Author Topic: Bag for all my shit?!  (Read 3674 times)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Bag for all my shit?!
« on: December 23, 2007, 06:54:48 PM »
I have wraps, straps, belts, bands, chalk, tacky, WD-40, Icy Hot, knee sleeves, warmup pants, etc, etc....

I need a bag that can hold all this crap and keep it organized so I dont have to pull 10 things out to get what I want.

Yes, all of that stuff isnt needed for every workout but I dont have time to lay my stuff out everyday and would much rather just leave it all in the bag.

I am looking at Tactical Bags for police, SWAT, and EMS becuase they have lots of space and pockets.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
Re: Bag for all my shit?!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 08:29:03 PM »
I have wraps, straps, belts, bands, chalk, tacky, WD-40, Icy Hot, knee sleeves, warmup pants, etc, etc....

I need a bag that can hold all this crap and keep it organized so I dont have to pull 10 things out to get what I want.

Yes, all of that stuff isnt needed for every workout but I dont have time to lay my stuff out everyday and would much rather just leave it all in the bag.

I am looking at Tactical Bags for police, SWAT, and EMS becuase they have lots of space and pockets.

I actually divide my shit up because I dont' want to lug everything around all the time.  I've got a bag with my belt, knee wraps, wrist wraps and chalk for squat/deadlift days and I've got a bag with wriste wraps, chalk and other things for bench days.  I've got a third bag I keep a pair of olympic dumbell handles that I'll take back and forth to the gym for heavy dumbell days. 

All of the bags I got from target.  They are cheap and the zippers are pure crap, but I haven't busted the bottom out of one yet.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 09:56:16 PM »
Sounds okay. I leave my bag in the car most of the time and I like to have all my stuff just incase I want to do something unplanned.

Heres what I'm looking at:http://www.actiongear.com/cgi-bin/tame.exe/agcatalog/level4s.tam?xax=9661&pagenumber%2Eptx=1&M5COPY%2Ectx=26479&M5%2Ectx=26479&M2%5FDESC%2Ectx=Army%20Cargo%20Bags%2C%20Duffels%2C%20Stuff%20Bags&level3%2Ectx=results%2Etam&query%2Ectx=tactical%20bags&backto=%2Fagcatalog%2Fresults%2Etam

Or this:http://www.uspatriotstore.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=20CC00BK

The first one is kinda small, the second one is good but expensive.

Just seeing if anyone else got anything like this and if they know of a deal. I really need those big zippers and such because I will stuff this bitch for sure!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 02:36:42 AM »

I got this bag, downside is that it's only one big pocket, with a few mesh pockets for smaller items, such as training logs and chalk, et al.

But it has shoulder straps, and also handles on each end.

And the biggest size is 140 liters (approx 38 gallons). A big motherfcuker. Best thing is really that it is made out of some kind of thick durable sailing type of nylon.

http://www.thenorthface.com/opencms/opencms/tnf/gear.jsp?site=NA&model=AAW1
As empty as paradise

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 10:51:45 AM »
Looks good! A bit steep I must say. I think I will go with the Crowd Control bag. A couple separate pockets and a few pouches for shit and about $90.

Thanks! 8)

Ruggiera

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 11:10:48 AM »
I have a bag that I got from EFS that holds my belt, chuck taylors, wrist and several pair of knee wraps, straps, wrist roller, equitite, a set of bands, chalk, towel and extra shirt. Maybe some other shit too. I also have a hockey bag that I use for meets. It has wheels and is a back saver.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 11:20:17 AM »
I have a bag that I got from EFS that holds my belt, chuck taylors, wrist and several pair of knee wraps, straps, wrist roller, equitite, a set of bands, chalk, towel and extra shirt. Maybe some other shit too. I also have a hockey bag that I use for meets. It has wheels and is a back saver.

Yeah, hockey bags are ridiculous! I'll check that out though, thanks.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 01:20:39 PM »
Yeah, hockey bags are ridiculous! I'll check that out though, thanks.

Thats what I pimp.  Like Mike said, its a back saver, and Im lazy!

Jason

Ruggiera

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 07:41:17 PM »
Thats what I pimp.  Like Mike said, its a back saver, and Im lazy!

Jason

I tell ya...  walking through an airport, carrying all your gear for a meet that is on the other side of the country, sucks. No need to be a pack mule when you can roll it. LOL.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 07:56:59 PM »
  WD-40 ?  ???

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 11:57:10 PM »
  WD-40 ?  ???

Hahaha! Its to get the Tacky off after stones. 8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 08:43:49 AM »
http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=BAG_ROLLINGDUFFEL

This is what i use and it works great for travel.

8)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 08:47:49 AM »
I was given a rolling duffle for Christmas. Not intended for the gym but its a good size so it will do.

I dont know what I would think about someone rolling a duffle bag into 24 Hour Fitness? Bwahahaha! ;D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 08:53:16 AM »
I was given a rolling duffle for Christmas. Not intended for the gym but its a good size so it will do.

I dont know what I would think about someone rolling a duffle bag into 24 Hour Fitness? Bwahahaha! ;D

Hahahaha...i only use the rolling bag for travel, shit i use it for travel even if it's not for powerlifting. it holds alot of hunting crap as well.

24 hour might think you plan on walking out with some weights...lol...i had a manager at a LA fitness inspect my bag when i left because "gym bags aren't allowed on the main area"...what a bunch of BS, but we had cable handles and stuff stolen from my old powerlifting gym.

8)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 10:53:34 AM »
That stealing bullshit really pisses me off. I hate when I go to use something and some dirtbag swiped it. If you see someone taking a cable bar, run up, grab it, and givem a good thump with it. This would work with any piece of fitness equipment really.

I would like to be able to leave some workout equipment in a gym for others to use and so I dont need to tote it around but once again, dirtbags.