Author Topic: "DrugFree4Life" Owns The Domain "VinceGoodrum.Com": Suggestions?  (Read 5350 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: "DrugFree4Life" Owns The Domain "VinceGoodrum.Com": Suggestions?
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 08:36:10 AM »
Yeah Vince.....Melvin.....I did it a few years ago because I saw an opportunity and I took it.  Then I graciously  gave it back to you because you had some sort of epiphany and were going to change your dickhead ways.  That didnt last long now did it?  Well, here comes 2007 and lo' and behold I have the same opportunity.  Well, being someone that doesnt pass a good opportunity up, I bought it again.  Well, you came back and tried (or will try) to blackmail me into giving it back or letting it rest.  These are my options right now:

1) You buy it from me for $20
2) Sell it to Keith.
3) Sell it to Vince Basile

There is a 4th option.  Here's my offer:

Agree to this message ( http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=191735.msg2638771#msg2638771 ) and I will give your domain name back for free and agree to never purchase it again in my life.  If you 'lose' you will agree to never come back to GetBig in any way shape or form.  'Win' and I will leave GetBig.  Oh, and if you do agree and fail to show.....then that will constitute a 'loss'.

I will give you till 9am MST on 01/01/08 to decide.

Are you out of your mind???  You want to challenge me to a bodybuilding contest???? ....fine....  I'll see you at the Arnold
A

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 08:47:39 AM »
You agree to all of those things?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 08:55:01 AM »
You agree to all of those things?

I could care less for being on Getbig...you of all people should know that.  See you at the Arnold
A

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2007, 08:59:51 AM »
I could care less for being on Getbig...you of all people should know that.  See you at the Arnold

Fair enough......of course, I sincerely doubt you will EVER follow through with being self-banned from here.  Of course....if you care so little about it, then why agree?  Why not pony up the $20 and get your name back?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2007, 09:24:12 AM »
Why should Goodrum care?  His name isn't Vince, it's Melvin, so what difference does it make to own that domain name?

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2007, 10:02:57 AM »
Vince,

Does Christmastime remind you of what a huge failure and a coward you are?  :'(
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2007, 10:24:43 AM »
Why should Goodrum care?  His name isn't Vince, it's Melvin, so what difference does it make to own that domain name?

This is true.  So, perhaps the whole thing is pointless?

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2007, 10:30:59 AM »
This is true.  So, perhaps the whole thing is pointless?

Dude, just give it to Gaerreth, evidently he has both the time and expertise to do something fantastic. :D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2007, 11:17:37 AM »

I've never mocked anyone who had kidney problems.  I only posted that Don Long shouldn't be competing anymore with his messed up kidneys. 

BTW, why were you on this board on Christmas Eve and Christmas....don't you people have a life or something.

In any event vincegoodrum.com isn't melvingoodrum.com so I could care less about the domain name.  Anyone who uses it however can expect some legal problems if the site is used for malicious purposes.  I explained that to Curt years ago when he did the same thing and nothing has changed whatsoever 

Hey Vince you ignorant monkey what do you say to me calling you out on your trademarks.  Why do you always lie.  What kind of monkey are you.  You are officially GetBig pet monkey.  Also, you do realize how ugly you are right.  Just making sure. 

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2007, 11:21:23 AM »

In any event vincegoodrum.com isn't melvingoodrum.com so I could care less about the domain name.  Anyone who uses it however can expect some legal problems if the site is used for malicious purposes.   I explained that to Curt years ago when he did the same thing and nothing has changed whatsoever 

Empty threats that you'll never back up, nor can do if the buyers play their cards right.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2007, 11:32:40 AM »
Vince is so ignorant he thinks his $25 a month Pre-Paid legal team will go to bat for him in a lawsuit.  They know he is as ignorant as they come and they are getting paid for doing nothing.  Vince do you realize you ignorant monkey that the attorneys are going to charge you normal pricing for issues like this.  You live in a shit hole and make no money.  You are stuck.  Honestly Vince shoot yourself.  It is the most positive thing you can do right now.  Thanks in advance.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2007, 11:35:43 AM »
I feel the love for VinceG in this thread  :D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2007, 11:36:13 AM »

Are you out of your mind???  You want to challenge me to a bodybuilding contest???? ....fine....  I'll see you at the Arnold

lol, why would anyone be "out of their mind" to challenge you to a BB contest??  Even if an average man had never worked out before in his life and had some months to prepare for a bodybuilding contest he'd be able to beat you Vince.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2007, 11:56:21 AM »
lol, why would anyone be "out of their mind" to challenge you to a BB contest??  Even if an average man had never worked out before in his life and had some months to prepare for a bodybuilding contest he'd be able to beat you Vince.

Well, this is me at my last show (2006)...so, I really dont think I have a shot against Vince.

rk272727

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2007, 12:11:39 PM »
  vinny dont disgrace the arnold like you did the olympia u give the sport a bad name like dumbass and stuff
b

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2007, 02:46:37 PM »
Well, this is me at my last show (2006)...so, I really dont think I have a shot against Vince.

I already know what you looked like including at your win to become an WNBF pro.  So you should be able to beat me at the Arnold...right???

See you there
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2007, 03:15:02 PM »
There is a history of people buying up .com sites in someone else's name. Seems to me no one has a right to the 'vince goodrum' name or domain except people with that name. It would be unethical to buy that name and then try to sell it to him at a profit. Even on musclehead sites full of shit-stirrers there should be some rules. I am on Melvin's side in this dispute.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2007, 04:31:38 PM »
There is a history of people buying up .com sites in someone else's name. Seems to me no one has a right to the 'vince goodrum' name or domain except people with that name. It would be unethical to buy that name and then try to sell it to him at a profit. Even on musclehead sites full of shit-stirrers there should be some rules. I am on Melvin's side in this dispute.

The Legalities of Buying and Selling Domain Names

The public conception still contains many misunderstandings regarding the legalities of buying and selling domain names. Many people have heard stories of malicious "cybersquatters" who deliberately register company names and then demand outrageous sums as a ransom for their return. Regrettably, these few bad eggs have sufficed to give the entire industry a lingering bad reputation, even though their activities have since been brought under control by more up-to-date legislation. One thing is clear, and that’s that domain name disputes are never as simple as they may appear.

The important thing is to know that buying and selling domain names is perfectly legal, as long as the domain being sold does not infringe on the trademark rights of a third party. Today, the vast majority of domain investors operate within this legally-acceptable territory. However, in some cases a domain owner is unaware of, or chooses to ignore, the legal constraints. Fortunately, in these cases, a trademark holder has numerous channels for addressing their ownership dispute. These resources are described below.

Domain name sellers should be aware that it is their responsibility to ensure that their domain name is free from possible trademark infringements before listing it for sale. Ignorance of the law is no excuse! Use the links and information provided here to inform yourself about your rights and the legalities governing domain name ownership to reduce the risk that you will lose your domain.

Trademark holders should be aware that possessing a trademark for a given term does not automatically mean that you have a legitimate legal claim to a domain name. Possession of a valid trademark is only one of three requirements that you need to meet to win ownership of a domain name via ICANN's Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP), the policy governing ownership disputes for the generic TLDs (.com, .net, .org, .biz, and .info) or the U.S. Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (15 U.S.C. sec. 1125).

Just as important are the requirements that (1) the domain registrant have no legitimate interests in the domain and that (2) they evidenced bad faith in registering the domain. Both elements require evidence beyond the mere registration of a domain. Please take the time to inform yourself about the UDRP and other legalities governing domain names using the resources provided below.

Before you make a complaint, make sure that you have consulted a qualified trademark attorney with experience in domain names. Legal disputes should generally be considered a last option: the cost for a UDRP case is $1,500 plus legal expenses, and there is no guarantee that you will win (for a complete schedule of UDRP fees).

If you sue and lose, your chances of then being able to purchase the domain from the current owner is greatly reduced. In addition, frivolous UDRP claims against domain owners can result in a finding of reverse domain hijacking - a practice in which trademark holders engage in a bad-faith attempt to use the UDRP to wrongfully strip the legitimate registrant and user of a desired domain name simply because the complainant holds a trademark in that name or one similar to it.

So, Vince....if you can produce some legal documentation regarding the trademarked "Vince Goodrum" name, I have no problem handing it back over to you.  I was unable to find any such trademark though.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2007, 04:38:28 PM »
The point is, why would anyone but 'Vince' Goodrum want to own the vincegoodrum.com site? We allow that in this case it was done for a hoot on Getbig. If it was done to make a profit then many famous cases have shown that the real identity has a right to those sites and entrepreneurs shouldn't be getting involved in this as a business.

If some consider vince goodrum a stooge then why on earth buy that domain name? In the end, no amount of legal arguments and precedents can answer that question. Since Melvin Goodrum is his real name that domain is practically worthless. Even Melvin doesn't want it!

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2007, 04:56:23 PM »
The stage is set, Drugfree4life, versus Vince Goodrum.I am having my secretary put together the show, I just need to know what time and day you 2 would like to have the posedown.Being natural I understand that you dont do diuretics, or use drugs to peak, so I want to make sure the both of you are carbed up, suked in and ready to go.
This is a real contest, we are talking a years worth of all the supplements you need, including Waxy Maze ( Vitargo) Kre-Alaklyn, Ephedra ,pro-hormones, L-Glutamine, BCCAS. So that alone is worth around $3500, plus airfare to travel to 3 shows that you chose to compete in .If you win the shows you enter there will be cash bonuses.
Plus you will be featured on our website, and on the cover of one of the many brochures we produce. This way you get international exposure.
We have sponsored athletes such as Troy Alves, Will Harris, Manny Torres, Greg Peeples, and many more

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2007, 04:58:06 PM »
There is NO WAY that Goodrum comes up with $1500 to sue.  He just started a PT job as a telemarketer.

Before you make a complaint, make sure that you have consulted a qualified trademark attorney with experience in domain names. Legal disputes should generally be considered a last option: the cost for a UDRP case is $1,500 plus legal expenses, and there is no guarantee that you will win (for a complete schedule of UDRP fees).
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2007, 05:12:25 PM »
The stage is set, Drugfree4life, versus Vince Goodrum.I am having my secretary put together the show, I just need to know what time and day you 2 would like to have the posedown.Being natural I understand that you dont do diuretics, or use drugs to peak, so I want to make sure the both of you are carbed up, suked in and ready to go.
This is a real contest, we are talking a years worth of all the supplements you need, including Waxy Maze ( Vitargo) Kre-Alaklyn, Ephedra ,pro-hormones, L-Glutamine, BCCAS. So that alone is worth around $3500, plus airfare to travel to 3 shows that you chose to compete in .If you win the shows you enter there will be cash bonuses.
Plus you will be featured on our website, and on the cover of one of the many brochures we produce. This way you get international exposure.
We have sponsored athletes such as Troy Alves, Will Harris, Manny Torres, Greg Peeples, and many more
This is very generous of you John.  :o

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2007, 05:43:53 PM »
There is NO WAY that Goodrum comes up with $1500 to sue.  He just started a PT job as a telemarketer.

I dunno, one of these days Vince might collect enough cans to hire a third rate lawyer off a bus stop bench add and actually file something  :-\

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2007, 05:51:08 PM »
**I dunno, one of these days Vince might collect enough cans to hire a third rate lawyer off a bus stop bench add and actually file something.**

LOL! 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2007, 05:52:50 PM »
How do we get a hold of Ron to agree to perma-ban Vince if he loses?