Author Topic: Arnold & Franco VS. Bayou Bruiser  (Read 3039 times)

Moosejay

Re: Arnold & Franco VS. Bayou Bruiser
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2007, 03:52:14 PM »
"Team Diver"? I guess no.  ::)

Don't understand.

Mike

Moosejay

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2007, 03:55:45 PM »
Back in the 70's, when Arnold was doing a few seminars for high school students at a prep school called Cheshire Academy in Cheshire, CT (I was attending football camp there at the same time at 15 years of age, saw him and thought he was an alien that's how big he was...the word was that he was rushed to Yale New Haven Hospital.

Something went awry with his heart and blood pressure...he called Mike Katz (And I did not hear this from Mike, by the way)...to keep things under wraps.

I am sure thbis is just a garden variety story but interesting to hear he mayt have had problems with the ticker at only 32 years of age (last year befroe final como in 1980.

Mike

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2007, 04:22:05 PM »
i dismiss these are "internet rumours"..entertaining though

Moosejay

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2007, 04:46:52 PM »
i dismiss these are "internet rumours"..entertaining though

No, Quickerblade...this was going about back when I was at said camp...something in the local paper that Arnie had to visit Yale Hosp...guess it was no big deal, though...

Mike

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2007, 04:50:16 PM »
No, Quickerblade...this was going about back when I was at said camp...something in the local paper that Arnie had to visit Yale Hosp...guess it was no big deal, though...

Mike

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2007, 05:03:41 PM »
Great stories Mike, thanks for sharing.

I guess when Arnold was constently getting into fights he was not winning them all. ;D

I wonder what year it was because in his book he mentions that he wisened up some.

Keep the stories coming and keep FAITH! You can get through anything!
just push some weight!

Moosejay

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2007, 05:05:47 PM »
Great stories Mike, thanks for sharing.

I guess when Arnold was constently getting into fights he was not winning them all. ;D

I wonder what year it was because in his book he mentions that he wisened up some.

Keep the stories coming and keep FAITH! You can get through anything!

Thanks Alexx for your very positive note...one of the ONLY I have gotten here...I continue because I love bb and many know where I am coming from here.

According to Zane, he was still teaching Arnie algebra, so it could not be much beyond 1970.

I will come with the anecdotes as they strike me, carry on with the good work, peace,

Mike