Author Topic: Castle Doctrine: In Defense of Self-Defense  (Read 599 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Castle Doctrine: In Defense of Self-Defense
« on: December 20, 2007, 01:35:09 PM »
Click on the Listen Now button to hear the 911 call

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17460253

Talk of the Nation, December 20, 2007 · The Castle Doctrine allows law-abiding citizens attacked in their own homes (their "castles") to respond with force, even deadly force, to protect themselves — though the law varies from state to state. Self-defense laws are back in the spotlight after two recent cases in which intruders were shot and killed by homeowners.

:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Castle Doctrine: In Defense of Self-Defense
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 01:51:53 PM »
Click on the Listen Now button to hear the 911 call

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17460253

Talk of the Nation, December 20, 2007 · The Castle Doctrine allows law-abiding citizens attacked in their own homes (their "castles") to respond with force, even deadly force, to protect themselves — though the law varies from state to state. Self-defense laws are back in the spotlight after two recent cases in which intruders were shot and killed by homeowners.

Great subject.  I listened to about the first 9 minutes.  I have no problem with people using deadly force to protect their home.  You shouldn't be required to ask a criminal what his intent is. 

Also notice that the guy described the perps as "black," but they were actually Hispanic.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 02:00:32 PM »
castle doctrine extends to your vehicle in Fla.

ALso there is some new law that Jeb passed which extends it to your person in certain circumstances.  You no longer have that requirement to flee or something.  I'd still make every damn effort to avoid a situation.  But its nice when the state gives rights to citizens, not criminals.  In NYC, a guy can hit you with a lead pipe, you shoot him in the leg, and you're going to jail and he's taking your house in the lawsuit.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 09:26:39 PM »
Great subject.  I listened to about the first 9 minutes.  I have no problem with people using deadly force to protect their home.  You shouldn't be required to ask a criminal what his intent is. 

Also notice that the guy described the perps as "black," but they were actually Hispanic.   ::)

The reporter said they were undocumented aliens from Columbia with black features, but Hispanic surnames.
:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 11:41:45 PM »
The reporter said they were undocumented aliens from Columbia with black features, but Hispanic surnames.

Does that mean Tiger Woods black features or Don King black features?  Maybe they looked like the Rock?  He'as a halfrican.   :)