Author Topic: Media Coverage  (Read 4048 times)

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
Re: Media Coverage
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2007, 06:43:36 PM »
I will visit the link though ...

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2007, 06:51:40 PM »
CNN does reflect the improving situation in Iraq, but there are still people dying

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/interactive/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2007, 06:57:47 PM »
what is BIGGER news...

a group of people DYING, or some damn road getting built or some amusement park opening?

I mean yes, the news is going to be about the bigger, more important things.  If you think for a minute that some shitty building getting put up is more important than a human life, well, you suck.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2007, 09:44:23 PM »
If it's a war it's negative - you can put a positive spin on it but then that is what it is - war is not a good thing.

That's one way to view it, though that really is a pessimistic view.  War is a necessary evil, but there are always great stories that come out of every war.  Heroism.  Compassion.  It really isn't all bad news.  My daughter's teacher has a son in Iraq.  He said his son has told him more than once how the son is approached by Iraqis on the street all the time who thank him and our soldiers for being there.  I've heard that from other soldiers who have been on the ground too.   

And think about this:  we have soldiers and their family members who read the news too.