Author Topic: Labrada PROV 60 Protein Blend...  (Read 2502 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Labrada PROV 60 Protein Blend...
« on: December 22, 2007, 04:29:16 AM »
On my trip to the market where normally it is hit or miss what they have in terms of proteins, I managed to pick up two tubs of the PROV 60...5 different protein blends...looks nice. Anyone have any experience with Labrada products or specifically this one?
I hate the State.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
Re: Labrada PROV 60 Protein Blend...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 06:53:41 AM »
The only Labrada products I have tried are his protein bars.
That taste nice enough and he does have a rep for integrity in the supplement industry

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 07:18:53 AM »
On my trip to the market where normally it is hit or miss what they have in terms of proteins, I managed to pick up two tubs of the PROV 60...5 different protein blends...looks nice. Anyone have any experience with Labrada products or specifically this one?

Yes, his products are sound. Pro V 60 is great, I used it for a while

However, his prices have just went up again. I have friends that run stores and his prices are getting too high. Can only imagine what you paid for it over there bro...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 04:50:44 PM »
Yes, his products are sound. Pro V 60 is great, I used it for a while

However, his prices have just went up again. I have friends that run stores and his prices are getting too high. Can only imagine what you paid for it over there bro...

64 USD a tub...expensive, particularly since only 3.5 pounds are in there; on the other hand I have never had the opportunity to use a 5 way blend so I am excited.
I hate the State.

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 07:15:16 PM »
I've used it for years and 3-4 shakes daily in addition to 3-4 large meals daily. I like it very well. It tastes great and has done well by me

my recipe if you're interested:

5 ice cubes
1+ cup water
1 banana
1 big squirt barleans flax oil
1 handful frozen raspberries
1 scoop  carbs (carbo hit)
2 scoops labrada v 60 vanilla

I always get it through bodybuilding.com  It's by far the cheapest I've found with fast,  reliable service

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 08:09:59 PM »
you take in 3-4 shakes in addition to 3-4 solid meals per day? are you a pro bb'er? if not why on earth would you do that?

AZbodybuilder

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 08:49:19 PM »
you take in 3-4 shakes in addition to 3-4 solid meals per day? are you a pro bb'er? if not why on earth would you do that?
Thats not unusual, most bodybuilders do at least 6 meals a day, and he is doing up to 8, some do more frequent smaller meals to keep the gut in check.

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 09:25:27 AM »

I'm not a bb'er at all other than recreationally.  I have an ultra fast metabolism and this gives me the calories I need coupled with the nutrition I need in order to maintain my muscle mass and continue to be strong. To give you an idea of my metabolic rate, I'm 39 years old and have never done a lick of cardio. My stomach is flat as a board (no 6 pack showing) and my caloric intake is between 5-6k daily. The point is not how many calories I consume, but the source. I also train very hard 5 days per week for roughly 1 hour
day 1 chest: bench, inc bench, incl dumb flys, cable cross', pec deck... 3 sets per exercise, all sets to failure...you get the idea. When you train like that you need the extra caloric intake for energy and obviously the nutrients for the muscles to grow. Works for me.

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 09:28:05 AM »
I should also add that I tried their mass 60 product and it was equally good until they changed the formula. It visibly became grainy in texture and the sweetness was overbearing. I inquired with Labrada about it and they said it was a bad batch but a few months later I had the same results from a new, different batch so I simply stick with the pro v 60. Later a different person in their company that they had in fact changed the formula and that's the difference I was noticing

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 01:23:43 PM »

Eating that many meals in a day allows for much easier intake of a high caloric diet needed for bodybuilding, pro or recreational.  If you are trying to put in 5,000 calories a day it's much easier to do it over 8 meals than stuff your face for 3.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 01:26:20 PM »
Eating that many meals in a day allows for much easier intake of a high caloric diet needed for bodybuilding, pro or recreational.  If you are trying to put in 5,000 calories a day it's much easier to do it over 8 meals than stuff your face for 3.
yuuupppp

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 02:04:55 PM »
64 USD a tub...expensive, particularly since only 3.5 pounds are in there; on the other hand I have never had the opportunity to use a 5 way blend so I am excited.

There are plenty of protein blends, you won't notice much.

The price of whey has gone up dramatically lately, its not just him doing it. Some products have more than doubled in price.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 04:13:38 PM »
i've used pro v-60 a # of times. i like it!  :)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 05:11:38 PM »
::) i'll gaurantee you that no pro besides Cutler does that.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 05:25:31 PM »
::) i'll gaurantee you that no pro besides Cutler does that.

The question we all want to know the answer to SF, is do you believe it works?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 05:26:47 PM »
The question we all want to know the answer to SF, is do you believe it works?
maybe if you consider "working" painting your toilet bowl brown, spending half the day in the bathroom and smelling like a walking fart all day.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 05:30:52 PM »
maybe if you consider "working" painting your toilet bowl brown, spending half the day in the bathroom and smelling like a walking fart all day.

Maybe you've mistaken the question I was asking. Do you SF believe that 8 meals ala Cutler is more efficient then 6?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 05:34:48 PM »
Maybe you've mistaken the question I was asking. Do you SF believe that 8 meals ala Cutler is more efficient then 6?
makes no difference, if you get all your nutrients in for the day it makes no difference if it's 4 or 8, guys just do the 8 meals bullshit to look hardcore and different.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 05:41:51 PM »
makes no difference, if you get all your nutrients in for the day it makes no difference if it's 4 or 8, guys just do the 8 meals bullshit to look hardcore and different.

what?!?!  Makes no difference???   More meals spread out bumps metabolism and provides less of a chance of fat accumulation than a few large meals (bc they are smaller and more managable).  At least thats what i though...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 05:45:30 PM »

what?!?!  Makes no difference???   More meals spread out bumps metabolism and provides less of a chance of fat accumulation than a few large meals (bc they are smaller and more managable).  At least thats what i though...
::)bullshit that's been put out there by the magazines and supplement companies to get you to buy more protein products and by the sounds of this thread it's working.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 05:52:54 PM »
i can't tell whether youre being serious or dicking around....

definitely more meals is advantageous.  you know that, right?   tell me your just screwing about

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2007, 05:56:35 PM »

SF can you go back into DA's G.A.Y. thread and call him out some more i'm waiting for him to think up his comeback  ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2007, 05:58:48 PM »
i can't tell whether youre being serious or dicking around....

definitely more meals is advantageous.  you know that, right?   tell me your just screwing about
i'm not talking about eating only once or twice a day but do you HONESTLY believe that it makes a difference if you eat 5 times a day or 8 if you're getting all your nutrients?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 06:02:24 PM »
well i thnk 8 is too many just bc your constantly eating something....but i stick w 6...

you originally said 4 or 8 it doesn't matter.   how many do you eat a day then, 4?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2007, 06:04:25 PM »
well i thnk 8 is too many just bc your constantly eating something....but i stick w 6...

you originally said 4 or 8 it doesn't matter.   how many do you eat a day then, 4?
5 on workout days, 4 on rest days and i still get in the high 200's and some days 300 grams of protein and a good amount of carbs.