Author Topic: Sopranos final episode - I feel cheated *Spoiler*  (Read 3680 times)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Sopranos final episode - I feel cheated *Spoiler*
« on: December 27, 2007, 03:37:47 AM »
The implication is that big T gets whacked but so much is (deliberately) left unanswered. For example..when T walks into the diner he is wearing a totally different shirt ...he then , I assume, sees himself sitting down in a totally different shirt with white stripes.. I don't understand the significance of this..is it a vision, or premonition?

Then, we don't actually know that guy at the bar who keeps looking round at the Sops will actually shoot him/them.

Seems to me like a cowardly end. No real clarity and they've left it open to make another series in a few years if no ones found any work.

Your thoughts?
O

Tazziedevil

• Getbig II
Re: Sopranos final episode - I feel cheated
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 04:27:29 AM »
I watched it religislously out here in Australia and have all the boxed series.  Feel cheated as F*&^K on the last episode.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 04:57:28 AM »
Am I correct in assuming it just debuted in Australia last night?
E

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 04:58:34 AM »
I'm really sorry if that's the case. Thought everyone had seen it by now.
O

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
Re: Sopranos final episode - I feel cheated *Spoiler*
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 05:02:53 AM »

you get whacked

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 05:04:17 AM »
I'm really sorry if that's the case. Thought everyone had seen it by now.

No, it was on many months ago here. I wasn't crazy about the ending, but it made sense. Especially considering they are filming a Sex and the City movie right now. Maybe they just wanted to leave the door open for a movie?
E

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 05:08:14 AM »
No, it was on many months ago here. I wasn't crazy about the ending, but it made sense. Especially considering they are filming a Sex and the City movie right now. Maybe they just wanted to leave the door open for a movie?

Agree totally they left the door open but none of it made sense to me (unless you mean it made sense to leave the door open, then I would agree). However, the ending was like a David Lynch movie..you think it might have some deep meaning to decipher but in fact, it doesn't.

I don't understand the significance of him walking in to the diner in a different shirt and then seeing himself sitting down in a different black and white striped shirt...is it a flashback, a vision, a premonition, is he already dead?

It is really driving me nuts..too cryptic!
O

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 05:12:31 AM »
Agree totally they left the door open but none of it made sense to me (unless you mean it made sense to leave the door open, then I would agree). However, the ending was like a David Lynch movie..you think it might have some deep meaning to decipher but in fact, it doesn't.

I don't understand the significance of him walking in to the diner in a different shirt and then seeing himself sitting down in a different black and white striped shirt...is it a flashback, a vision, a premonition, is he already dead?

It is really driving me nuts..too cryptic!
I just meant that it made sense to leave it open. It bothered me for a day or two as well, but then I kind of forgot about it. If you want a confusing show, try Lost. There like a million and one stories going on and they are all connected. As good as Sopranos is/was, I don't think it can hold a candle to Lost personally.
E

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 05:20:24 AM »
I used to love Lost - not as much as the Sops though.

In the end I stopped watching it as I felt they were just jerking us around and actually didn't themselves have a clue where the show was going next. There has to be some kind of fucking closure and explanation eventually..I honestly felt that Lost was just jerking my chain by the end. Loved the first 2 series.

O

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 05:39:33 AM »
I used to love Lost - not as much as the Sops though.

In the end I stopped watching it as I felt they were just jerking us around and actually didn't themselves have a clue where the show was going next. There has to be some kind of fucking closure and explanation eventually..I honestly felt that Lost was just jerking my chain by the end. Loved the first 2 series.

They know where they are going with Lost. It does get frustrating how slow it takes to get there sometimes, but it is usually worth the wait imo. I don't know how many episodes we are going to get this year though cuz of the writers strike.
E

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 05:51:10 AM »
welcome to last year
L

Tazziedevil

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 02:22:02 PM »
Yes, we do get things a lot later...!!!  Last episode here was about October

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 03:32:53 PM »
When it was being screened here I missed two episodes and couldn't find them online so I decided to wait until I got bought the DVD box set for Christmas.

Hence I have only just seen the final episode and it has screwed with my head..
O

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 06:01:07 PM »
you went nearly 7 months without knowing the ending?

E
E

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 12:14:35 AM »
What's Sopranos.
Q

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 09:52:57 PM »
The implication is that big T gets whacked but so much is (deliberately) left unanswered. For example..when T walks into the diner he is wearing a totally different shirt ...he then , I assume, sees himself sitting down in a totally different shirt with white stripes.. I don't understand the significance of this..is it a vision, or premonition?

Then, we don't actually know that guy at the bar who keeps looking round at the Sops will actually shoot him/them.

Seems to me like a cowardly end. No real clarity and they've left it open to make another series in a few years if no ones found any work.

Your thoughts?
I feel cheated in a lot of ways with the sopranos.  I wanted to know what happened to that interior decorator :D

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 09:54:22 PM »
I feel cheated in a lot of ways with the sopranos.  I wanted to know what happened to that interior decorator :D

How about Jesus, Melfis rapist? Or the Russian who got away in the woods?
E

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 10:48:45 PM »

How about Jesus, Melfis rapist? Or the Russian who got away in the woods?
that clip is about the russian who got away in the woods.  hands down my favorite episode.  I fucking died laughing my ass off when that aired.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 01:51:14 AM »
seriously, lets cut the freaking bullshit, we need more seasons of the sopranos... HBO is pure shit without it.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 01:56:49 AM »
I hated the ending. I am glad they left it open so they could bring it back,although I don't think they will.

I for one am upset that they never showed Meadow take it up the can. That bitch is hot.