pension lawyer is driving me to drink.  Politics is a great diversion.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2007, 08:48:49 AM »
I have had had too much interaction with the government to believe otherwise.  Yes there are educated and talented people working for the government.  I never stated otherwise.  But the lack of business sense?  That really is a fact.  I was just talking to guy last week about a government sponsored trip he made to the mainland last year.  He wanted to rent a car, but the "rules" didn't allow it.  They told him he could take a cab.  The cab cost about $200.  Rental car would have been about $80.  I have about a hundred stories like this.

There have been plenty of systems established by the government that look great on paper.  What they haven't done is efficiently carried them out, and they definitely are not more efficient than the private sector. 

I doubt most people enjoy having to deal the government.   

I have a hundred stories of how government has improved the lives of ordinary americans. 

Government is only as good as the people that are in it.  To wit, the Bush administration stocks government positions with yes-men, contrarians, and incompetents and then it points out that gov. doesn't work when these people fuck up.

Government is not an evil.  Abusive government is an evil.  Incompetent government is an evil.

Are there bad regulations?  Probably.  But government is a necessity in our lives.  We must be diligent to improve it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2007, 09:34:11 AM »
Government's fiscal function is to create budgets and use conservative investments where necessary.

The national debt was not a problem until Reagan got into office.  Bush made Reagan look like a piker in drawing up debt.  Clinton paid down the debt.

You've never heard of leveraged companies?

A business can declare bankruptcy leaving the shareholders in the lurch without the ability to pierce the corporate veil and reach the private assets of the corp. board members.

Government is much more accountable than private business.  Are all private business records public records? 

Private business is a good thing and there are good ones.  But when left to its own designs without gov. oversight, many businesses screw the customer, the environment and crush the competition in the name of inflating the bottom line.

We will not agree on whether the government has been fiscally responsible the last 70 years.  Clearly, it hasn't been.  We have to agree to disagree.

Regarding bankruptcy, it is not accurate to say a business can simply declare bankruptcy and walk away.  Depends on what kind (7, 11, or 13), whether the debts are secured, and whether things like fraud are involved. 

No, not all business records are public records, just like not all government records are public records.  I'm aware of the Freedom of Information Act, but the government can and does withhold information all the time.  That's only one component of accountability.  I think the primary component is the fact private business needs positive responses from its customers to stay in business.  The government does not.  The result is a much greater concern for the needs of its customers in the private sector than when dealing with the government.   

No private business can routinely screw its customers and stay in business. 

There are no legitimate businesses without government oversight.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2007, 09:40:39 AM »
I have a hundred stories of how government has improved the lives of ordinary americans. 

Government is only as good as the people that are in it.  To wit, the Bush administration stocks government positions with yes-men, contrarians, and incompetents and then it points out that gov. doesn't work when these people fuck up.

Government is not an evil.  Abusive government is an evil.  Incompetent government is an evil.

Are there bad regulations?  Probably.  But government is a necessity in our lives.  We must be diligent to improve it.

Yes the government has improved the lives of "ordinary" citizens.

Problems in government are party neutral.  Doesn't matter whether a Republican or Democrat is in office.  These problems predate Bush.  They were present with Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, etc. 

No one is contending the government isn't necessary.  I think the point (at least mine anyway) is whether the private sector is more efficient than the government. 

I doubt we ever see a substantial improvement in government service, particularly when it comes to money management.  This excludes our current governor, who has been a master.  She forced Democrats to become more responsible.  A billion dollar turnaround on her watch.     

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2007, 09:52:06 AM »
We will not agree on whether the government has been fiscally responsible the last 70 years.  Clearly, it hasn't been.  We have to agree to disagree.

Regarding bankruptcy, it is not accurate to say a business can simply declare bankruptcy and walk away.  Depends on what kind (7, 11, or 13), whether the debts are secured, and whether things like fraud are involved. 

No, not all business records are public records, just like not all government records are public records.  I'm aware of the Freedom of Information Act, but the government can and does withhold information all the time.  That's only one component of accountability.  I think the primary component is the fact private business needs positive responses from its customers to stay in business.  The government does not.  The result is a much greater concern for the needs of its customers in the private sector than when dealing with the government.   

No private business can routinely screw its customers and stay in business. 

There are no legitimate businesses without government oversight.   

I am not making a blanket oversimplification that gov. is better than private interests at managing money.  It depends on too many factors to make a conclusion like that.  Our government is one of consent by the governed--a give and take...private enterprise is "everything for me".  It's apples and oranges.

In the last 3 decades, whenever a republican president takes office, it's like a crazy uncle getting a hold of your checkbook and spending like a maniac.  If it weren't for Bill Clinton, the national debt and fiscal state of the gov. finances would be much worse.  Bush has doubled the debt.  Irresponsible leaders in government leave government worse off.  They grab as much as they can from the public coffers through privatization and then point to gov. as something that cannot manage money.

If you want to discuss bankruptcy law and corporate liability, that's fine with me.  Oversimplifying the bankruptcy process to the conclusion that shareholders can lose everything is still accurate.  How are your shares of ENRON doing?

FOIA requests can only be defeated by National Security Interests.

Private Businesses need only stay one step ahead of the cost of lawsuits due to their lethal or injurious product/services.

Is it cheaper to build a car with a gas tank that explodes in rear end collisions, or is it cheaper to pay off the estimated lawsuits from such deaths?

That sort of risk analysis is a cottage industry onto itself.  

The whole world is a pretty big market place.  Big business has lots of pigeons to pluck.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2007, 10:19:15 AM »
I am not making a blanket oversimplification that gov. is better than private interests at managing money.  It depends on too many factors to make a conclusion like that.  Our government is one of consent by the governed--a give and take...private enterprise is "everything for me".  It's apples and oranges.

In the last 3 decades, whenever a republican president takes office, it's like a crazy uncle getting a hold of your checkbook and spending like a maniac.  If it weren't for Bill Clinton, the national debt and fiscal state of the gov. finances would be much worse.  Bush has doubled the debt.  Irresponsible leaders in government leave government worse off.  They grab as much as they can from the public coffers through privatization and then point to gov. as something that cannot manage money.

If you want to discuss bankruptcy law and corporate liability, that's fine with me.  Oversimplifying the bankruptcy process to the conclusion that shareholders can lose everything is still accurate.  How are your shares of ENRON doing?

FOIA requests can only be defeated by National Security Interests.

Private Businesses need only stay one step ahead of the cost of lawsuits due to their lethal or injurious product/services.

Is it cheaper to build a car with a gas tank that explodes in rear end collisions, or is it cheaper to pay off the estimated lawsuits from such deaths?

That sort of risk analysis is a cottage industry onto itself.  

The whole world is a pretty big market place.  Big business has lots of pigeons to pluck.

If we're talking about shareholders, then the amount of information available to them is comparable, if not greater, than information available to citizens under FOIA. 

I don't have Enron shares, but I do have the government wasting my money and running our debt through the roof.

Your oversimplification regarding companies filing bankruptcy isn't accurate at all.  It might be accurate if the business is filing chapter 7 and no fraud is involved, etc., but there are many exceptions.  The government, on the other hand, doesn't file bankruptcy.  It just tells citizens to go screw themselves. 

Yes there are abuses in the private sector.  Yes some companies do a cost/benefit analysis and decide it's more profitable to sell defective products and pay lawsuit judgments/settlements than correct defective products.  This make the private sector less accountable and less efficient?  No.   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2007, 10:38:36 AM »
If we're talking about shareholders, then the amount of information available to them is comparable, if not greater, than information available to citizens under FOIA. 

I don't have Enron shares, but I do have the government wasting my money and running our debt through the roof.

Your oversimplification regarding companies filing bankruptcy isn't accurate at all.  It might be accurate if the business is filing chapter 7 and no fraud is involved, etc., but there are many exceptions.  The government, on the other hand, doesn't file bankruptcy.  It just tells citizens to go screw themselves. 

Yes there are abuses in the private sector.  Yes some companies do a cost/benefit analysis and decide it's more profitable to sell defective products and pay lawsuit judgments/settlements than correct defective products.  This make the private sector less accountable and less efficient?  No.   

Shareholders and a company prospectus and citizens and GAO reports—The GAO report is likely much more exhaustive.

If gov. is wasting your money why do you support Bush and the Republican party?

Chptr 7 bankruptcies happen all the time with public corporations.  The Shareholders may get pennies on the dollar after the liquidation.  That is accurate.

We’d better pray that the government does not declare bankruptcy and dissolve—which could happen if we let it.

Beach Bum, the people are the government.  At some point we hold ourselves accountable unless we are using the gov. as a source of enrichment (Bush) or we are trying to drown our gov. in a bath tub (Bush again).

Knowingly selling harmful or fatal products is not a matter of accountability to you?  What about accountability to the consumer who unknowingly buys the tire that blows out or the SUV that rolls over?   Killing the elderly or invalids is also a matter of efficiency.  Perhaps we can incorporate that into our lives.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2007, 11:39:46 AM »
Shareholders and a company prospectus and citizens and GAO reports—The GAO report is likely much more exhaustive.

If gov. is wasting your money why do you support Bush and the Republican party?

Chptr 7 bankruptcies happen all the time with public corporations.  The Shareholders may get pennies on the dollar after the liquidation.  That is accurate.

We’d better pray that the government does not declare bankruptcy and dissolve—which could happen if we let it.

Beach Bum, the people are the government.  At some point we hold ourselves accountable unless we are using the gov. as a source of enrichment (Bush) or we are trying to drown our gov. in a bath tub (Bush again).

Knowingly selling harmful or fatal products is not a matter of accountability to you?  What about accountability to the consumer who unknowingly buys the tire that blows out or the SUV that rolls over?   Killing the elderly or invalids is also a matter of efficiency.  Perhaps we can incorporate that into our lives.

As I stated earlier, government waste, inefficiency, and indifference are party neutral.  I support whomever is in the White House.  Unlike many partisans, I believe that is my obligation as an American citizen who loves his country. 

I support candidates who I think will do the best job running the country.  I make an independent decision in every election in this regard.  Sometimes that results in a vote a Democrat.  Sometimes that results in a vote for a Republican.  What I believe is that, currently, Republicans on balance do a better job running the country at the state and federal level than Democrats.  I've seen this first-hand with Governor Lingle, a Republican in a veto-proof majority Democrat legislature.  She has completely changed the mindset of state government.  From little things, like our State Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs becoming more people and business friendly, including calling consumers "customers," to big things like turning a $250 million budget deficit into a $730 million budget surplus.  She has a different mindset:  reduce expenses, be responsible, take care of the have nots, invest, take care of the business community, etc.  It's that kind of mindset that I find more often with Republicans than Democrats today.  Governor Lingle would make an excellent president, by the way.   

I think one of things we should do is return as much power and money as possible back to the states, who should in turn give as much power as possible to counties and cities. 

I didn't say selling defective products is a form of accountability.  I simply acknowledged that this happens.  The accountability comes into play with lawsuits, loss of revenue, and oversight by the government. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2007, 11:59:18 AM »
I support whomever is in the White House. 

I believe that is my obligation

It is all so clear now.

we could have an adolf-stalin ticket, and you'd be cheerleading them.

You just undermined every defense of the white house you've ever made.  You just admitted you'd defend someone who was outright wrong, because... you believe it's your obligation.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2007, 12:18:34 PM »
Somebody call animal control.  There is a rabid Chihuahua that keeps following me around.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2007, 12:34:10 PM »
Somebody call animal control.  There is a rabid Chihuahua that keeps following me around.  :)

I am so glad you admitted your true belief today.

You don't support Bush.  You support his office.

In 11 months, you'll be trumpeting the greatness of President Hilary or Obama or whoever else gets into office.

You have no original thought.  You have no spine.  You are a bandwagon political cheerleader.
I can't get annoyed at your inconsistent rhetoric (and lies) anymore because you're just parroting what the guy/gal in charge does.

You're Bill O Reilly :)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2007, 05:37:41 PM »

In 11 months, you'll be trumpeting the greatness of President Hilary or Obama or whoever else gets into office.

You have no original thought.  You have no spine.  You are a bandwagon political cheerleader.
I can't get annoyed at your inconsistent rhetoric (and lies) anymore because you're just parroting what the guy/gal in charge does.

MELTDOWN ;D

Moosejay

« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2007, 05:46:05 PM »
It is all so clear now.

we could have an adolf-stalin ticket, and you'd be cheerleading them.

You just undermined every defense of the white house you've ever made.  You just admitted you'd defend someone who was outright wrong, because... you believe it's your obligation.

I agree with 240. I support the presidency...whoever is in.

All I can say is...if they socialize medicine...say GOODBYE to doctors like me.

Mike

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2007, 06:37:38 PM »
I agree with 240. I support the presidency...whoever is in.

All I can say is...if they socialize medicine...say GOODBYE to doctors like me.

Mike

Most modern countries have social healthcare and their doctors still drive mercedes , BMWs and have homes the size of shopping malls.

Would you go to canada?  I may be there soon also.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2007, 07:48:22 PM »

It's ironic 240; that same criticism could have been launched at another fascist pig; namely YOU!
I hate the State.