Author Topic: Why are most personal trainers idiots?  (Read 7175 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Why are most personal trainers idiots?
« on: December 20, 2007, 04:20:23 PM »
I saw this personal trainer at the gym today in an underarmor shirt, which actually fit him loose.. lol.. He was training this fat lady on a medicine ball and telling her that he'd flatten her stomach in no time, and then adding that she ought to drink gatorade for increased energy or something along those lines.. He was telling her to do crunches to flatten her stomach and to work on the various leg machines to define her hips and backside.  ::) This is the same woman I've seen for months and months now looking as fat as ever. hahaha

Seems like these idiot personal trainers don't know anything about nutrition. They give useless advice to their clients, while advestising products sold at the gym's store. Can't believe that people are desperate enough to actually pay these idiots. lol

Master Blaster

Re: Why are most personal trainers idiots?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 04:22:57 PM »
I saw this personal trainer at the gym today in an underarmor shirt, which actually fit him loose.. lol.. He was training this fat lady on a medicine ball and telling her that he'd flatten her stomach in no time, while telling her that she ought to drink gatorade for increased energy or something along those lines.. He was telling her to do crunches to flatten her stomach and to work on the various leg machines to define her hips and backside.  ::) This is the same woman I've seen for months and months now looking as fat as ever. hahaha

Seems like these idiot personal trainers don't know anything about nutrition. They give useless advice to their clients, while advestising products sold at the gym's store. Can't believe that people are desperate enough to actually pay these idiots. lol

People don't want to hear the truth. He probably knows that shit, he can't tell people: "Take ECA, stop eating shit and go for a walk every morning instead of blowing your cash in this dump."

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 04:26:59 PM »
I saw this personal trainer at the gym today in an underarmor shirt, which actually fit him loose.. lol.. He was training this fat lady on a medicine ball and telling her that he'd flatten her stomach in no time, and then adding that she ought to drink gatorade for increased energy or something along those lines.. He was telling her to do crunches to flatten her stomach and to work on the various leg machines to define her hips and backside.  ::) This is the same woman I've seen for months and months now looking as fat as ever. hahaha

was that Milos ur talkin about?

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 04:30:27 PM »

You must work out at a 24 Hour fitness

You do know, you can take a test after a weekend crash course and become a personal trainer (ISSA)?

joelocal

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 04:32:21 PM »
Because we know everything and you know nothing :D

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 04:33:36 PM »
This just in - some personal trainers are stupid.

Just like some teachers, mailmen, bus drivers, CEO's, politicians, astronauts, cowboys, bodybuilders, scientists, lingerie models, and McDonald's employees.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 04:37:30 PM »
People don't want to hear the truth. He probably knows that shit, he can't tell people: "Take ECA, stop eating shit and go for a walk every morning instead of blowing your cash in this dump."

You're right

There are some personal trainers that are in excellent shape, but they also dish out the same nonsense as the idiots that look like they've never touched a weight in their life. Like this one juiced up PT told this fat kid that he ought to check out the gym store's selection of proteins in order to get into shape.. haha

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 04:39:15 PM »
You're right

There are some personal trainers that are in excellent shape, but they also dish out the same nonsense as the idiots that look like they've never touched a weight in their life. Like this one juiced up PT told this fat kid that he ought to check out the gym store's selection of proteins in order to be huge.

He's employed by that gym.  No different than being a car salesman for Ford.  You're not going to tell somebody to buy a Toyota Tundra over an F-150 even if it is better.  You sell what you have because that's what gets your ass paid.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 04:40:15 PM »
Wear an IPod so you don't have to listen to them dishing out "knowledge". Otherwise you will get so irritated and you will wind up posting about in on getbig!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 04:41:58 PM »
He's employed by that gym.  No different than being a car salesman for Ford.  You're not going to tell somebody to buy a Toyota Tundra over an F-150 even if it is better.  You sell what you have because that's what gets your ass paid.

It just looks like a complete lack of integrity to me..  :-\

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 04:42:28 PM »
They usually follow the gym's guidelines to working out instead of an actual proper workout, they make more money and can drag out more money out of the client and drag out more days or weeks or months before the client even drops a pound. I called a "pesonal trainer" out and they banned me from there gym once because a upset client came to me looking for advice after just seeing me at the gym working out, she felt betrayed by the gym and it was 24 hr fitness.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 04:43:10 PM »
because it is a field that everyone that lifts or not thinks they are expert in
irongearco.com

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 04:43:20 PM »
You're right

There are some personal trainers that are in excellent shape, but they also dish out the same nonsense as the idiots that look like they've never touched a weight in their life. Like this one juiced up PT told this fat kid that he ought to check out the gym store's selection of proteins in order to get into shape.. haha

Business - who wants to hear that hard work shapes a body?
Psyche em up,
sell them something,
make some money,
next....  8)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »
i have a PT... because im a noob :-\
A

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 04:50:01 PM »

As long as she is bigger than you, that is understandable.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 04:52:39 PM »
I guess the "H" does'nt stand for huge or hypertrophy..haha

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 04:52:55 PM »
They usually follow the gym's guidelines to working out instead of an actual proper workout, they make more money and can drag out more money out of the client and drag out more days or weeks or months before the client even drops a pound. I called a "pesonal trainer" out and they banned me from there gym once because a upset client came to me looking for advice after just seeing me at the gym working out, she felt betrayed by the gym and it was 24 hr fitness.

It's just sad and pathetic, but business is business I guess.

I went and worked out an Equinox in the city and the trainers there knew their shit. They seemed to be actually helping their clients, as well as nonclients who were just working out. All of them were built and idealistic, and most of their clients were in good shape too. But then again Equinox is an excellent health club, nothing like 24 hour bullshit/Balleys/NYSC.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 05:04:31 PM »
As long as she is bigger than you, that is understandable.

I have a guy PT, he is a big dude.

I guess the "H" does'nt stand for huge or hypertrophy..haha
:(  ...... It stands for Hairy ;D
A

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 05:05:39 PM »
I have a guy PT, he is a big dude.

I was just bustin' your balls...

Curious, what do you pay a session??

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 05:11:13 PM »

Curious, what do you pay a session??

Off the top of my head, i think its like 40 - 45 dollars.
A

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 05:13:28 PM »
Not too bad....some are a rip off so making sure you did not get burned..

Some skinny bastards at the Lifetime Fitness here charge $99 a session!!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 05:44:57 PM »
Not too bad....some are a rip off so making sure you did not get burned..

Some skinny bastards at the Lifetime Fitness here charge $99 a session!!

Cool, but Im going it alone in a couple months. im going to need to bring a buddy on chest day then ;D
A

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 05:53:54 PM »
Cool, but Im going it alone in a couple months. im going to need to bring a buddy on chest day then ;D

Most people that have trained for a while will give you a spot though if you do not have a buddy to train with. Just ask nicely and not in the middle of their set!!

Do not rely on other people to train with you, once you make it a habit, easy to break. Stick with it man, takes time to grow!

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 07:29:17 PM »
its because its easy to get a personal training certificate, when i got mine there were some people in my class who were overweight and never been to a gym in there lives, people go into it thinking its easy but they are the same people that you see looking for another job in a year or two
there's no magic pills... just needles

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 07:48:39 PM »

And i suppose you would have the fat lady over in the corner in the squat rack doing 5 sets of 5 ass to floor and telling her she should only eat chicken and rice...