Author Topic: Labrada PROV 60 Protein Blend...  (Read 2501 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Labrada PROV 60 Protein Blend...
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2007, 06:07:47 PM »
cool...

i just think for those trying to lose weight it's better to do the higher meal thing (as well as for keeping the stomach tighter)

in the long run it's whatever works..

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2007, 06:15:09 PM »
i'm not talking about eating only once or twice a day but do you HONESTLY believe that it makes a difference if you eat 5 times a day or 8 if you're getting all your nutrients?

I think you are correct as far as the amount of nutrient thing. As long as you get enough you will make gains. Where I disagree is it does matter for keeping the metabolism going.I never bought into lugging around protein shakes or anything but I have at times in the past went for long periods of eating 5 or six times a day and could tell a difference in fat loss/ gain. What I mean is I just ate less before work, had a snack on my morning and afternoon breaks and then of course lunch and dinner. I work in a factory and whenever I eat a big lunch or breakfast I don't feel like doing anything...makes me want to sleep. smaller meals seems to prevent that.

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2007, 07:52:50 AM »
makes no difference, if you get all your nutrients in for the day it makes no difference if it's 4 or 8, guys just do the 8 meals bullshit to look hardcore and different.

don't be ridiculous

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2007, 07:54:56 AM »
don't be ridiculous
i'll tell you what, post a picture of yourself showing the results of your 8 meal a day diet and if i'm impressed i'll start tomorrow.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2007, 08:27:04 AM »
peroni...........peroni. ......you still here? ;D

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2007, 10:58:33 AM »
i'll tell you what, post a picture of yourself showing the results of your 8 meal a day diet and if i'm impressed i'll start tomorrow.

Start a diet on Christmas? How unholy of you Squad!!!  :(

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2007, 05:47:02 PM »
makes no difference, if you get all your nutrients in for the day it makes no difference if it's 4 or 8, guys just do the 8 meals bullshit to look hardcore and different.
you are quite ignorant...

there a big difference actually.

if two guys both consume 2400 calories per day for two months...and one gets his calories in the form of 6 meals all with 400 calories(with about 50g protein) each meal; the other guy gets his calories in the form of 8 meals of 300 calories(with about 37 g protein)...they both are getting totally equal quantities of calories and grams of protein...but the guy with 8 meals per day will be 1)leaner 2)more muscular 3)have a higher base metabolic rate.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2007, 05:48:26 PM »
you are quite ignorant...

there a big difference actually.

if two guys both consume 2400 calories per day for two months...and one gets his calories in the form of 6 meals all with 400 calories(with about 50g protein) each meal; the other guy gets his calories in the form of 8 meals of 300 calories(with about 37 g protein)...they both are getting totally equal quantities of calories and grams of protein...but the guy with 8 meals per day will be 1)leaner 2)more muscular 3)have a higher base metabolic rate.

prove it.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2007, 05:51:35 PM »
Lol at eating 8 times a day. What a bunch of dopes to sacrifice all that time force feeding. ;D
E

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2007, 05:54:41 PM »
prove it.
think about it dave..
your body can only utilize so many nutrients at one time. most people can only synthesize around 30..some maybe 40 gms or a little higher...but any more than that will not be used..and will be converted into glucose, which will probably be turned into fat. so eating 6 meals of 50 gms of protein doesnt really yeild 300 gms of daily protein intake...beause what matters is not how much you take in, but how muh your body uses. taking in 50 grams of protein several times a day will be no more beneficial than taking in 40 grams, or even 30 grams(exception is post workout)..because those extra 10 or 20 grams will not be synthesized and will go to waste..(most likely stored as fat).    the same is true for fats and carbs..you can only use so much at one time...loading up on a certain nutrient will do nothing but cause fat storage..it doesnt allow for a longer ga in between meals.       so the best thing you can do is give your body nutrients in amounts just as big as it can utilize as one time..which is quite a small amount actually.      

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2007, 05:57:25 PM »
think about it dave..
your body can only utilize so many nutrients at one time. most people can only synthesize around 30..some maybe 40 gms or a little higher...but any more than that will not be used..and will be converted into glucose, which will probably be turned into fat. so eating 6 meals of 50 gms of protein doesnt really yeild 300 gms of daily protein intake...beause what matters is not how much you take in, but how muh your body uses. taking in 50 grams of protein several times a day will be no more beneficial than taking in 40 grams, or even 30 grams(exception is post workout)..because those extra 10 or 20 grams will not be synthesized and will go to waste..(most likely stored as fat).    the same is true for fats and carbs..you can only use so much at one time...loading up on a certain nutrient will do nothing but cause fat storage..it doesnt allow for a longer ga in between meals.       so the best thing you can do is give your body nutrients in amounts just as big as it can utilize as one time..which is quite a small amount actually.      
tell that to Serge Nubret who ate one huge meal with hundreds of grams of protein at night, the multi meal bullshit is a scam that's been put out there by the protein powder companies to make money, plain and simple.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2007, 06:04:38 PM »
think about this...
we will just look at protein intake, the other nutrients really dont matter for the sake of this argument

guy number 1#

meal 1   75 g protein ingested, 40 gms protein utilized by muscles

meal 2   60 gm protein ingested, 40 gms protein utilized by muscles

meal 3    85 grams protein ingested, 65 gms utilized by muscle(post workout)

meal 4     75 grams protein ingested, 40 grms protein utilized by muscles

meal 5     86 grams protein ingested, 40 grams utilized by muscles

meal 6    100 grams protein ingested, 40 grams protein utilized by muscles

total protein ingested= 481 g protein.   total protein utilized by muscles= 265

guy #2

meal 1  40 g protein ingested, 40 g protein utilized by muscles

meal 2  40 g protein ingested, 40 g protein utilized by muscles

meal 3  65 g protein ingested, 65 g protein utilized by muscles(post workout)

meal 4  40 g protein ingested, 40 g protein utilized by muscles

meal 5  40 g protein ingested, 40 g protein utilized by muscles

meal 6  40 g protein ingested, 40 g protein utilized by muscles

meal 7  40 g protein ingested, 40 g protein utilized by muscles

meal 8  40 g protein ingested, 40 g protein utilized by muscles

total protein ingested= 345 g.   total protein utilized by muscles= 345 g.

guy #1 ate 481 g of protein...guy #2 ate only 345 g of protein, yet guy #2 utilized all 345 g's; while guy #1 utilized only 265 g's.

you can eat leass, but gain faster....space out your meals more!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2007, 06:20:58 PM »
tell that to Serge Nubret who ate one huge meal with hundreds of grams of protein at night, the multi meal bullshit is a scam that's been put out there by the protein powder companies to make money, plain and simple.

you are probably right...but smaller meals more frequently does seem to help me keep the belly in check...I don't know about the absorption rate of protein.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2007, 06:14:33 AM »
think about this...
we will just look at protein intake, the other nutrients really dont matter for the sake of this argument

guy number 1#

meal 1   75 g protein ingested, 40 gms protein utilized by muscles

meal 2   60 gm protein ingested, 40 gms protein utilized by muscles

meal 3    85 grams protein ingested, 65 gms utilized by muscle(post workout)

meal 4     75 grams protein ingested, 40 grms protein utilized by muscles

meal 5     86 grams protein ingested, 40 grams utilized by muscles

meal 6    100 grams protein ingested, 40 grams protein utilized by muscles

total protein ingested= 481 g protein.   total protein utilized by muscles= 265

guy #2

meal 1  40 g protein ingested, 40 g protein utilized by muscles

meal 2  40 g protein ingested, 40 g protein utilized by muscles

meal 3  65 g protein ingested, 65 g protein utilized by muscles(post workout)

meal 4  40 g protein ingested, 40 g protein utilized by muscles

meal 5  40 g protein ingested, 40 g protein utilized by muscles

meal 6  40 g protein ingested, 40 g protein utilized by muscles

meal 7  40 g protein ingested, 40 g protein utilized by muscles

meal 8  40 g protein ingested, 40 g protein utilized by muscles

total protein ingested= 345 g.   total protein utilized by muscles= 345 g.

guy #1 ate 481 g of protein...guy #2 ate only 345 g of protein, yet guy #2 utilized all 345 g's; while guy #1 utilized only 265 g's.

you can eat leass, but gain faster....space out your meals more!
hahahahahahaa, i love how you know EXACTLY how many grams of protein are utilized by the body as if there was any definite way to tell this, show me a study, ANY STUDY that shows exactly how many grams of protein are "utilized" by the body.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2007, 07:22:03 AM »
hahahahahahaa, i love how you know EXACTLY how many grams of protein are utilized by the body as if there was any definite way to tell this, show me a study, ANY STUDY that shows exactly how many grams of protein are "utilized" by the body.

He knows this because he is dating the daughter of a witchdoctor. He told him.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2007, 03:23:24 PM »

It has nothing to do with looking hardcore or different.  Personally, I'm a lean guy and don't have a stomach large enough to consume the amount of nutrients in one sitting or 3 large sittings so it makes sense to me because of my body makeup to eat 6 times throughout the day.  That way I don't feel stuffed and bloated from 3 large meals.

If you have the stomach to hold that much food in, then I definitely agree with you, there's no need to eat that many times through the day, I just can't take in that much food at once.

Also, the body adapts to absorption of nutrients the more you feed it.  So guys like Surge can consume that much food at once because his body has adapted to that eating regime.  Everyone's body is different so it's impossible to say exactly how much protien is absorbed in a single sitting, guy A's body may be more adpet at it and will be able to utilize large amounts of protein in one sitting while guy B can only absorb a small percentage due to his eating habits. 

The point is to experiment, do what works for you.  If eating one large meal in the day works for you, then go for it, if eating 8 meals a day works for you then so be it.  It's not a matter of "oh that's bullshit and nonesense" it's a matter of listening to your body and dialing in your eating habits based off its needs.