Author Topic: Please Let Me know your interest my doing interview with Katz on Get Big  (Read 13335 times)

Moosejay

Re: Please Let Me know your interest my doing interview with Katz on Get Big
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2007, 01:27:01 PM »
How about you get us an interview with arnold, he's a tru winner.

Yeah...you ain't kidding there!

Mike

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2007, 01:38:44 PM »
Wrong on several accounts. I was there during the summer of 1979. The gym in Hamden was called "World Gym East" and was in no way affiliated with World Gym. It was originally owned by Mike Katz, Jerry Mastrangello and Ken Passeriello. In the late 1980's Mike Katz and Jerry Mastrangelo were forced to change the name of the gym by the owners of World Gym. It became known as "Mike Katz Fitness World" but only briefly. Membership started to dwindle. In the early 1990's Katz franchised from World Gym in his Branford, CT and Hamden, CT locations. They also briefly had a gym in Farmington, CT. They are now really lousy Planet Fitness franchises. The gym in Hamden was really hardcore back in the day. Any day you could see guys benching 500 pounds for reps. All the top WWF guys of the late 70's to the mid 80's were always there. Today things are run Mike Katz Jr. who is a good guy.

So bmacsys you are from CT?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2007, 03:30:27 PM »
I'M A BIG FAN OF MIKE KATZ. I ADMIRED HIS PHYSIQUE , HIS MINDSET , ATTITUDE AND DEDICATION. WHENEVER I FEEL SHITTY I WATCH HIS SEGMENT FROM PUMPING IRON FOR MOTIVATIONAL PURPOSES.
      I ALSO ADMIRE MIKE FOR SUCCEEDING AS A WORLD CLASS ATHLETE IN 2 VERY DIFFICULT SPORTS. I WANT TO KNOW MORE DETAILES ABOUT HIS LIFE, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND HOW HE MADE THE TRANSITION FROM FOOTBALL ( IN WHICH HE PIONEERED THE USE OF WEIGHTS) TO BB. I'M ALSO INTERESTED IN WHAT HE USED, CYCLES, PRODUCTS , SPECIFICS, DIET.

Moosejay

« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2007, 06:43:48 PM »
I'M A BIG FAN OF MIKE KATZ. I ADMIRED HIS PHYSIQUE , HIS MINDSET , ATTITUDE AND DEDICATION. WHENEVER I FEEL SHITTY I WATCH HIS SEGMENT FROM PUMPING IRON FOR MOTIVATIONAL PURPOSES.
      I ALSO ADMIRE MIKE FOR SUCCEEDING AS A WORLD CLASS ATHLETE IN 2 VERY DIFFICULT SPORTS. I WANT TO KNOW MORE DETAILES ABOUT HIS LIFE, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND HOW HE MADE THE TRANSITION FROM FOOTBALL ( IN WHICH HE PIONEERED THE USE OF WEIGHTS) TO BB. I'M ALSO INTERESTED IN WHAT HE USED, CYCLES, PRODUCTS , SPECIFICS, DIET.

Hi Sevastase (congrats on your engagement...she is beautiful).

Thanks so much. Finally someone is serious about learning some interesting facts about Mike (VG on asking about the transition from Fbalkl to bb...I will add that to my questions).

I also watch his segment from PI. It is a lift when I am feeling down.

Mike

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2007, 06:55:15 PM »
Ask him why he needs the attention all of a sudden. What's he selling?
lol

Moosejay

« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2007, 07:02:56 PM »
lol

He simply enjoys truly helping others...believe it or not. He certainly is not in need of money.

Mike

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2007, 07:12:55 PM »

EPIC guy

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2007, 07:20:16 PM »

"world class in 2 sports". news to me...

"HOW HE MADE THE TRANSITION FROM FOOTBALL ( IN WHICH HE PIONEERED THE USE OF WEIGHTS)" katz pioneered the use of weights in football? i'm just wondering, sevastase, were you born this stupid or did you have to take lessons?

Moosejay

« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2007, 09:50:29 PM »

"HOW HE MADE THE TRANSITION FROM FOOTBALL ( IN WHICH HE PIONEERED THE USE OF WEIGHTS)" katz pioneered the use of weights in football? i'm just wondering, sevastase, were you born this stupid or did you have to take lessons?

Agreed.

Mike was among a relatively small number of other footballers to extensively use weights in their training for football. Mike was inordinately fast for his size compared to even running backs, however.

Mike

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2007, 04:22:16 AM »

yes retard world class....did u know that with a little bit of Uick you would have remembered Mike Katz along with the other famous JET ...qb..what's his name ?...oh yes  JOE NAMATH!..DID U KNOW HE BARELY MISSED THE SUPERBOWL THAT YEAR ?....DO U KNOW WHY ?...DID U SEE MIKE AS ONE OF THE TOP BB IN THE WORLD IN MID 70'S ?

NOW ..CAN U SEE WHY HE WAS WORLD CLASS IN 2 SPORTS ?...And another thing moron...my question to moosejay was SPECIFIC . why ?  Because I also made hte transition from playing professional tenis to bodybuilding. Moron. Never adress me again if not using sir : you armchair QB. >:(

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2007, 04:53:54 AM »
I want to know why he didn't slap the ugly off that red headed step child's face for stealing his shirt ?

If I have the wrong guy then forget it. :)

Moosejay

« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2007, 05:50:27 AM »
yes retard world class....did u know that with a little bit of Uick you would have remembered Mike Katz along with the other famous JET ...qb..what's his name ?...oh yes  JOE NAMATH!..DID U KNOW HE BARELY MISSED THE SUPERBOWL THAT YEAR ?....DO U KNOW WHY ?...DID U SEE MIKE AS ONE OF THE TOP BB IN THE WORLD IN MID 70'S ?

NOW ..CAN U SEE WHY HE WAS WORLD CLASS IN 2 SPORTS ?...And another thing moron...my question to moosejay was SPECIFIC . why ?  Because I also made hte transition from playing professional tenis to bodybuilding. Moron. Never adress me again if not using sir : you armchair QB. >:(

Mike is good friends with Namath to this day. He did not play on the SB team...but did barely miss getting a ring that year dt Knee surgery.

He wasn't the greatest Fballer in those years...signed as a free agent. But impressed enough to stay on several years...and got anough money to "Buy my house" as he says.

But, just to play in the NFL, you have to be among the elite, as well as with BB.

Mike

Moosejay

« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2007, 05:54:09 AM »
I want to know why he didn't slap the ugly off that red headed step child's face for stealing his shirt ?

If I have the wrong guy then forget it. :)

He always considered Ken Waller a friend. He dosen't like to talk too much about the t-shirt event(it was staged, edited and pieced together as though it happened as a nefarious Waller plan).

However, anyone I have ever spoken to who was around then (a few guys, anyway) have universally said Waller was not a nice guy regardless of what he may have done to Katz.

And I personally think he would have beaten up Waller.

Do remember that Waller was a strong bb, and also, ironically, played pro football in the Canadian league. Also played D-1 fb, some midwest university-name escapes me now.

Mike

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2007, 07:06:03 AM »

get an interpreter and a bib and a warm glass of stfu moron.

'pro tennis'? you can't even spell tennis and wtf are you talking about? you made the transition from playing with yourself to playing with old men pencil neck. transition my ass... ;D considering that you're not even natural, you've got the shittiest genetics for bbing i've ever seen.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2007, 07:18:33 AM »
get an interpreter and a bib and a warm glass of stfu moron.

'pro tennis'? you can't even spell tennis and wtf are you talking about? you made the transition from playing with yourself to playing with old men pencil neck. transition my ass... ;D considering that you're not even natural, you've got the shittiest genetics for bbing i've ever seen.
here u go cockbreath...never open your trap again dumbass
http://www.atpstats.info/en/players/pers-res.php?idp=13002 ....

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2007, 08:25:15 AM »
here u go cockbreath...never open your trap again dumbass
http://www.atpstats.info/en/players/pers-res.php?idp=13002 ....

why would i need to open that sementaster?

i already know that you haven't made a transition to anything but your top bear's nutsack.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2007, 08:30:05 AM »
why would i need to open that sementaster?

i already know that you haven't made a transition to anything but your top bear's nutsack.
epic having solid proof and still attempting to talk shit and sound smart even though aware of the universal owning just swallowed  :D

Moosejay

« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2007, 09:38:18 AM »
epic having solid proof and still attempting to talk shit and sound smart even though aware of the universal owning just swallowed  :D

I think both you fellows have many postive things to add and lots of information to share.

Mike

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2007, 12:06:52 PM »

what was Katz football stats? Next time i hit up the football hall of fame, i'll have to check this Kat out..

Moosejay

« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2007, 12:15:47 PM »
I will attempt to get his fb stats. He was a high school and college all american.

He was not, however, enshrined in any Hall of Fame, save for the one at Southern CT State University.

Mike 

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2007, 12:28:36 PM »
oh i guess i got confused by the words "world class"...My mistake..

Moosejay

« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2007, 12:39:34 PM »
oh i guess i got confused by the words "world class"...My mistake..

I don't follow you.

Mike

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2007, 01:42:39 PM »
Sevastase said katz was a world class athlete...I just assumed that world class was the top of the top...

Just a mix up on terminology...I guess some say that college Div 1 is world class...I don't...I also don't think scabs who crossed the P/line are what most would call world class...But that is probably just me...I know some do...

So when it was stated that katz was a world class athelete...I just assumed it meant he was a pro star athlete..

Again i just took world class as the best of the best...My mistake

Moosejay

« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2007, 01:51:56 PM »
Sevastase said katz was a world class athlete...I just assumed that world class was the top of the top...

Just a mix up on terminology...I guess some say that college Div 1 is world class...I don't...I also don't think scabs who crossed the P/line are what most would call world class...But that is probably just me...I know some do...

So when it was stated that katz was a world class athelete...I just assumed it meant he was a pro star athlete..

Understood. All good, bro.

Mike

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2007, 02:01:22 AM »

on the internet everyone is world class Spoony Luv, even sevastase... :D

i don't think sevastase intended anything more than to allow an introduction of his own lunch box prowess into the thread by comparing himself to katz

did you know that sevastase was a world class pro tennis player before he made the transition to being a world class pro bodybuilder Spoony Luv?... ::)