Author Topic: PATHETIC SIGHT IN THE GYM TODAY.......  (Read 6859 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: PATHETIC SIGHT IN THE GYM TODAY.......
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 06:19:16 PM »
Todays workout consisted of:

Wide grip pulldowns- 3 sets final set 200 for 10
Hi-Lat pulldown plate loaded- 3 sets final set 320 for 8
Smith machine barbell rows- 3 sets final set 275 for 8
T-bar rows ronnie style- 3 sets final set 245 for 8
Wide grip cable rows- 3 sets final set 200 for 8
One arm cable rows- 3 sets final 80 for 8
Dumbell Shrugs- 4 sets final set 115 for 8
YEAH BUDDY 5'11" 238LBS VISIBLE ABS
that's a lot of work but not much weight, kind of a Jay Cutler type workout, lots of work though.

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
  • I RUN THIS PLACE,GET USED TO IT!!
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2007, 06:20:54 PM »
My back is feeling it.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 06:22:03 PM »
My back is feeling it.
that's a lot of sets brother, my back workout today was 4 sets of pulldowns, 4 sets of barbell rows and 4 sets of db rows.

jdooly

• Getbig III
Re: PATHETIC SITE IN THE GYM TODAY.......
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2007, 07:26:35 PM »
That's nothing. I seen this massive 5'8'' a buck thirty guy talking on his cell phone. He moves to the triceps pushdown using a rope while holding the cell between his head and his shoulder.

Phone falls, guy's arms flails in the air from the weights coming down while not being able to hold the rope -- total jackass!

Needless to say, everyone around him laughed...including me.  :D
Cell phones in the gym gotta GO!!   unless you're expecting a baby, or on-call, or something important, otherwise, don't even bring it in!!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2007, 07:29:02 PM »
Cell phones in the gym gotta GO!!   unless you're expecting a baby, or on-call, or something important, otherwise, don't even bring it in!!
OK, jdooky, you're the boss.

::)

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2007, 07:44:04 PM »
So I am working back today. Heavy compounds, barbell row, T-bar rows, etc. etc. sweating my ass off. Here comes this 5'5", 150lbs tops personal trainer with his kettelbell and two other personal trainer goons in tow. I don't usually give a fuck what the next person is doing in the gym but when I see a guy this size swinging a metal ball between his legs demonstrating this feat for two other goons I say what the fuck. Epic fear of moving real weight and gaining an inch or two anywhere. Total idiot in my opinion. Discuss

I hear Coach uses the kettelbell exclusively...That is what he used for his show...That and inslin

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2007, 07:47:59 PM »
I have my cell phone off when I am training in the gym.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2007, 07:52:19 PM »
back training always puts me in a bad mood too.
I know. I just started back at the gym and today was my first back workout in a while and fuck I'm gonna be sore tomorrow ;D

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2007, 08:07:25 PM »
I have my cell phone when I am training in the gym.But when my phone rings it pisses me off.I am thinking at the time when it dose god dam it.

You dumbass. You have it when you're training, but get pissed when it rings? Where's the logic in that?

You do realize you're the people we heckle when you have that thing on the gym floor, don't ya?  :D

ConanCarl

• Getbig II
  • CD
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2007, 08:31:45 PM »
I train with kettlebells and reg weights-kettlebells give you a lot of explosive power-they are real tough when done tthe right way-differnt weight balance-great for grip and the best exercises are snatch clean and jerk and military  presses-dont knock em

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2007, 08:42:29 PM »
So I am working back today. Heavy compounds, barbell row, T-bar rows, etc. etc. sweating my ass off. Here comes this 5'5", 150lbs tops personal trainer with his kettelbell and two other personal trainer goons in tow. I don't usually give a fuck what the next person is doing in the gym but when I see a guy this size swinging a metal ball between his legs demonstrating this feat for two other goons I say what the fuck. Epic fear of moving real weight and gaining an inch or two anywhere. Total idiot in my opinion. Discuss

This is--without doubt--the most pathetic failed attempt at a "gym owning story" I have ever seen.  Study Squadfather's posts and see how it's done, noob.

bronxbomber

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2007, 08:44:29 PM »
          oh my god! today i was busting my ass on the stepmill "gaulett"-bodybuilder terms, sweating to death, and i saw this 150lb      dude "walking" on a treadmill!
          what are gyms coming to these days... lol

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2007, 08:47:29 PM »
          oh my god! today i was busting my ass on the stepmill "gaulett"-bodybuilder terms, sweating to death, and i saw this 150lb      dude "walking" on a treadmill!
          what are gyms coming to these days... lol

That's actually not that bad.  Not bad for a noob, that is. ::)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2007, 08:55:06 PM »
No, actually kettle balls are quite effective in building muscle mass and more importantly "the core".  In Ronnie Coleman's first video, I remember this exercise he did using a kettle ball....what was the name of it?....oh yeah, kettle balls are fucking pointless..hahaha
Gotta love these "fitness gurus".  Sorry, but your basic movements are what add mass and more so, diet.  It's interesting that most you see jacking off a kettle ball, usually look like nothing.  Same with the rubber band horseshit.  Unless, you're using it for a sport specific purpose, golf swing, pitching, etc...it's an utter waste of time.
Face it, most people have a hard enough time getting to the gym, then when they get there, they realize...I actually have to sweat?  oh man.
N

Moosejay

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2007, 09:05:14 PM »
That's nothing. I seen this massive 5'8'' a buck thirty guy talking on his cell phone. He moves to the triceps pushdown using a rope while holding the cell between his head and his shoulder.

Phone falls, guy's arms flails in the air from the weights coming down while not being able to hold the rope -- total jackass!

Needless to say, everyone around him laughed...including me.  :D

You can end this idiocy.

Get a cell phone jammer.

Looks like a cell phone. Strap it to your belt...activate...knocks out all cell phones for up 75 foot radius.

And then you will have peace without distractions.

Mike

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2007, 01:47:22 AM »
You can end this idiocy.

Get a cell phone jammer.

Looks like a cell phone. Strap it to your belt...activate...knocks out all cell phones for up 75 foot radius.

Mike

Shit, where can I get one of those? That would fucking rule!
HAHA, RON.....

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2007, 01:54:03 AM »
No, actually kettle balls are quite effective in building muscle mass and more importantly "the core".  In Ronnie Coleman's first video, I remember this exercise he did using a kettle ball....what was the name of it?....oh yeah, kettle balls are fucking pointless..hahaha
Gotta love these "fitness gurus".  Sorry, but your basic movements are what add mass and more so, diet.  It's interesting that most you see jacking off a kettle ball, usually look like nothing.  Same with the rubber band horseshit.  Unless, you're using it for a sport specific purpose, golf swing, pitching, etc...it's an utter waste of time.
Face it, most people have a hard enough time getting to the gym, then when they get there, they realize...I actually have to sweat?  oh man.

Shhh you'll offend pRumpster who swears by these resistance bands and he'll defend them till he dies.

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

qiniz

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2007, 03:10:13 AM »
that's a lot of sets brother, my back workout today was 4 sets of pulldowns, 4 sets of barbell rows and 4 sets of db rows.

Is that all you do on your back day? Serious question, because you must be done in like 30 minutes...

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2007, 04:52:36 AM »
You can end this idiocy.

Get a cell phone jammer.

Mike

Yeah, I seen that lil' device on the news. Don't think it's available in the US...yet.

But it cost a pretty penny. I wanna say somewhere in the neighborhood of $400.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2007, 04:55:24 AM »
OK, jdooky, you're the boss.

He's not the boss. Just a guy that makes sense.

Wait a minute! You must be one of those knuckleheads who uses their cell on the gym floor while monopolyzing the machines, etc. You're quick on the defense.  :D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2007, 05:37:25 AM »
Everytime I see people rolling around on these ridiculous balls in the gym I want to get a huge butcher knief and spike 100 holes in the damn ball. There a total waste of time and people on them get in the damn way.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2007, 06:23:20 AM »
I know. I just started back at the gym and today was my first back workout in a while and fuck I'm gonna be sore tomorrow ;D

Your always just starting back in the gym ;D

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2007, 06:57:17 AM »
Regarding kettle bells:  Used prroperly, they do hav a place.  One of my old trainers was an Olympic-style lilfter and had some heavy-ass bells with thick handles.  for him, I can see it.

Regarding phones:  When I worked for Johnson & Johnson I was in Raritan, NJ(company HQ) for training.  I was at a Gold's that had a lot of out of town traffic.  This Gold's was great, a real hole in the wall with chalk and DBs up to 170lbs.  Chuck Wepner was either an owner or big-time member, his pic was everywhere.  I digress...

There was an ass-hat that dropped his DBs after every set of chest, no matter how light (and he was small, so they were pretty light).  45s for 12, BLAM!  Drop them from full extension.  Between sets, he would text or talk on the phone, then lay the phone by the bench during sets.  During sets, his phone would ring or text alert incessantly, at full volume.  People were getting pissed, staring him down, etc.

Most of you can see where this is going.

Last set of DB bench, 60 lb DBs...drop from full etension...

CRUNCH!!!

He didn't text or tlk nymore that day and everyone laughed their asses off at him!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2007, 07:14:39 AM »
Still blows me away how even with all of todays technology, modern day equipment, array of free weights, dumbbells, machines and hammer strengths, people still flop around like idiots on these dumb balls. Mind you, 99.9% of these people that do use them have no muscle no base and no idea of how to workout in the first place. You'll never see a guy/girl in shape using these death balls. They are one big accident looking for a place to happen.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2007, 07:44:09 AM »
Is that all you do on your back day? Serious question, because you must be done in like 30 minutes...
40-45 minutes and then 8-10 sets of hamstrings afterwards.