Author Topic: I went to a Planet Fitness today  (Read 4580 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
I went to a Planet Fitness today
« on: December 23, 2007, 06:28:53 PM »
Didn't even know there was around here. Was on the other side of town going to Bob Evans with some girl for breakfast and I noticed it. I went in and looked around. Not bad at all except the equipment is purple and there are are signs everywhere that says Judgment Free Zone ;D Place was very clean though and had all the equipment you could need, and twice as many cardio pieces as most gyms. The girl at the front counter told me right away that they don't cater to Powerlifters and bodybuilders, and you had to wipe down equipment etc. I gotta say I didn't think it was bad at all for 10 bucks a month. It's a hike for me and I already have two memberships at other gyms already, but if I were close I would give it a try I think. Although there was no one there today and you need to see the clientele before you can make a decision like that.
E

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: I went to a Planet Fitness today
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 06:36:20 PM »
Didn't even know there was around here. Was on the other side of town going to Bob Evans with some girl for breakfast and I noticed it. I went in and looked around. Not bad at all except the equipment is purple and there are are signs everywhere that says Judgment Free Zone ;D Place was very clean though and had all the equipment you could need, and twice as many cardio pieces as most gyms. The girl at the front counter told me right away that they don't cater to Powerlifters and bodybuilders, and you had to wipe down equipment etc. I gotta say I didn't think it was bad at all for 10 bucks a month. It's a hike for me and I already have two memberships at other gyms already, but if I were close I would give it a try I think. Although there was no one there today and you need to see the clientele before you can make a decision like that.
thats is awesome,gym prices have gotten fucking insane lately.i am putting the finishing touches on my home gym right now so i can become a complete hermit ;D

bench

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 06:39:45 PM »
Judgement free zone... oh brother. Sounds to me like they cater to people's insecurities if anything, I can only imagine the tremendous progress people make on their physiques over there.

"Dont judge me bro"  ::)
follow the arrows

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 06:45:21 PM »
Judgement free zone... oh brother. Sounds to me like they cater to people's insecurities if anything, I can only imagine the tremendous progress people make on their physiques over there.

"Dont judge me bro"  ::)

Like I said, I went there out of curiosity from this site, but it wasn't THAT bad really.
E

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 09:55:51 PM »
Like I said, I went there out of curiosity from this site, but it wasn't THAT bad really.
How do you think they would react next time you walk in with your belt, straps and chalk?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 01:40:30 AM »
I bet they have a no grunting policy to.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 06:30:41 AM »
How do you think they would react next time you walk in with your belt, straps and chalk?

I have the Flier somewhere, there are a lot of rules. Like I said, I am not gonna join, it's too far anyway, but it was a nice place, esp. for 10 bucks a month.
E

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 06:39:21 AM »
What's wrong with judging people??

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 07:09:48 AM »
Planet Fitness is gayer than Pine Knob ski resort.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 07:10:28 AM »
Planet Fitness is gayer than Pine Knob ski resort.

Hahahah, I watch concerts there. It's called DTE now.
E

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 07:11:09 AM »
;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 01:18:27 PM »
My gym has sold to planet fitness.it was originally a Worlds then called Go fitness.one of my best friends has been the owner the whole time.I've haven't paid for a membership in years.I know its only $10 but my friend has set me up with a lifetime free membership 8).so I stay for now and see how it turns out.some things are really gonna suck,dumbells only go to 80lbs,only 2 flat benches,1 leg press,and 1 squat rack :'(

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 01:47:37 PM »
Yup, they do have a "NO GRUNTING" policy. Its called "Lunk Alert" or something. I think they have a siren that goes off if someone grunts or yells or something. A guy in New Jersey got kicked out of his local PLANET FITNESS because he was grunting. LOL

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 04:07:39 PM »

My gym closed a couple days before Christmas (merged) and the new facility is farther away than I care to travel, so I joined the Planet Fitness near my residence.  It's true that they have a lot of rules, a "lunk alarm," and a "no bandana" policy, but like you said, it's only $10.00 per month.  Since I am nowhere near the average getbig member as far as bodybuilding progress is concerned, PF suits me well (at this point), and my wife is much more comfortable there (even though our old gym was not really a "meathead" place).

I believe that PF is simply a "niche" gym for those who feel they won't "fit in" at other gyms (and currently don't fit in their own britches...sorry, but I couldn't resist).  If, Lord willing, I make good enough progress to where PF no longer meets my needs, I'll consider a more "hardcore" facility.

I have spoken.
~

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 04:16:38 PM »
as much as people talk shit, i've seen a few bally's and planet fitness that were pretty good even for a PL type. some are total metrosexual BS but i've been to one or two that had no problem with me in my chalk cloud, as long as i kept myself over in the freeweight area and stayed away from the machine are with the carpet on the floor.

for $10, as long as they let me bring chalk i'd probably be in. even the small gyms in my area are asking $30 a month now. and most of them want a year deposit. yeah, a college student working part time is gonna plunk down $360 lump to work out.  ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 04:23:21 PM »
chalk is for fags. real men wear gloves.
Z

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 12:38:47 AM »

The last show I saw there was Maiden.  Great show!

Dr.Del

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2008, 05:40:07 AM »
cool

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 06:25:56 AM »

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 11:15:55 AM »
Ok, I admit it, I joined. I like the place and it's only 20 bucks a month and you get unlimited tanning and free guests unlimited plus half off drinks in the cooler and a black T shirt but they were out of them or something. I joined this morning and I was seriously like the most swole dude there ;D, but there were a lot of chicks around. I still have a Ballys membership, but that place is shitty and my World membership I think is done, but I am not sure, I may have a few more weeks. Oh well, Planet Fitness for at least a year :D
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 11:20:48 AM »
admit it was the free tanning that got you !
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 11:22:59 AM »
admit it was the free tanning that got you !

I like Mystic tanning actually, but 30 bucks a pop vs. free at the gym? Thats a no-brainer.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 11:34:07 AM »
whats mystic tanning? is that some kinda chain?
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 11:42:34 AM »
whats mystic tanning? is that some kinda chain?

Sunless tanning. I used to go all the time, but the place closed and now I gotta go kind of far. Plus it seems kind of stupid trying to not get skin cancer when I am don't care if all the other shit I do kills me. So I go to regular tanning places now. No scratch that, I tan at PF now, for free! The tanning beds by me range from  10 to 30 bucks a visit, so thats a pretty good deal actually to go for free.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 11:45:16 AM »
so is mystic some kinda spray tan?

Z