Author Topic: Gym pet peeves  (Read 7936 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Gym pet peeves
« on: December 21, 2007, 10:32:25 AM »
in no discernable order:

1.  While using the mirror as a reference point, the Jackass who comes in front of you to lift.

2.  Fat dudes in muscle shirts lifting heavy, sloppy reps, acting like they are the man.

3.  Use of winter snow hats while lifting.

4.  1/8 inche ROM on calf exercises.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Gym pet peeves
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 10:51:08 AM »
The guy who walks in with "security" written on his jacket ( I assume he is a secuirty guard) and proceeds to take off his jacket where he is wearing a tank top and revealing his fat, disgusting body and belly. Dude, must have over 40% bodyfat or something!
X

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 10:56:14 AM »
yeah, or the mildly built kid with a tshirt reading   "staff", "security" or some other label.

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 11:02:43 AM »
The guy who walks in with "security" written on his jacket ( I assume he is a secuirty guard) and proceeds to take off his jacket where he is wearing a tank top and revealing his fat, disgusting body and belly. Dude, must have over 40% bodyfat or something!

LOL there was one like that last night at the gym, had " Al's Debt Recovery" written on the back!!
WHat a bad ass!  ::)

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »

1.  While using the mirror as a reference point, the Jackass who comes in front of you to lift.

For which exercise you need to use the mirror "as a reference point"? I always found those people funny, who need a mirror for every exercise to "check their technique", while they are actually using a bad form and they just use that one minute set for posing their massive 12" pipes.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 11:10:13 AM »
Shadow boxers/rope jumpers.....I could kill them all  >:( They take up space and are a general nuessance in any bbdg gym. They need to realize that their in the worng fucking gym.

Maxt

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 11:11:47 AM »
People who are concerned with status and people who judge others while they are in training. People with no fitness goals and no incentive to attain them.
Bethesda, Maryland

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 11:14:51 AM »
Dudes who are attached to their cellphone.

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »
People who read book while doing leg extensions, seen that.

Worst that i've seen, is this guy who won't use any rubbercoated plates (because in his opinion some of them has lost some rubber and they don't weight the same), so he just uses 4.5lbs and 2.3lbs plates, even when he's benching, squatting and deadlifting. The same guy also uses lifting straps while doing bench press :-\

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 11:23:28 AM »
 People using bad form when doing dumbell biceps curls.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 11:24:28 AM »
People who are concerned with status and people who judge others while they are in training. People with no fitness goals and no incentive to attain them.
Calm down tiger, its the gym not a marriage.
L

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 11:25:32 AM »
1 People walking in front me while I am training in front of the mirrors

Why is this? Because you can't see your massive arms working? ::)  Or is it just that you're not that familiar with all the exercises yet, so you still need the mirror to check your technique?

DAMY

• Getbig III
  • I shit myself, therefore I am.
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 11:25:59 AM »
Been a bist hasty with the mirror stuff mate. i been more sucessfull than most bodybuilders but i still need the mirror to do me shoulders properly. helps with balance everyone knows taht. One or two guys insist on doing without but thats just macho crap like those idiots who inject through their jeans or something.

Plus i wouldnt dream of doing free squats without a mirror close up. even with a smith machine squattings still a bit better with a mrror to use.

Agree about boxers skipping and martial arts blokes doing all their kata stuff. right in the free weights area aint `the place for it at best its annoying and worst its dangerous find a corner i say. It pisses me off in me own gym but i gotta be careful how i deal with people cos im well known and theres always someone looking to judge eh.

It is funny watching weedy or fat blokes dressin up like a pro for their shiutty little workouts but i supoose its how it makes them feel inside that matters really. even funnier is the guys with their half reps curls ect and the ones who use the full calf stack but can hardly budge the fucker. clowns. youd think after a year with now growth theyd realise something was up eh!

Damy

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 11:26:31 AM »
For which exercise you need to use the mirror "as a reference point"? I always found those people funny, who need a mirror for every exercise to "check their technique", while they are actually using a bad form and they just use that one minute set for posing their massive 12" pipes.

uh huh... ::)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 11:27:52 AM »
Why is this? Because you can't see your massive arms working? ::)  Or is it just that you're not that familiar with all the exercises yet, so you still need the mirror to check your technique?
So you can see your form. Nothing wrong with that. The idiots should be walking around the person training in front of the mirror.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 11:28:11 AM »
Wow alot of serious gym rats in this thread....imagine if all of you 'peevers' went to the same gym, it would be a battle royal  ::)  
L

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 11:28:26 AM »
only the 6,849th time this has been done.  ;D

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 11:28:33 AM »
things i use the mirror for:

squats, shoulder presses, side delts, and checking for food particles in my teeth..

don't give me the shit about mirrors aren't useful

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 11:30:51 AM »
only the 6,849th time this has been done.  ;D
I wonder when the next "What is your best bodypart" thread going to start
L

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
Old blue hairs who stink up the gym with their 1920 perfume!

Close second is fat chicks in spandex.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 11:32:27 AM »
I wonder when the next "What is your best bodypart" thread going to start

Gaejonna=troll

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 11:34:04 AM »
Old blue hairs who stink up the gym with their 1920 perfume!

Close second is fat chicks in spandex.

excellent on the old blue hairs!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 11:34:53 AM »
Those who use the Smith Machines for their entire chest workout.  A whole 2 exercises    ::)  He did about 20 sets of 5-12 reps (adding weight, removing weight) of flat bench presses and incline presses.  He was on it for over 50 minutes...stopping inbetween sets to record what he was doing.  I wanted to choke him   >:(
:D Weee

DAMY

• Getbig III
  • I shit myself, therefore I am.
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 11:35:59 AM »
Some people go byond stupid and get`dangerous. Ever been doing leg extensions and some arsehole walks by six inches from your knees so ypou got to stop sudden in the middle of a rep.

Damy

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 11:38:02 AM »
good call FINN on my massive 12 inchers:

Please show me in which post did i say you have 12" pipes? That's right, i didn't. Seems like you're very sensitive about your arms :-\

And to "Playboy", often it's not possible to "walk around the guy using the mirror". For example, at the gym i go to, theres a dumbbell rack in front of the mirror, then smith machine behind that etc. So basically if some guy is doing incline smith and using a mirror, i couldn't care less about going in front of him and pick a pair of dumbbells. If i would, i would found myself spending an extra half an hour just waiting when everyone has finished their sets so that i would dare to walk in front of them.