Author Topic: Ron Paul being coy with Tim Russert  (Read 1585 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Ron Paul being coy with Tim Russert
« on: December 23, 2007, 01:55:51 PM »
WASHINGTON (CNN) – Texas Rep. Ron Paul refused to rule out a third party bid Sunday if he fails to win the Republican Party presidential nomination.

When Tim Russert of NBC’s 'Meet the Press' asked the Texas congressman if he’d consider an independent bid, he replied: "I have no intention of doing that."

When pressed by Russert to state unequivocally that he would not, Paul demurred. "I deserve one weasel now and then, Tim!"

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/12/23/gop-contender-will-not-rule-out-third-party-run/

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: Ron Paul being coy with Tim Russert
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 02:40:33 PM »
RP on MTP

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 03:49:50 PM »
Tough interviewer; Ron Paul did pretty well though.
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 04:47:14 PM »
Paul is... eh... I dunno.  Just not high on the guy, despite his good points.  He just didn't have CLEAR answers on the major changes he'd do.  You want to end certain agencies, you'd damn well better have a huge plan available to tell us what solutions you have to every problem that will emerge.   He wants to restructure FBI and end CIA.  You just cannot do that.  You can't.  These groups, although shady, are the reasons we're the only superpower remaining.  The CIA gets its hands dirty, sure, but it allows us to bully other nations into favorable deals, bases, etc.

Paul's comments on ending foreign aid to both Isr and Arab states (Arab states get about 3 times as much $ as Isr gets from us) were beyond huge.  He mkes a good point - why are we borrowing in the trillions to give it away to BOTH sides over there, you know?  Can anyone here tell us why we should borrow $9T and send a big chunk of it to Isr and Saudi states to fight each other? lol

Russert has been brutal on every candidate that has come on his show.

Next week it's Obama and Huck on Meet the Press.  I betcha Hilary and Rudy are pretty pissed they didn't get that slot.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 04:54:15 PM »
Paul is... eh... I dunno.  Just not high on the guy, despite his good points.  He just didn't have CLEAR answers on the major changes he'd do.  You want to end certain agencies, you'd damn well better have a huge plan available to tell us what solutions you have to every problem that will emerge.   He wants to restructure FBI and end CIA.  You just cannot do that.  You can't.  These groups, although shady, are the reasons we're the only superpower remaining.  The CIA gets its hands dirty, sure, but it allows us to bully other nations into favorable deals, bases, etc.
Paul's comments on ending foreign aid to both Isr and Arab states (Arab states get about 3 times as much $ as Isr gets from us) were beyond huge.  He mkes a good point - why are we borrowing in the trillions to give it away to BOTH sides over there, you know?  Can anyone here tell us why we should borrow $9T and send a big chunk of it to Isr and Saudi states to fight each other? lol

Russert has been brutal on every candidate that has come on his show.

Next week it's Obama and Huck on Meet the Press.  I betcha Hilary and Rudy are pretty pissed they didn't get that slot.

I'm convinced. You're a fascist prick without any principles. Do you even have a passport? Have you seen anything apart from the backwater Wyoming or whereever you live?
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 05:36:28 PM »
I'm convinced. You're a fascist prick without any principles.

You may be right.  But I know that if you offerred most Americans two options

1)  We cease all interference in other nations and as a result lose military advantages, energy advantages, govt decision making advantages, worldwide (which will quickly be grabbed up by RUS and CHI interests), or

2)  Keep on living life as you are (good standard of living and safety) and never think about the rough shit our guys do to ensure it stays that way

That most of them would select #2.

Is it morally disgusting?  Yes.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 06:58:55 PM »
You may be right.  But I know that if you offerred most Americans two options

1)  We cease all interference in other nations and as a result lose military advantages, energy advantages, govt decision making advantages, worldwide (which will quickly be grabbed up by RUS and CHI interests), or

2)  Keep on living life as you are (good standard of living and safety) and never think about the rough shit our guys do to ensure it stays that way

That most of them would select #2.

Is it morally disgusting?  Yes.

I'm glad you don't support Ron Paul; you would tarnish his principled stance on all matters. Go fuck Cheney and your other neo-con friends up the arse!
I hate the State.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 09:56:05 PM »
I'm glad you don't support Ron Paul; you would tarnish his principled stance on all matters. Go fuck Cheney and your other neo-con friends up the arse!

MELTDOWN.  ;D