Author Topic: Is there any nutritional guru capable of answering this question?  (Read 4111 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Just out of interest, if an extreme amount of calories are consuumed in 1 day, say 6000 calories for a guy with a maintenance of 2500, will he then convert ALL the excess 3500 calories in to stored fat, so a 1 pound FAT gain with one days eating?Or will the body say only store say 1000 calories as fat and shit the rest away?

Tatyana

• Getbig III
Re: IS their any nutritional guru capable of answering this question?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 05:10:21 PM »
What I have been told by some fairly well educated peeps, is that if you have been on your diet/maintainance, you have about 72 hours to balance out the calorie excess before any gets laid down as fat.

You never 'shit' out any excess calories BTW. Excess calories from food are stored as fat.

Our bodies can turn EVERYTHING we eat into fat.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 05:13:06 PM »
What I have been told by some fairly well educated peeps, is that if you have been on your diet/maintainance, you have about 72 hours to balance out the calorie excess before any gets laid down as fat.

You never 'shit' out any excess calories BTW. Excess calories from food are stored as fat.

Thats interesting, so on my above example an individual would gain 365 pounds of fat in a year,I didnt think it was that simple.

inter milan fan

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
Re: Is there any nutritional guru capable of answering this question?
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 05:14:38 PM »
Just out of interest, if an extreme amount of calories are consuumed in 1 day, say 6000 calories for a guy with a maintenance of 2500, will he then convert ALL the excess 3500 calories in to stored fat, so a 1 pound FAT gain with one days eating?Or will the body say only store say 1000 calories as fat and shit the rest away?

Maybe, depends on how Full your glycogen stores are, mainly in the liver and muscles..Also depends on how much protein/carbs/fat are consumed etc..There are to many variables to consider to answer this question properly

However, it's possible to consume 6000 calories in a carb depleted state and not gain any fat.Hope this helps
Internationale Milano FC

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 05:15:31 PM »
Thats interesting, so on my above example an individual would gain 365 pounds of fat,I didnt think it was that simple.

hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

onlyme, goodrum.... pistol duel at 20 paces!!!
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 05:20:36 PM »
Maybe, depends on how Full your glycogen stores are, mainly in the liver and muscles..Also depends on how much protein/carbs/fat are consumed etc..There are to many variables to consider to answer this question properly

However, it's possible to consume 6000 calories in a carb depleted state and not gain any fat.Hope this helps

I am honoured to be you first post, thankyou.

inter milan fan

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 05:22:47 PM »
This statement is highly inaccurate.Who are these educated peeps who give you this advice? Also are they the same as the ones who recommend many small meals over the course of the day?
Internationale Milano FC

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 05:34:40 PM »
yes....al calories that are taken in excess will be stored as fat. but..i know that your body cannot store amino acids...so any excess protein that you eat must first be changed into glucose before it can be stored as fat, and for every 2 grams of amino acids that your body converts into glucose..it yeilds only 1 gram of glucose. so you will only get half as many calories able to be stored as what you over consumed.....    im not sure on the conversion rate of glucose into fatty tissue though.

Tatyana

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 05:45:01 PM »
This statement is highly inaccurate.Who are these educated peeps who give you this advice? Also are they the same as the ones who recommend many small meals over the course of the day?

This was advice after dieting, blowing your diet to bits after a comp, and having another comp in two weeks.

It may not apply to typical dieting.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 05:57:04 PM »
Yet another answer from where I originally posted, Im confused  ???

The latter.  Your system will only absorb so much before the food passes into the lower intestine.  Depends on how active your digestive system is and how healthy your enzymes and bacteria are.

inter milan fan

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 06:06:41 PM »
Yet another answer from where I originally posted, Im confused  ???

The Human body Doesn't waste anything...Everything is either used or stored...The Human body is the perfect mechanism designed to live through times of famine, so it wants to store excess fuel for future needs...
Internationale Milano FC

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 06:18:44 PM »
The Human body Doesn't waste anything...Everything is either used or stored...The Human body is the perfect mechanism designed to live through times of famine, so it wants to store excess fuel for future needs...

This is only if you have assumed 100% digestion and absorbption across the intestinal villi - that never happens.

db2431 - you cannot calculate a precise value, there are too many variables involved affecting the pathway from ingestion to synthesis of lipid (e.g. differences in gastric transit times, digestion, absorption, hormonal profiles...)

The caloric values that are quoted on your boxes are usually "Atwater values" and are problematic to begin with. This alone could generate a 20 page discussion.

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 09:58:03 PM »
Depends on genetics.

There are other ways the body can get rid of excess fat and carbs
besides pooping as well.

Tatyana

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 10:52:58 PM »
Depends on genetics.

There are other ways the body can get rid of excess fat and carbs
besides pooping as well.

Your body does not poop our excess fats and carbs with the exception of

1. Lactase deficiency - carbs

2. Malabsorbtive syndrome -steatorrhoea - fats

Otherwise, excess calories are stored as glycogen, fat, or if your partioning ratios are great (muscle/fat ratio), some muscle.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 11:46:15 PM »

Don't tell all those pieces of corn I see that. ;D

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 12:13:49 AM »

how do you explain protein in the urine? serious question because I don't know.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 09:51:49 AM »
yes....al calories that are taken in excess will be stored as fat.

wrong again, as usual.

you seem to enjoy sticking your foot in your mouth time and again with unsound nutritional advise.

you seem to discount, or utterly ignore, or better yet know nothing about the role of the bodies metabolism and how it will adapt to burn off excess calories in the event of a caloric overload.

i'll make it simple for you, sport- ever been at the movies theater, 6 weeks out from a show and had a big bucket of popcorn? about half way thru eating it you'll be sweating. know why champ? - because your body has elevated its metabolism to burn off those calories.

stick to what you know, which is nothing for the most part, and think before making such stupid blanket statements and you'll avoid potentially embarrassing situations like this one in the future.

b

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 10:00:59 AM »
wrong again, as usual.

you seem to enjoy sticking your foot in your mouth time and again with unsound nutritional advise.

you seem to discount, or utterly ignore, or better yet know nothing about the role of the bodies metabolism and how it will adapt to burn off excess calories in the event of a caloric overload.

i'll make it simple for you, sport- ever been at the movies theater, 6 weeks out from a show and had a big bucket of popcorn? about half way thru eating it you'll be sweating. know why champ? - because your body has elevated its metabolism to burn off those calories.

stick to what you know, which is nothing for the most part, and think before making such stupid blanket statements and you'll avoid potentially embarrassing situations like this one in the future.

those wont be EXCESS calories then, will they?

fucking douchebag.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 10:28:48 AM »

LOL he is in timeout after 3 posts!!!
tank u jesus

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 11:15:26 AM »
yes....al calories that are taken in excess will be stored as fat. but..i know that your body cannot store amino acids...so any excess protein that you eat must first be changed into glucose before it can be stored as fat, and for every 2 grams of amino acids that your body converts into glucose..it yeilds only 1 gram of glucose. so you will only get half as many calories able to be stored as what you over consumed.....    im not sure on the conversion rate of glucose into fatty tissue though.

This is the only nutritional guru you should listen too. All other answers are obsolete. Hope that helps.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 11:18:54 AM »
LOL he is in timeout after 3 posts!!!

WTF? Read his 3 posts...why was he arrested? What could he possibly have done?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 12:24:36 PM »

fucking douchebag.

yes, they are.

fuck you're a retard.

stop posting.

seriously.

do you think people don't see how stupid you are, or do you just not care?

just curious.

b

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 12:27:01 PM »

WTF? Read his 3 posts...why was he arrested? What could he possibly have done?

yeah that has to be a new getbig record
X

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2007, 12:28:45 PM »

fucking douchebag.

You call him a fucking douchebag because he owned you badly? ::)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 12:43:42 PM »
yes, they are.

fuck you're a retard.

stop posting.

seriously.

do you think people don't see how stupid you are, or do you just not care?

just curious.

Good luck, he does not listen and resorts to name calling when you try to disagree.