Author Topic: where did the original "matter" that caused big bang come from?  (Read 6799 times)

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: where did the original "matter" that caused big bang come from?
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2007, 04:27:54 PM »
&feature=related

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2007, 04:29:19 PM »
God clearly creates a new species of bacteria from scratch each time there is a "resistance" to antibiotics. 

Each new minor change in susceptibility to antibiotics effect's is a perfect little intelligent design.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
Whatever you say Donkey Kong.  ::)

I've just destroyed the argument for evolution being the main factor in human development.
...........there was some manipulation of our genes by extra terrestrials.

really, are you talking about the green little thing?
are you delusional?

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2007, 04:33:16 PM »
Whatever you say Donkey Kong.  ::)

I've just destroyed the argument for evolution being the main factor in human development.

Both apes and humans share a common ancestor; both "evolved" in the same environment in Africa.

Yet, for some reason, some of these apes underwent radical change and developed into modern humans...

What does that tell you?

A population either mutated, or...

there was some manipulation of our genes by extra terrestrials.

Differentiate mutation from evolution for me.  Specifically how a mutation of an organism varies from the evolution of an organism.  
If you could ultimately give me the difference in DNA structure each would create, I would appreciate it.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2007, 04:41:21 PM »
was it "just there"? ::)

No...but "god" who created the big bang was "just there".  ::)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2007, 04:42:56 PM »
No...but "god" who created the big bang was "just there".  ::)

Hi Stephen Hawking. 

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2007, 04:45:57 PM »

and who created god........ where was he before it....... and before that
are you delusional?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2007, 04:47:21 PM »
The theory of evolution doesn't need any sky cranes. So, God and extraterrestrials are not required to account for all species. To reverse engineer all that happened in the past is probably not achievable. However, the definite process and relationship of species is well known and not disputed. In the past the staunchest critics of evolution eventually became supporters. Modern genome science is confirming Darwin's theory which is quite amazing. Darwin was essentially right when he conjectured about life about 150 years ago. Most of science has supported his theory. It is a curiosity that the Intelligent Design theory has gained support in recent years. However, it is not a scientific theory but a religious one because there is no test for its truth. The forces behind ID are also responsible for censoring Jerry Springer Shows. Heck, isn't it about time we heard what everyone was saying and viewed the gals who want their Jerry beads?

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2007, 05:07:48 PM »
Hi Stephen Hawking. 

LOL!!!!!

I spent so much time on the IIDB boards in 2004, that coming on here and debating with people who aren't specialized in philosophy is not difficult.  There are smart people on getbig, but the people on the IIDB board are almost all intellectual heavyweights:

http://www.iidb.org/vbb/index.php

I got owned many times on that board.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2007, 05:15:05 PM »
who cares? at the end of the day what the fuck does it matter? we are here, thats all that matters. believe in whatever you want to, it makes no difference does it?

laurion

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2007, 05:36:35 PM »
Let me tell you all about the Wieder theory of progressive resistance, Old Man Weider not only invented Bodybuilding which we all know didn't exist before him, but he also created existance.  You see if Weider picks up a subatomic particle every day, as the particle attracts more matter it's mass will continue to grow until it's a full grown cow or something.  And thats how he created everything.  ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2007, 05:47:22 PM »
Thanks, Matt, for the link to the internet infidels discussion board. I feel at home there! Gotta love anyone hanging around Getbig. Eventually everyone will be thick as a brick here!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2007, 05:47:41 PM »
LOL!!!!!

I spent so much time on the IIDB boards in 2004, that coming on here and debating with people who aren't specialized in philosophy is not difficult.  There are smart people on getbig, but the people on the IIDB board are almost all intellectual heavyweights:

http://www.iidb.org/vbb/index.php

I got owned many times on that board.

Hi Linus Pauling.  

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2007, 05:50:37 PM »
Thanks, Matt, for the link to the internet infidels discussion board. I feel at home there! Gotta love anyone hanging around Getbig. Eventually everyone will be thick as a brick here!

No doubt people on getbig are generally smarter at certain things than the IIDB folks, but when it comes to topics of philosophy, they are experts.  A lot of my critical thinking skills were developed in 2004-2005 thanks to that board.

Hi Linus Pauling. 

LOL!!!!!

PS:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9050474362583451279
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2007, 07:04:38 PM »
Can anyone tell me what it is that causes only Americans to believe these bullshit religious pseudoscientific bunkum "theories"?

First we had literal Creationism... that was too easily dismissed so the Evangelical answer to evolution itself had to evolve into this equally invalid Intelligent Design bullshit... why not allow the theory to evolve further into actual evolutionary theory?

What's wrong with the American education system?

As it stands today the United States is the only zealously religious country in the developed world... here in Europe Atheists are actually in the majority.

In fact, there is a direct correlation between the preponderance of Atheists in a society and the standard of living... all the best developed countries in the world are predominantly atheist.

The Luke

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2007, 07:25:51 PM »
luke,

the theory is that it has to do with america being a secular nation from its inception. so the idea goes, because europe started out as fiercely theocratic, the population saw all that was wrong with having religion rule the lawbooks. thus we had the enlightenment and the people moved away from "god in the government".

america was a byproduct of that, and as such was secular from the get-go. because of that, the people have slowly become more and more religious. think about our first handful of presidents and then realize that bush said he was appointed by god, and that god told him to invade iraq.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2007, 12:14:34 PM »
luke,

the theory is that it has to do with america being a secular nation from its inception. so the idea goes, because europe started out as fiercely theocratic, the population saw all that was wrong with having religion rule the lawbooks. thus we had the enlightenment and the people moved away from "god in the government".

america was a byproduct of that, and as such was secular from the get-go. because of that, the people have slowly become more and more religious. think about our first handful of presidents and then realize that bush said he was appointed by god, and that god told him to invade iraq.

So true. It's shame that religion is thought of as a freedom, which it really isn't. Thinking of religion as a freedom has allowed people to abuse it in the US. I mean it's come to dictate stances on abortion and other issues, which it really has no business doing.

I know this is unrelated, but are you barking mad for spending so much on that beer.  :o

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2007, 12:57:55 PM »
Can anyone tell me what it is that causes only Americans to believe these bullshit religious pseudoscientific bunkum "theories"?

First we had literal Creationism... that was too easily dismissed so the Evangelical answer to evolution itself had to evolve into this equally invalid Intelligent Design bullshit... why not allow the theory to evolve further into actual evolutionary theory?

What's wrong with the American education system?

As it stands today the United States is the only zealously religious country in the developed world... here in Europe Atheists are actually in the majority.

In fact, there is a direct correlation between the preponderance of Atheists in a society and the standard of living... all the best developed countries in the world are predominantly atheist.

The Luke

you infantile,,europe would be nothing with out the help of the united states of america,,you would be rule d by hitler with out usa and ussr help,,europe let hitler raise from within so europe will never be super power no matter how many countries will get together and how strong the coin will be,,YOU LET HITLER COME AMONG YOU THUS LOST ANY CREDABILITY IN THE FAIUTH OF MAIN KIND FOR 1000S OF YEARS TO COME,,
now the usa is also  many infantiles you see and hear around but the usa and ussr saved europe ass and usa done it with RELGION FAITH in addition to the death  of 10s of 1000s of their best young men  in order TO SAVE YOUR EUROPIAN ASS THAT WAS HIDING IN CAVES,,those american soldiers died for your freedom you DUMB INFANTILE they never got kids or wifes and  if they had those kids stayed with no dad and their life ruined ,,,so what if they like to believe in god?? anyone can belive in anything they want,,GOD IS SOMETHING ABSOLUT,,you dont ask or chellenging it for its a matter of belief and final destination aka you and god and only you and god,,you die you face god byyourself,,its god you come for and its always by youself ,,not with your wife not with you children not with nada,,it is YOU AND GOD who ever that matter is,,
now i agree there are people who take relegion way too seriously but in generasl YOU ARE ALL JEWS,,WE ALL DEVELPPED DIFF STYLE OF FAITHS AND PRACTICES AND JESUS THE JEW! DID WHAT HE DID BUT EVEN HE WAS FORGIVEN BY THE JEWS BECAUSE HE WS......YOU GUESSED IT RIGHT  A FUCKIN JEW!,,YOU ALL ARE JEWS ,,WE ARE ALL JEWS THATS WHY THE JEWISH PEOPLE OF ISRAEL CONTROL EVERYTHING BECAUSE WE ARE ALL JEWS,,THE ONES WHO TRIED TO DESTROY THE JEWS FACED USA AND USSR WHICH ARE ALSO JEWS,,ITS ALL STARTED WITH THE JEWS AND YOU ARE ALL THEIR ANCESTORS,,
THE ONLY ONES WHO ARE NOT JEWS ARE ARABS AND MUSLIMS BUT EVEN THEY ARE HALF JEWS SO THEY ARE ALSO IN A WAY JEWS CAUSINS THAT CANT FACE IT,,
IT ALL STARTED WITH ONE BIG BLAST OF MATERIAL AND OUR GALAXY CREATED IN MILLIONS OF YEARS,,SLOWLY AND SAFELY ,,LIKE MANY OTHER GALAXIES AND MANY OTHER PLANETS WITH LIFE WEHTER YOU KNOW IT OR NOT WETHER ITS YOU WAY OF LIFE OR NOT WETHERE YOU CAN SEE IT OR NOT,,

OUR PLANET IN ITS CORE IS MADE OUT OF ONE SINGLE RELEGION DEVIDED INTO MANY DIFF BELIFS,,THIS RELEGION IS

J E W I S H

fallen angel

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2007, 01:12:48 PM »
Being able to understand complexity = wonderful.

Being able to fuck 10 hookers a week = wonderful.

Since both of these wonderfuls have a systematic effect on every area of your life due to an increase in self confidence and so on, it is safe to assume that understanding complexity and fucking hookers each week will fill up your wonderfuls:

Wonderful * Wonderful = Wonderful ^2

Then add total surrender to Gary Busey:

Wonderful ^(infinite sign)

-> Debussey just cracked the best strategy in the game of life for you all. Stop wasting time, and Do what Debussey say.

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2007, 01:18:34 PM »
you infantile,,europe would be nothing with out the help of the united states of america,,you would be rule d by hitler with out usa and ussr help,,europe let hitler raise from within so europe will never be super power no matter how many countries will get together and how strong the coin will be,,YOU LET HITLER COME AMONG YOU THUS LOST ANY CREDABILITY IN THE FAIUTH OF MAIN KIND FOR 1000S OF YEARS TO COME,,
now the usa is also  many infantiles you see and hear around but the usa and ussr saved europe ass and usa done it with RELGION FAITH in addition to the death  of 10s of 1000s of their best young men  in order TO SAVE YOUR EUROPIAN ASS THAT WAS HIDING IN CAVES,,those american soldiers died for your freedom you DUMB INFANTILE they never got kids or wifes and  if they had those kids stayed with no dad and their life ruined ,,,so what if they like to believe in god?? anyone can belive in anything they want,,GOD IS SOMETHING ABSOLUT,,you dont ask or chellenging it for its a matter of belief and final destination aka you and god and only you and god,,you die you face god byyourself,,its god you come for and its always by youself ,,not with your wife not with you children not with nada,,it is YOU AND GOD who ever that matter is,,
now i agree there are people who take relegion way too seriously but in generasl YOU ARE ALL JEWS,,WE ALL DEVELPPED DIFF STYLE OF FAITHS AND PRACTICES AND JESUS THE JEW! DID WHAT HE DID BUT EVEN HE WAS FORGIVEN BY THE JEWS BECAUSE HE WS......YOU GUESSED IT RIGHT  A FUCKIN JEW!,,YOU ALL ARE JEWS ,,WE ARE ALL JEWS THATS WHY THE JEWISH PEOPLE OF ISRAEL CONTROL EVERYTHING BECAUSE WE ARE ALL JEWS,,THE ONES WHO TRIED TO DESTROY THE JEWS FACED USA AND USSR WHICH ARE ALSO JEWS,,ITS ALL STARTED WITH THE JEWS AND YOU ARE ALL THEIR ANCESTORS,,
THE ONLY ONES WHO ARE NOT JEWS ARE ARABS AND MUSLIMS BUT EVEN THEY ARE HALF JEWS SO THEY ARE ALSO IN A WAY JEWS CAUSINS THAT CANT FACE IT,,
IT ALL STARTED WITH ONE BIG BLAST OF MATERIAL AND OUR GALAXY CREATED IN MILLIONS OF YEARS,,SLOWLY AND SAFELY ,,LIKE MANY OTHER GALAXIES AND MANY OTHER PLANETS WITH LIFE WEHTER YOU KNOW IT OR NOT WETHER ITS YOU WAY OF LIFE OR NOT WETHERE YOU CAN SEE IT OR NOT,,

OUR PLANET IN ITS CORE IS MADE OUT OF ONE SINGLE RELEGION DEVIDED INTO MANY DIFF BELIFS,,THIS RELEGION IS

J E W I S H

What did Jew say?  ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2007, 02:09:07 AM »
There was an article in Scientific American in the 80s which said that quantum theory predicts an infinitesimally small chance that matter can spontaneously blink into or out of existence.  If you accept that time was precedent to the existence of the universe, then that infinite span of time makes the spontaneous appearance of a big bang particle an inevitability.

You can argue it up & down, left & right, but it has a strange charm (a little quark humor there... :D).

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2007, 02:18:30 AM »
matter comes fromlight ...the purest light is also the highest form of vibration....the big bang as u call it was not an explosin...it's dificult to explain how what u call universe was created because it'sa re;lative matter. Meaning it's a matter of perception. Why it'sdifficultto explain ?...because we are not wired yet to understand...it's like trying to explain to your pet how to fill a w2 ....understand ?..."I cannnot explain to u how to make chicken soup when u don't know what chicken is...."  ;)

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2007, 05:55:57 AM »
There was an article in Scientific American in the 80s which said that quantum theory predicts an infinitesimally small chance that matter can spontaneously blink into or out of existence.  If you accept that time was precedent to the existence of the universe, then that infinite span of time makes the spontaneous appearance of a big bang particle an inevitability.

You can argue it up & down, left & right, but it has a strange charm (a little quark humor there... :D).

How can time be precedent? Time does not exist, it is an illusion based off of mans perception of reality.

Does a baby keep track of time when it is in the womb? Does it matter? 

I believe that the root is conscious, and through that all things are created.

Those that study Emerson, and more modern guys such as Dyre, and Chopra understand that we are all connected and everything that we percieve as our reality is made from the same "stuff"

You cannot hate another man without hating yourself.  The human "ego" is what creates this illusion of "me" and "the rest of the world" when it is really all the same, it is all connected.  Those that use manifestation in their lifes have experience enough first hand "proof" to validate this theory.

I do not believe that there is "god" and "man"  We are one in the same, made in the image of the creator, as the bible says a child of god.  To curse god is to curse yourself.

When you have a dream, is it real? What is all the "stuff" in your dream made from?  It disappears from existence when you wake up and only exists as a memory in your mind (original substance).

Dreams are just one stage of conscious.  What we percieve as our lives is another stage of conscious.  Talk to the many people that have had a near death experience and they all say the same thing.  Their entire life flashed before them as a fraction of a moment in time, as if it were just a dream.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2007, 05:57:32 AM »
This thread = in desperate need of some equations from physics.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2007, 06:42:02 AM »
How can time be precedent? Time does not exist, it is an illusion based off of mans perception of reality.

Does a baby keep track of time when it is in the womb? Does it matter? 

I believe that the root is conscious, and through that all things are created.

I would define time (and space) as the noumena without which phenomena cannot exist, like the canvas without which the painting cannot exist. 

A big bang (or any occurrence) presupposes the existence of time and space.  If we say that the big bang "occurred" then that implies a time before and after the "bang."  Any succession of events cannot occur outside of a timeline, so the existence of the events in succession indicates that time itself is preexistent to those events, like the canvas to the painting.

I will not agree or disagree with your position on consciousness, but it doesn't address the question of the thread title and I don't want to get side tracked.  I'm sure you'll accept that we have to acknowledge an objective reality in order to have any meaningful discussion, or else things will simply spiral down to our own subjective bubbles where any discussion is pointless since everything we behold cannot be proven to be anything other than a dream or a hallucination.