Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger's VERY FIRST appearance in a Weider publication! *PICS*  (Read 2976 times)

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
Now, the hardcore Arnie fans know that the July '68 issue was Arnold's very first cover on a Weider publication, but it contained no article or such on the young Oak...

...it wasn't until the August '68 issue that the first article on Arnold was mentioned in a Weider publication via Muscle Builder/Power. Enjoy...

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Now, the hardcore Arnie fans know that the July '68 issue was Arnold's very first cover on a Weider publication, but it contained no article or such on the young Oak...

...it wasn't until the August '68 issue that the first article on Arnold was mentioned in a Weider publication via Muscle Builder/Power. Enjoy...

The old way of doing particular exercises is always strange!!!  :)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
"Introducing the 100 Megaton Bodybuilder"  ???

Weider's publications were always full of shit.

Pollux

• Getbig V
The old way of doing particular exercises is always strange!!!  :)

I don't know what exercise Arnold is doing you're thinking is "strange", but OK.  ???

Pollux

• Getbig V
"Introducing the 100 Megaton Bodybuilder"  ???

Weider's publications were always full of shit.

LOL...the beginning of hyping Arnold.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
I don't know what exercise Arnold is doing you're thinking is "strange", but OK.  ???

They look a bit "old time"y know....

Pollux

• Getbig V

Not use to the basic exercises, eh? 

Step away from the machines!  :D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Great! What's the mag worth?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
welcome to thirty nine years ago
L

Pollux

• Getbig V

I don't know, and I don't care. It will NEVER be for sale.  ;D

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV

It's not the exercises, it's the fact that they're being performed in tight black underwear.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter

probably $25-30.  you can probably get one from http://vintagemusclemags.com/mags.php?c=111

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
The only exercise that looks "odd" to me is the barbell row. His back is almost perpendicular to the floor. I do not think most people keep their back that perpendicular anymore. Does not look like it could be good for the lower back. Agree/disagree?
X

Pollux

• Getbig V
The only exercise that looks "odd" to me is the barbell row. His back is almost perpendicular to the floor. I do not think most people keep their back that perpendicular anymore. Does not look like it could be good for the lower back. Agree/disagree?

Worked for him.  ;)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Worked for him.  ;)

I am not doubting that him worked for him, I am just saying that most people do not do them like that anymore. Obviously, with the use of science and technology, we have come to learn a great deal about the human body since then. I was just thinking maybe it was bad for the back and even though it worked for Arnold, why take that chance of hurting yourself.
X

Pollux

• Getbig V
I am not doubting that him worked for him, I am just saying that most people do not do them like that anymore. Obviously, with the use of science and technology, we have come to learn a great deal about the human body since then. I was just thinking maybe it was bad for the back and even though it worked for Arnold, why take that chance of hurting yourself.

I've never seen anyone doing it any other way...then again, I've never seen anyone doing that exercise anymore -- period.

It's usually the t-bar row with their body at an angle.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
I've never seen anyone doing it any other way...then again, I've never seen anyone doing that exercise anymore -- period.

It's usually the t-bar row with their body at an angle.

People's upper body tend to be more upright. Kind of like the way Dorian Yates or Coleman does it. The people I have seen do this exercise, are not that perpendicular. Maybe it is a geographical conundrum. Though, you are correct, not many people do them anymore.
X

Pollux

• Getbig V
welcome to thirty nine years ago

And? That's when Arnold was discovered, knucklehead.

aussiepro

• Getbig III
in that first pic arnolds chest is amazing
there's no magic pills... just needles

Pollux

• Getbig V

Yup. Fuckin' thick!  :o

George Greenwood took that photo to which Joe Weider bought a copy; colored it; and *BOOM* the July '68 issue of Muscle Builder/Power.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V

I think it's the worst possible situation. Dorian intoduced the 45 degree angle to bent over barbell rows and he and Ronnie are proof that it's a superior method.

Watch any of the old workout or Olympia videos and you'll see ads showing ripped Ritchie doing barbell rows on a platform with his back parralel to the gound and even below!  :o

NubianMuscle

• Getbig III
Back in the day (long before Arnold) serious bodybuilders did rib cage expansion exercises. Today, IFBB Pros don't worry about the chest, they just expand their abdomin to the max. ;D
D