Author Topic: MisterMagoo attempts the 225 deadlift rep-out challenge: FAIL  (Read 8658 times)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Re: MisterMagoo attempts the 225 deadlift rep-out challenge: FAIL
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2007, 05:02:12 PM »
Good job, MisterMaggot. I also liked the Blasphemy Challenge video.

Join us for some fun on the religion board if you like!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2007, 05:02:24 PM »
it would have to be a good 30-40 second pause each time like i said before.

If I recall there isn't a time limit, correct?
Here comes the money shot

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2007, 05:02:52 PM »
BTW Magoo, awesome job on the challenge.  And sorry to hear about your heart problems, but glad to hear you came out of it ok. 8)

thanks man. all's good now, far as i can tell, i'm just taking it a little easy.

i'm kinda tempted to turn this into a "225 rep three lift challenge". i hit 20 on the bench on wednesday, add in the 30 i got on the pull and i'm sure i could hit 20 or so squatting and i'd be... partway to the original 112.  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »
last monday i was at the gym getting ready to deadlift, my heart rate jacked up from normal to around 180bpm. then my hands went all tingly and i collapsed. was in the ER for a few hours, they said it was just a normal heart palpitation. ::)

so i just went back to my normal schedule, then on thursday after i got home from the gym it happened again, sort of. my heart rate went up again, then my hands and face seized up, i felt like i was getting electrocuted. back at the ER, turns out it's an adrenaline/seratonin/dopamine thing, making me have some pretty severe panic attacks. now i'm on lexapro. fun stuff.  :P

so i'm still a little leary of really going nuts in the gym, maybe in a few weeks i'll be back at 100% but i'm kinda playing it by ear now.
If lexapro is a ssri class drug, say goodbye to any intensity in the gym. Or in normal life, for that matter.  :-\ 

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2007, 05:04:33 PM »
If I recall there isn't a time limit, correct?
no but one of the stipulations is that you have to keep your hands on the bar and that would mean you'd have to either pause at the top holding the bar or the bottom while squatting down.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2007, 05:05:27 PM »
If lexapro is a ssri class drug, say goodbye to any intensity in the gym. Or in normal life, for that matter.  :-\ 
why do serotonin re uptake inhibitors cause a lack of drive Doc?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2007, 05:07:40 PM »
no but one of the stipulations is that you have to keep your hands on the bar and that would mean you'd have to either pause at the top holding the bar or the bottom while squatting down.

one rule was that your hands had to stay on the bar, but your feet don't have to stay flat. i think next time i'll just put the bar on the floor and then just lay down on my stomach.  ;D

chimps, i asked the doc about it. he said it wouldn't kill my intensity, but that it'd up my energy. on the other hand i should be able to stop it if things go really south. plus i'm still taking the white flood on half dosage, so that's helping.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2007, 05:09:14 PM »

alcohol makes me feel better

http://www.lexapro.com/about_lexapro/what_is.aspx
Here comes the money shot

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2007, 05:10:35 PM »
why do serotonin re uptake inhibitors cause a lack of drive Doc?
Hmmm. It's more that they trim off the excesses of highs and lows, leaving a smooth almost stoned feeling. I tried paxil a few years back and I walked around for a couple of months not giving a shit about anything. No highs, no lows, everythng was mellow -ie. no life. Also, has a nasty side-effect like the other ssri's - erections are no problem, but completion can be. End of my paxil trip.  :P

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2007, 05:10:45 PM »
i hit 515 about a month and a half ago, but for some reason lately 495 has been giving me problems. i think i've been neglecting my lower back, if my shitty good morning numbers are anything to go by.

i'm telling you, your muscles will be fine, but it's like trying to run laps while holding a keg, it's not that heavy, you just get worn down.

MisterMagoo,

Great work!!!

It is more endurance being the problem than muscles - I'm not even sure if I could do 113 reps with the empty bar.

The next deadlifting clip I will post is 405 for reps.  We'll see what I can do, but I think it will be quite respectable.  :)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Master Blaster

« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2007, 05:17:40 PM »

I think if people would just slow down a little they could pull off more. I'm weak as a kitten, and I'm sure I could bang out 20 no problem. I would say bang out 4 then catch 10 breaths, etc. etc. As long as your straps are fitting good, I think you'd get more done that way. Make sure to get a good bounce at the bottom.  ;D

Is the requirement strait or bent leg? I like a sloppy "semi bent leg" stance when I deadlift.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2007, 05:18:16 PM »
Hmmm. It's more that they trim off the excesses of highs and lows, leaving a smooth almost stoned feeling. I tried paxil a few years back and I walked around for a couple of months not giving a shit about anything. No highs, no lows, everythng was mellow -ie. no life. Also, has a nasty side-effect like the other ssri's - erections are no problem, but completion can be. End of my paxil trip.  :P
you're telling me

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2007, 05:30:28 PM »
I think if people would just slow down a little they could pull off more. I'm weak as a kitten, and I'm sure I could bang out 20 no problem. I would say bang out 4 then catch 10 breaths, etc. etc. As long as your straps are fitting good, I think you'd get more done that way. Make sure to get a good bounce at the bottom.  ;D

Is the requirement strait or bent leg? I like a sloppy "semi bent leg" stance when I deadlift.

i'm tellin' you man, once you get up above 15 everything changes. i'm not saying you wouldn't hit 20, just that "no problem" is gonna surprise you if you give it a go.

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2007, 05:33:49 PM »
Good job Magoo

So you're winning - what's the prize?

I wonder how many could Chris Mason do?

So Adonis is still the champ  ::)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2007, 05:34:59 PM »
if mason tries it i'm jolly well fucked. the dude's done 495x10 stiff legs standing on a plate. throw some straps and a belt on him and he could probably hit 40 before his first stop to catch his wind. i'd have to try for another marathon just for 2nd.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2007, 05:42:09 PM »
Zach,good job.........those looked easy.

Cardio.....do some!!!

Good luck with the Lexipro.........did it make you nauseous at first?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2007, 05:44:15 PM »
4 cock..by the way good job.

First off, I commented on YouTube on one of Zach's George Bush clips.

I don't think MisterMagoo, colourfully referred to as "MisterMANgoo" is actually bisexual.  I think when all the nude pictures of Tom Prince came up on mayhem and they were calling Tom bi, Zach just claimed to be bi to lend his board credibility to the concept of being bi to save face for Tom.

Spread this around:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5547481422995115331
Bodybuilding Pro.com

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2007, 05:48:30 PM »
First off, I commented on YouTube on one of Zach's George Bush clips.

I don't think MisterMagoo, colourfully referred to as "MisterMANgoo" is actually bisexual.  I think when all the nude pictures of Tom Prince came up on mayhem and they were calling Tom bi, Zach just claimed to be bi to lend his board credibility to the concept of being bi to save face for Tom.

Makes all the sense in the world.
E

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2007, 05:49:17 PM »
Couldn't do more than 10 or 12 with 225.
Props to those with superpower.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2007, 06:16:30 PM »
pretty much the same as what you take i think.it pretty much keeps me from killing someone or myself :D

i remember when my doc prescribed me paxil, i used it for 14 days, id didnt do shit for me, besides not able to cum. i remember fucking this bitch rel hard for 1 hour, couldnt do it. after that i told my doc, he put me on remeron, and it worked like a charm, also no problem cumming.

Master Blaster

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2007, 06:27:10 PM »
i'm tellin' you man, once you get up above 15 everything changes. i'm not saying you wouldn't hit 20, just that "no problem" is gonna surprise you if you give it a go.

Hahahah, maybe I spoke too soon. I've definitely hit 15 reps with more weight, but I've very rarely done twenty reps on deads.

Hope you feel better, freak.  8)

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2007, 06:41:22 PM »

i remember when my doc prescribed me paxil, i used it for 14 days, id didnt do shit for me, besides not able to cum. i remember fucking this bitch rel hard for 1 hour, couldnt do it. after that i told my doc, he put me on remeron, and it worked like a charm, also no problem cumming.
yeah well same thing happen with me at first. I was on 40 mgs and it wasn't really a bad thing until i did a shit load of coke then it was very frustrating.........now i don't do blow anymore or that often and am only on 27mgs of paxil, so everything is great :D

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2007, 07:14:36 PM »
yeah well same thing happen with me at first. I was on 40 mgs and it wasn't really a bad thing until i did a shit load of coke then it was very frustrating.........now i don't do blow anymore or that often and am only on 27mgs of paxil, so everything is great :D

you still got good response to paxil?

It is common for Ad to work very wel in the beginning, but after some time you get used to it and the benefits become smaller. Im in a dilemma with my Remeron, it is advised to take it in the evening, cause the pil literally puts you asleep, you cant do shit, but lately trough the day, the depression gets even worse, so i try to change it and take just half the pill in the morning, it does make me tired, even coffee doesnt help. What ive noticed, is that when i started using omega fish tabs, it gives the AD a turboboost, it actually makes your emdicine stronger in a good way. I wish there was a good energy booster out there that is not unhealthy, to risen the dopamine levels.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2007, 07:31:48 PM »
last monday i was at the gym getting ready to deadlift, my heart rate jacked up from normal to around 180bpm. then my hands went all tingly and i collapsed. was in the ER for a few hours, they said it was just a normal heart palpitation. ::)

so i just went back to my normal schedule, then on thursday after i got home from the gym it happened again, sort of. my heart rate went up again, then my hands and face seized up, i felt like i was getting electrocuted. back at the ER, turns out it's an adrenaline/seratonin/dopamine thing, making me have some pretty severe panic attacks. now i'm on lexapro. fun stuff.  :P

so i'm still a little leary of really going nuts in the gym, maybe in a few weeks i'll be back at 100% but i'm kinda playing it by ear now.

lexapro takes at least 6 weeks to kick in, did they give you benzos but regardless of that, can you tolerate the escitrolapram?

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2007, 07:52:07 PM »
Holy shit, am I the only guy on here not on meds? :P ;D