Author Topic: Franco's Trick  (Read 10615 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Franco's Trick
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2007, 05:36:30 AM »
F*ck that - sounds like a lot of work ;D

You have the same passion for the V that Maximus had for Rome.
E

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2007, 05:41:20 AM »
You have the same passion for the V that Maximus had for Rome.

Yes, if not more, although you'd be more exact if you'd said, "You HAD the same passion for the V that Maximus had for Rome"

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2007, 05:56:36 AM »
Yes, if not more, although you'd be more exact if you'd said, "You HAD the same passion for the V that Maximus had for Rome"

True. Maybe 2008 will be a good year for a comeback ???
E

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2007, 05:58:40 AM »

"don't call it a comeback...."

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2007, 05:59:06 AM »

Definitely, although not in the way you are going to expect ;)

I don't mean that in a bad way or anything

Moosejay

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2007, 10:26:03 AM »
i appreciate stories of old. i love hearing about the muscle beach crowd of the late 60's/70's and many aspects of bbing before and after those times. just found it odd that u choose to base the topic of ur 3 ramblings about franco, robby and tom in a somewhat defamatory way. but no one's perfect, so maybe those things did happen. i dont want to sound like a disgruntled starry-eyed fan, so don't let me stop ur stories, whatever they may be about.

Thanks man and peace to you. I also admire all of the fellows I have written about.

Mike

Moosejay

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
Why don't you tell us something embarrassing that happened to you? You've obviously had your fair share, since you are bitter enough and seem intent on tearing down  'all the legends of bodybuilding'

BTW as a troll, I fully realize the irony of me pointing this out ;D

Welll...embarassing...ye s...plenty.

I competed in 60 bb shows, amssed only 17 trophies, won only 2 shows outright.

Embarrassed myself onstage plenty of times, but kept trying.

I will post a photo of me competing when I figure out how with the scanner.

Then you guys can have your fun with it!

Mike

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2007, 10:33:02 AM »
"don't call it a comeback...."

"I hate that word. It is a return."

/ready for my close-up mr. demille

Moosejay

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2007, 10:42:44 AM »
"I hate that word. It is a return."

/ready for my close-up mr. demille

That's "LL Cool J"

Mike

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2007, 11:05:48 AM »

That's "LL Cool J"

Mike
My mistake. I thought is was Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2007, 11:11:09 AM »
Here comes the money shot

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2007, 07:22:29 PM »
You guys are mean to me. :'(

affy

« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2007, 07:55:44 PM »

HAHAHHAHAH that goes in the chop hall of fame

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2007, 08:14:15 PM »
You guys are mean to me. :'(

Keith this picture seems to suggest that Twinks factor greatly in to your "training"

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2007, 10:07:19 AM »

Many of you may know that Franco would often blow up and explode hot water bottles to entertain crowds.

One year, while perfromning at Mountain Park (Ed Jubinville's affair) in Holyoke, Mass., a friend of minbe who has been a traiuner for m any years and was at this event accidently walked in on Franco in hbis dressing room as he was 'preparing' for his act.

My friend said Franco had turned the hot water bottle inside-out, and was carefully sanding down a small spot with a piece of sanding paper.

"Insurance", Franco said to my friend as he walked out from whence he came.

Guess that's how those things would pop so easily.

Mike

DAMN MOOSEJAY...WHY ARE YOU LYING??? YOU LITTLE INBRED FUCK...ANOTHER COCK SUCKER POSTING A "MY FRIEND" STORY. AND BY THE WAY.... LEARN TO SPELL CORRECTLY (SPELL CHECK).
C

Moosejay

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2007, 10:49:32 AM »
DAMN MOOSEJAY...WHY ARE YOU LYING??? YOU LITTLE INBRED FUCK...ANOTHER COCK SUCKER POSTING A "MY FRIEND" STORY. AND BY THE WAY.... LEARN TO SPELL CORRECTLY (SPELL CHECK).

Only if you learn to turn your 'Caps Lock' button off, pilgrim.

Best,

Mike

PS: You can always PM me if you have something personal against me. Peace.

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2007, 05:25:36 PM »

you, "sir", are an angry negroid with a caps-lock problem.  ::)

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2007, 06:17:13 PM »
That would be a mail-order Phd he got in nutrition, I am fairly certain.

Mike

uh, that would be one of Franco's other tricks.......

Moosejay

« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2007, 09:52:23 PM »
uh, that would be one of Franco's other tricks.......

Yes. His "Nutrition Phd" was always thought to be kind of dubious in the expedience in which he earned it.

Mike

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2007, 11:27:36 AM »
Chiropractors are fucking scam artist. What a shit profession.

Board certified general surgeon for 5 years now.

Have personally seen 4 vertebral artery dissections caused by chiropractic "manipulation" and I am not a neurosurgeon, so I assume that number is not representative of how often this actually occurs.

The results for these patients was disastrous.

Not to mention the one patient I had who stopped taking his insulin because his chiro told him his manipulations would make his pancreas get back into harmony with the rest of his body and showed up to my clinic in a diabetic coma.

So in a word yes, conartists.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2007, 11:36:05 AM »

Have personally seen 4 vertebral artery dissections caused by chiropractic "manipulation" and I am not a neurosurgeon, so I assume that number is not representative of how often this actually occurs.

Not to mention the one patient I had who stopped taking his insulin because his chiro told him his manipulations would make his pancreas get back into harmony with the rest of his body and showed up to my clinic in a diabetic coma.

Not to defend chiro's but they do Prolotherapy or at least they did about 10 years ago when I had it done in hawaii.  i know they got in trouble for it but it worked wonders on my wrist.  hurt like shit but helped me.  I am afraid to go to one because I see how they crack shit and I don't want a broken neck too

Moosejay

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2007, 12:08:51 PM »

I respect, admire, and refer patients to surgeons regularly.

Documentation of vertebral artery dissection or trauma from chiro manipulation states this happens once for every ONE MILLION adjustments rendered.

Much less than pharmaceuticle overdosing and its sequlae from boisterous over prescribing MD's.

And, I seem to have read that SEVERAL HUNDRED THOUSAND people have perished during surgery in 2007.

And...many thousands have died because of SURGICAL MISTAKES.

Sometimes, the WRONG JOINT is even operated on. The healthy kidney removed vs. bad one.

Yet, I don't call surgeons "Con Artists".

And, yes, in some states, the laws are lax, and some chiros do weird shit.

Some. Trust me. Not many. The insulin pancreas shit you mentioned is, indeed, retarded.

NOT IN CONNECTICUT, where I practice.

If I did any of that shit, they's remove my diplomas from my walls come Monday morning.

We are held to the highest standards.

I am proud to say that I have helped thousands of people in the best ways that I have been trained to do.

I have never harmed one patient in 18 years.

There is good and bad in every profession.

Sir, in the trusest of all my respect for you, if you are, indeed, a board cert. surgeon, I would not think your overall synopsis of chiropractic as a profession would be what it is.

For the record, I have several Yale and Harvard trained orthopedic surgeons who regularly send me patient referrals.

Respectfully,

Mike

Moosejay

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2007, 12:12:13 PM »
Hey Only.

Even though I myself am a chiropractor, I do not get adjusted.

I don't like the cracking.

Why?

Because I don't have physical problems that would warrant chiropractic care.
If I did, my body would welcome the adjusting for what it would correct in me.

As far as prolotherapy, my good friend and Yale Pain Management center founder, Lloyd Saberski, M.D., was/is one of the pioneers of prolotherapy. I send my difficult cases to him and performs the prolo on them with much success.

Best, and I hope the diet is going well, my friend,

Mike

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2007, 12:26:31 PM »
Its no secret that Doctors now work for the HMO's and push product for the drug companies...So when the drug salesman drops off his flavor of the month drug to said doctors to prescribe, I think its safe to say that in fact many doctors are in fact con artists...

When the system allows a doctor to prescribe over a dozen different types of drugs at one time to a 60 year old man/woman, these doctors are not only con artist but should be locked up in jail and have the key thrown away...

Doctors cause so many of the aliments that the elderly have today...Their over prescribing have been tearing the organs apart of people of decades now...And all because of the mighty dollar...

Shame on them...They are con artist to the 33rd degree...They hold degree's in the Tom Tognelli school of con artist

Moosejay

« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2007, 12:36:54 PM »
Its no secret that Doctors now work for the HMO's and push product for the drug companies...So when the drug salesman drops off his flavor of the month drug to said doctors to prescribe, I think its safe to say that in fact many doctors are in fact con artists...

When the system allows a doctor to prescribe over a dozen different types of drugs at one time to a 60 year old man/woman, these doctors are not only con artist but should be locked up in jail and have the key thrown away...

Doctors cause so many of the aliments that the elderly have today...Their over prescribing have been tearing the organs apart of people of decades now...And all because of the mighty dollar...

Shame on them...They are con artist to the 33rd degree...They hold degree's in the Tom Tognelli school of con artist

Well, Spoony, I wouldn't be so harsh.

Not ALL docs (all kinds of docs) are bad.

Most actually go into becoming a doc to help people.

Sure.

You can make a lot of money, although its a lot harder now.

I do very well.

However, I will not lie and say it is easy. I market my ASS off, and , when all is said and done, I regularly work 80 hrs a week...often more (and I own another, separate marketing business, too).

I have never had drug reps come to my office with a delicious Lobster Tail buffet like many meical offices receive on a regular basis, with the reps hoping they will push they phram. wares.

We chiros don't prescribe.

I am not against drugs. We need them, oibviously.

However, it is said that the AVERAGE senior citizen has 17 DIFFERENT prescription medicines in their medicine cabinets.

That's s-e-v-e-n-t-e-e-n.

Maybe they are not currently using all of them. Who knows.

I think you get the point.

I have no prescription meds in my house (only 44 yrs old...but am not planning on any when I am older, either.

LISTEN.

I am, by no means, here to get into a pissing contest with any other kinds of doictors, or ANYONE, for that matter.

But I will say this:

MUCH of the cvrying about chiropractors and whining about bad surgeries or over prescribing comes from that root we all know about:

MONEY.

Who is getting what slice of the pie.

We were provided DIRECT ACCESS to insurance companies in the early 70's.

Patients could then come to us and get their services paid.

Did this piss some allopaths off?

I am sure it did.

Personally, I get along with everyone in my health care community.

Mike