Author Topic: PATHETIC SIGHT IN THE GYM TODAY.......  (Read 6858 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: PATHETIC SIGHT IN THE GYM TODAY.......
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2008, 02:08:53 PM »
Not everyone trains to just gebig you idiots, some people at the gym are real athletes!
like golfers and race car drivers ::)

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2008, 02:13:51 PM »
Golfers and Drivers are real athletes!! Just because they don't lift heavy weights doens't make them any different to other gym people. Why can't you be nice?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2008, 02:18:55 PM »
I totally hate dumbell rows, don't feel it in the back at all

my back workout looks like this:

close-grip pull up
wide grip pull down
t-bar rows
reverse barbell rows
rack deads

really?  if i started out with close grip pull ups, id end up using my biceps a shitload in the rest of that work out.   i like to start out with high-rep deads or pull overs just to get blood in the lats before i do any movement where the bi's might come into play...makes it easier to keep the biceps out of the movement.
other than that, im do pretty much the same movements. although i do like dumbell rows.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2008, 02:19:18 PM »
how do you define athlete? i define it by one who has at least one of the following traits: strength, speed, quickness, agility, endurance. do golfers and drivers have any of these traits? me thinks not 8) ok golfers are very skillful and drivers got lots of fucking guts but athletic talent???

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2008, 02:27:48 PM »
a golfer CAN be an athlete. or they can be a dancer of sorts.

athlete= tiger woods.

dancer= ernie els.

if you know golf, that just made a whole lot of sense.

if you dont know golf, you probably think im crazy.  ;D

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2008, 02:30:42 PM »
how do you define athlete? i define it by one who has at least one of the following traits: strength, speed, quickness, agility, endurance. do golfers and drivers have any of these traits? me thinks not 8) ok golfers are very skillful and drivers got lots of fucking guts but athletic talent???

Drivers as athletes, ahahahaha!

Golf? STFU!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2008, 02:33:50 PM »
a golfer CAN be an athlete. or they can be a dancer of sorts.

athlete= tiger woods.

dancer= ernie els.

if you know golf, that just made a whole lot of sense.

if you dont know golf, you probably think im crazy.  ;D
ok i've played golf many times, not that i'm good at it, but still i know the game. and it only takes skill, and not a high level of any of the previous 5 factors i listed. and i didn't say dancers i said race car drivers. and yes, dancers are athletes coz it requires a high level of endurance, agility, quickness and a moderate amount of strength

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2008, 02:42:28 PM »
 tiger woodsa is an athlete. you can play golf like its a sport, or you can play golf like its a performance. a dance, if you will.    lok at tiger swing a golf club, that is an athletic movement. look at ernie else swing a golf club, THAT is a dance.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2008, 02:44:54 PM »
So I am working back today. Heavy compounds, barbell row, T-bar rows, etc. etc. sweating my ass off. Here comes this 5'5", 150lbs tops personal trainer with his kettelbell and two other personal trainer goons in tow. I don't usually give a fuck what the next person is doing in the gym but when I see a guy this size swinging a metal ball between his legs demonstrating this feat for two other goons I say what the fuck. Epic fear of moving real weight and gaining an inch or two anywhere. Total idiot in my opinion. Discuss

lol Typical meathead

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2008, 02:49:33 PM »
Athletes can be professional (paid) or amateur (unpaid). A superior athlete is one who has above average physical skills (strength, agility, and endurance) and is thus more suited for physical competition. An Ancient Greek word for "contest" was athlos, and those competing in early Greek games were called athletes.

Most professional athletes have particularly well-developed physiques obtained by extensive physical training and strict exercise accompanied by a strict dietary regimen.