Author Topic: 190+ Bush Administration Scandals  (Read 6374 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: 190+ Bush Administration Scandals
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »
I think that's the point Beach is trying to make with the assertion made in the 190+

Ding!   :) 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2007, 11:53:42 AM »
I have a problem with any public official or member of the business community who is a felon.  What I don't see is any connection to Ken Lay being the president of Enron and a Bush Administration scandal.  That's partisan nonsense IMO.  If Bush was involved in Enron in some way, then I could see this possibly being related to his administration.  

That Mission Accomplished stuff is really petty.  I have a hard time getting worked up over that.  A scandal?  Hardly.  

No, the fact Bush probably dodged the draft over 30 years ago isn't a Bush Administration scandal.  That's actually the definition of a dead horse.  It was relevant BEFORE he was elected the first time.  It has zero to do with a current "scandal."  
Bush received 1.14 million from Enron when he ran for president.  He flew around the country on the Enron jet.  Lay had a hand in crafting our national energy policy.

Bush battled price controls in California during the rolling brownouts which directly inured to the benefit of Ken Lay.

There is a heck of alot more nefarious connections.

Of course the "mission accomplished" lie is not a scandal--I mean comparatively speaking.  The Bush administration comes out with what seems to be weekly scandals that, in depth of criminality and immorality, seem to outshine the prior week's scandal.  So I guess lying about hanging a banner is no big deal.

I believe you when you say that you don't care about Bush's alleged desertion.  I do care though.  The allegations tarnish the office he holds.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2007, 12:04:46 PM »
Bush received 1.14 million from Enron when he ran for president.  He flew around the country on the Enron jet.  Lay had a hand in crafting our national energy policy.

Bush battled price controls in California during the rolling brownouts which directly inured to the benefit of Ken Lay.

There is a heck of alot more nefarious connections.

Of course the "mission accomplished" lie is not a scandal--I mean comparatively speaking.  The Bush administration comes out with what seems to be weekly scandals that, in depth of criminality and immorality, seem to outshine the prior week's scandal.  So I guess lying about hanging a banner is no big deal.

I believe you when you say that you don't care about Bush's alleged desertion.  I do care though.  The allegations tarnish the office he holds.

So Bush made policy decisions designed to benefit Enron based on his relationship with Ken Lay?  Pretty wild Decker. 

I don't like the fact Bush probably dodged the draft, but it isn't a current scandal, nor is it really relevant after he takes office.  Same is true of Clinton and his draft dodging.   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2007, 01:30:56 PM »
So Bush made policy decisions designed to benefit Enron based on his relationship with Ken Lay?  Pretty wild Decker. 

I didn't say that but I think it is very evident.  It is quite a coincidence and a matter of course that Bush advocates legislation to the benefit of this country's financial elites.

And it's not like quid pro quo is unprecedented btn Bush and Lay--Bush served on Harken Energy's board when it entered into big time trade agreements with ENRON.

--Bush personally joined the fight against imposing caps on the soaring price of electricity in California at a time when Enron was artificially driving up the price of electricity by manipulating supply. Bush’s rear-guard action against price caps bought Enron and other energy traders extra time to gouge hundreds of millions of dollars from California’s consumers.

--Bush granted Lay broad influence over the administration’s energy policies, including the choice of key regulators to oversee Enron’s businesses. The chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission was suddenly replaced in 2001 after he began to delve into Enron’s complex derivative-financing schemes.

--Bush had his National Security Council staff organize an administration-wide campaign to pressure the Indian government to accommodate Enron, which wanted to sell its generating plant in Dabhol, India, for $2.3 billion. Bush administration pressure on India over the Dabhol plant continued even after Sept. 11, when India’s support was needed for the war on terrorism. The administration’s threats against India on Enron’s behalf didn’t stop until Nov. 8.

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2002/052902a.html

Only after ENRON became a liability to Bush did he have the balls to say that he barely knew who Ken Lay was.  That's funny.  Over a million in political contributions, a 10+ year friendship, influence peddling to save ENRON and Bush couldn't recall his good friend and business partner?

You might want to take a look at these 15 letters from Ken Lay to Bush found at the smoking gun website:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/bushlay12.html

Maybe if Bush saw those letters, his memory would be refreshed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2007, 02:25:37 PM »
Wanna start with 100 + deaths and suicides associated during his administration?

holy shit... you're a CONSPIRACY THEORIST, Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have no proof, yet you're making a helluva accusation!!

Hilarious!

You won't look at 911 proof, even when Bush 1, 2, and reagan cabinet members (and FBI, nypd, FDNY, etc) call it an inside job.

But you can accuse CLinton of this with ZERO evidence?  SERIOUSLY? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2007, 02:44:18 PM »
I didn't say that but I think it is very evident.  It is quite a coincidence and a matter of course that Bush advocates legislation to the benefit of this country's financial elites.

And it's not like quid pro quo is unprecedented btn Bush and Lay--Bush served on Harken Energy's board when it entered into big time trade agreements with ENRON.

--Bush personally joined the fight against imposing caps on the soaring price of electricity in California at a time when Enron was artificially driving up the price of electricity by manipulating supply. Bush’s rear-guard action against price caps bought Enron and other energy traders extra time to gouge hundreds of millions of dollars from California’s consumers.

--Bush granted Lay broad influence over the administration’s energy policies, including the choice of key regulators to oversee Enron’s businesses. The chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission was suddenly replaced in 2001 after he began to delve into Enron’s complex derivative-financing schemes.

--Bush had his National Security Council staff organize an administration-wide campaign to pressure the Indian government to accommodate Enron, which wanted to sell its generating plant in Dabhol, India, for $2.3 billion. Bush administration pressure on India over the Dabhol plant continued even after Sept. 11, when India’s support was needed for the war on terrorism. The administration’s threats against India on Enron’s behalf didn’t stop until Nov. 8.

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2002/052902a.html

Only after ENRON became a liability to Bush did he have the balls to say that he barely knew who Ken Lay was.  That's funny.  Over a million in political contributions, a 10+ year friendship, influence peddling to save ENRON and Bush couldn't recall his good friend and business partner?

You might want to take a look at these 15 letters from Ken Lay to Bush found at the smoking gun website:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/bushlay12.html

Maybe if Bush saw those letters, his memory would be refreshed.

I looked at several of the letters.  I doubt he read them.  They were addressed to him as governor.  I doubt governors and presidents personally read the vast majority of their mail. 

In any event, sounds like a pretty sinister plot. 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2007, 07:24:52 PM »
LOL..    So many times decker is called out for more info on his opinions and he comes thru in a huge way.

Dude has mad skills.....whats great is he doesnt even have to lie, cuz every week bush will do something even stupider than the previous week......constant new material... 8)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2007, 09:19:50 AM »
looks like the truth to me.

O.K.   ::)

I skimmed the list.  http://www.deepjournal.com/p/7/a/en/743.html   It's laughable.  Scandal number one is Walter Reed.  ::)  Number five is "Afghanistan, transferring resources to Iraq before the job was finished, the results: a resurgent Taliban, continuing warlordism, and exploding opium production."  Six is "Iran and saber rattling, axis of evil, lack of engagement, refusal to talk to, addressing the nuclear issue through threats, clumsy attempts to blame Iran for the debacle in Iraq and a failure to recognize their very real interests there." 

Seven is "North Korea, axis of evil, ditching the 1994 agreement and freezing of bank accounts because of dubious uranium program, the plutonium program which led to a fizzled first nuclear test, and something like a return to the 1994 agreement."

Eight is the failure to find Osama bin Laden?   

Ten is signing the Military Commissions Act???  This is partisan gibberish. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2007, 12:37:43 PM »
I support whomever is in the White House. 

I believe that is my obligation

It is all so clear now.
If Hitler and Stalin were in office, you'd be cheerleading them too.
You don't have a sense of right and wrong.  You just defend whoever is in charge, right or wrong.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2007, 12:57:33 PM »
Clinton allowed 9/11 to happen along with most of that list.  I think any person who can put their personal hatred for Bush aside for 2 secs and pull their head out of their ass can see that.

240 you need to just stop arguing.. you are a sore loser and your response to clintons list is a perfect example of how you react to having your bias and your ignorance exposed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2007, 02:00:12 PM »
240 you need to just stop arguing.. you are a sore loser and your response to clintons list is a perfect example of how you react to having your bias and your ignorance exposed.

It's a PERFCET EXAMPLE of how people will support a CT with no evidence and ACCUSE clinton of something terrible without evidence... but... they cannot for a minute ven look at 911 evidence, even when it's much greater.

It's funny that "CT" is political for them.   I haven't heard of this clinton thing - but Joe is ready to ACCUSE clinton of horrible things.  All I'm saying is, there needs to be another 911 investigation - and you have ppl here accusing clinton of horrible things.

you cannot have it both ways, brix.  You either look at evidence in each case, or it's crazy in each case.  It's funny to catch them off guard and see their defense of things isn't based on reason or fact - it's purely ppolitical.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2007, 07:37:43 PM »
It's a PERFCET EXAMPLE of how people will support a CT with no evidence and ACCUSE clinton of something terrible without evidence... but... they cannot for a minute ven look at 911 evidence, even when it's much greater.

It's funny that "CT" is political for them.   I haven't heard of this clinton thing - but Joe is ready to ACCUSE clinton of horrible things.  All I'm saying is, there needs to be another 911 investigation - and you have ppl here accusing clinton of horrible things.

you cannot have it both ways, brix.  You either look at evidence in each case, or it's crazy in each case.  It's funny to catch them off guard and see their defense of things isn't based on reason or fact - it's purely ppolitical.

There needs to be another 9/11 investigation done, that much is true.

PS, you're still fascist scum.
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2007, 08:46:40 PM »
there will be another.  history has set the precedent, and there are many smoking guns with this one.  WHen bush leaves office and people stop being scared and start coming fwd, the need for one will come out very quickly.

the media marginalizes and labels anyone who looks at the evidence and drafts legistaltion for a second investgation.  but 67% of america wants an investigation now.  Give it 2 more years.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2007, 05:21:40 AM »
there will be another.  history has set the precedent, and there are many smoking guns with this one.  WHen bush leaves office and people stop being scared and start coming fwd, the need for one will come out very quickly.

the media marginalizes and labels anyone who looks at the evidence and drafts legistaltion for a second investgation.  but 67% of america wants an investigation now.  Give it 2 more years.

If Ron Paul were president, he would reopen an investigation with the right people.
I hate the State.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2007, 08:43:39 AM »
LOL..    So many times decker is called out for more info on his opinions and he comes thru in a huge way.

Dude has mad skills.....whats great is he doesnt even have to lie, cuz every week bush will do something even stupider than the previous week......constant new material... 8)
Thanks and I do agree with you.  It is almost axiomatic that anything done by the Bush administration in particular and the republican part in general is done to benefit a minority at the expense of the majority.

So naturally they have to manipulate, deny, mischaracterize and flat out lie.  It's been that way for Bush and company from the beginning:

His 2000 tax cuts, social security privatization, medicare reform, the Iraqi threat, the response to Katrina, and on and on.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2007, 08:50:03 AM »
I looked at several of the letters.  I doubt he read them.  They were addressed to him as governor.  I doubt governors and presidents personally read the vast majority of their mail. 

In any event, sounds like a pretty sinister plot. 
Bush used the corporate Enron jet 14 times.
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20020204/bivens20020124

And Bush aides used the Enron corporate jet to go to Florida to disrupt the 2000 recount.

Surely Bush remembers those things.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2007, 10:17:55 AM »

And Bush aides used the Enron corporate jet to go to Florida to disrupt the 2000 recount.

Surely you remember President Clinton "pimping" the Whitehouse for contributions? 

Point is, we can go on and on between the two. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2007, 10:48:48 AM »
Surely you remember President Clinton "pimping" the Whitehouse for contributions? 

Point is, we can go on and on between the two. 
yeah we could,

but I don't think Clinton shaped national energy policy to help out his friends.

Bush Fund-Raisers Among Overnight Guests in the Lincoln Bedroom
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0310-04.htm

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2007, 10:55:42 AM »
yeah we could,

but I don't think Clinton shaped national energy policy to help out his friends.

Bush Fund-Raisers Among Overnight Guests in the Lincoln Bedroom
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0310-04.htm

Wow.. common dreams??? are you ffing kidding?!?!  It says "for the progressive community" right at the top!

Nope, no bias or slant in THAT article!! ::)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2007, 11:09:18 AM »
Wow.. common dreams??? are you ffing kidding?!?!  It says "for the progressive community" right at the top!

Nope, no bias or slant in THAT article!! ::)
Well then that certainly excuses you from discussing the facts of the article.

How convenient for your political prejudice.

Bush Fund-Raisers Among Overnight Guests
March 10, 2004
By SHARON THEIMER, Associated Press Writer
http://service.govdelivery.com/docs/ORGOBER/ORGOBER_1/ORGOBER_1_20040318_033300_en.htm

Bush Donors Stay The Night
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/10/politics/main605028.shtml

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2007, 11:29:17 AM »

March 10, 2004
http://service.govdelivery.com/docs/ORGOBER/ORGOBER_1/ORGOBER_1_20040318_033300_en.htm

Well thanks for at least trying to put some legit news up there (although CBS might not be much better depending on who you ask).  Let me just say that sourcing from known leftist orgs won't help your case... as 240 found out from sourcing Alex Jones and a bunch of CT crap.

Nonetheless, I recall the Clintons allowing some very questionable Chinese to stay in the white house and no one crying about that.

Peoples personal hatred for Bush has shown them to be most hypocritical.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2007, 11:43:35 AM »
If Ron Paul were president, he would reopen an investigation with the right people.

Didn't he already discount this conspiracy crap? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2007, 11:45:06 AM »

And?  So what? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2007, 11:49:22 AM »

March 10, 2004

lol.  "DNC donors were allowed to spend the night in the Lincoln bedroom for a contribution of $150,000."  http://members.tripod.com/~GOPcapitalist/clinton-scandals.html#Lincoln

Good luck with this one.   :)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2007, 11:53:38 AM »
Well thanks for at least trying to put some legit news up there (although CBS might not be much better depending on who you ask).  Let me just say that sourcing from known leftist orgs won't help your case... as 240 found out from sourcing Alex Jones and a bunch of CT crap.

Nonetheless, I recall the Clintons allowing some very questionable Chinese to stay in the white house and no one crying about that.

Peoples personal hatred for Bush has shown them to be most hypocritical.
I see what you mean.

I am the same way with the anything posted from The Heritage Foundation.  I argue the facts anyways but I have no use for that think-tank.  My cousin is a scholar there b/c think tanks of that sort are big business.

There are perqs that come with being president.  One of them is using the whitehouse to entertain friends and associates.  I don't see the scandal.  Even back when Clinton or Bush did it.  

Bringing up another's personal blinding hatred for any politician isn't a really good argument or defense.  It's impossible to demonstrate.

People could have hated Clinton b/c of NAFTA or the Lewinsky disgrace.  But those are objects to point at that instantiate ill feelings or hatred for the man.  Those points can be discussed.

The 'blind hatred' argument cuts off debate immediately.