Author Topic: Replica of Noah's Ark in Netherlands Opens Doors to Visitors  (Read 3230 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Replica of Noah's Ark in Netherlands Opens Doors to Visitors
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 09:30:42 AM »
Very cool and a very interesting subject.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 09:52:41 AM »
This is fascinating stuff.  Would love to see this in person.

http://www.arkvannoach.com/language/en/themakingof.htm

This ark is huge and it is said to be half the size of the original; the builder plans to build a full scale model later as $$ permits.

The Ark. The pyramids. Stonehenge.  How the hell did they build that stuff in the ancient world with no modern equipment or technolgy?!?!  It boggles the mind.  :o

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 03:42:41 PM »
This is fascinating stuff.  Would love to see this in person.

http://www.arkvannoach.com/language/en/themakingof.htm

This ark is huge and it is said to be half the size of the original; the builder plans to build a full scale model later as $$ permits.

The Ark. The pyramids. Stonehenge.  How the hell did they build that stuff in the ancient world with no modern equipment or technolgy?!?!  It boggles the mind.  :o

He doesn't have the dimensions right. The original Ark was 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high. If you use a standardized cubit of 18 inches (1.5 feet), that makes the Ark 450 ft x 75 ft x 45 ft, respectively.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 12:45:37 PM »
He doesn't have the dimensions right. The original Ark was 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high. If you use a standardized cubit of 18 inches (1.5 feet), that makes the Ark 450 ft x 75 ft x 45 ft, respectively.

hahaha

No,no,no, I borrowed the Ark from Noah so i could pick up and really impress this chick  with my new ride and it looks nothing like that, believe me.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 06:25:35 PM »

hahaha

No,no,no, I borrowed the Ark from Noah so i could pick up and really impress this chick  with my new ride and it looks nothing like that, believe me.

He's dead serious about that....
I hate the State.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 07:17:42 PM »
If anyone is an engineer, they would tell you with the dimensions that the ark was, and with the primitive tools at the time of disposal, the ark would have fallen apart and sank once you added the other several tons to it. I'm sure Noah had all the "repair" items too for leaks and pumping out water that gathered. And of course there was a great way to flush out the shit that accumulated. Do people really think this is a real story?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 10:48:47 PM »
If anyone is an engineer, they would tell you with the dimensions that the ark was, and with the primitive tools at the time of disposal, the ark would have fallen apart and sank once you added the other several tons to it. I'm sure Noah had all the "repair" items too for leaks and pumping out water that gathered. And of course there was a great way to flush out the shit that accumulated. Do people really think this is a real story?
Yes.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 10:52:15 PM »
I think its just a matter of time before someone tries to replicate the ark with the proper dimesions and exact size.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 10:04:26 AM »

They do; really.  ::)
I hate the State.