Author Topic: 'god works in mysterious ways'  (Read 3533 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
'god works in mysterious ways'
« on: December 28, 2007, 08:38:47 PM »
on christmas day over here, a 5 year old girl got a bike for christmas, went outside to ride it, and was promptly smashed and killed by a truck. hows that for fucked up. a little girl, got a bike for christmas, goes outside to ride it, gets killed. can you imagine how her family is going to feel around christmas time every year for the rest of their lives?especially considering they got her that bike?

brutal christmas irony.

i simply dont see how this could be the best way an all-benevolent god could go about his plans.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
Re: 'god works in mysterious ways'
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 09:05:29 PM »
She did not suffer.  God needed her for a reason.  Let me point to Isiah 291:...

"Let the Child play as long as they may till the time of my calling cometh"

I hope this proves to the non-believers that yes God does work in mysterious ways.  His plan is bigger than we all know.

Bless You.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 08:26:33 AM »
She did not suffer.  God needed her for a reason.  Let me point to Isiah 291:...

"Let the Child play as long as they may till the time of my calling cometh"

I hope this proves to the non-believers that yes God does work in mysterious ways.  His plan is bigger than we all know.

Bless You.

BWHAHAHHA at first i thought you where serious and i was about to rip you a new asshold. but then the love of jeebus hit me.

i couldnt have planned her life any better, amen to god.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 08:38:54 AM »
Maybe God knew that later in life that this girl would grow up and not accept JC as her personal saviour and he would have no choice but to condem her to eternal suffering.  By killing her now while still "innocent" she goes straight to heaven and get's to enjoy the never ending party with Jesus and his Dad.

It all makes perfect sense

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 10:10:23 AM »

gimme a fucking break please  ::)
are you delusional?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 11:41:22 AM »
it's called sarcasm - although some on this site might take it seriously

OneBigMan

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 12:34:14 PM »
on christmas day over here, a 5 year old girl got a bike for christmas, went outside to ride it, and was promptly smashed and killed by a truck. hows that for fucked up. a little girl, got a bike for christmas, goes outside to ride it, gets killed. can you imagine how her family is going to feel around christmas time every year for the rest of their lives?especially considering they got her that bike?

brutal christmas irony.

i simply dont see how this could be the best way an all-benevolent god could go about his plans.

That just reminds me of how some people on the religious right strongly believe in...................... .....

God's Genocide >:( >:( >:(

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 02:32:32 PM »

brutal christmas irony.

Shit happens.  I think the notion of God having a plan for everything and/or working in mysterious ways was only conceived as an explanation for all the bad things that happen.  So I say again, shit happens, even if the shit is as terrible as this.
They do.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 09:19:47 PM »

brutal christmas irony.

DId she know how to ride a bike, was there parental supervision, was the driver speeding. So many factors. NOw what if she lived, would the folks thank God that she lived thru the ordeal, or was narrowly missed by the truck?

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 09:36:06 PM »
DId she know how to ride a bike, was there parental supervision, was the driver speeding. So many factors. NOw what if she lived, would the folks thank God that she lived thru the ordeal, or was narrowly missed by the truck?

She's still dead isn't she?  The factors don't mean a thing when there's a little girl who died on f-ing Christmas.
They do.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 10:49:28 PM »
She's still dead isn't she?  The factors don't mean a thing when there's a little girl who died on f-ing Christmas.

What, so people can't die on X-mas? Factors have a lot to do with it. If certain things didn't happen, chances are she would still be here. Maybe when she died, someone was born, so it balanced out, who knows, or something good might come out of it. Maybe now her death may bring the family or that community together. Some tiff some neighbor has with another has now been snuffed out, because they now see how petty it was, when the family down the street just lost their child. A father down the street may stop treating his kids like dirt, but learn to cherish every day he has with them. 

When i was younger, A girl I was friends with was run over by a speeding car. The girl had a ear infection and didn't hear the car. But due to her death, other children have been saved in our neighborhood  because a 25 MPH was posted and speed bumps  built.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 12:17:16 AM »
What, so people can't die on X-mas? Factors have a lot to do with it. If certain things didn't happen, chances are she would still be here. Maybe when she died, someone was born, so it balanced out, who knows, or something good might come out of it. Maybe now her death may bring the family or that community together. Some tiff some neighbor has with another has now been snuffed out, because they now see how petty it was, when the family down the street just lost their child. A father down the street may stop treating his kids like dirt, but learn to cherish every day he has with them. 

When i was younger, A girl I was friends with was run over by a speeding car. The girl had a ear infection and didn't hear the car. But due to her death, other children have been saved in our neighborhood  because a 25 MPH was posted and speed bumps  built.
fuck speed bumps

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 09:04:33 AM »

Ok, but what about every other pointless and meaningless crime or atrocity that happens all over the world?  What about Africa and all the shit that's happened and is happening to them?   Besides, you tell me how a five year old dying can serve ANY kind of moral purpose, including the fact that she's a five year old girl who has to be sacrificed for it, or every other child who has to die senselessly because some control-freak up in the sky says so.
They do.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 09:27:40 AM »
Ok, but what about every other pointless and meaningless crime or atrocity that happens all over the world?  What about Africa and all the shit that's happened and is happening to them?   Besides, you tell me how a five year old dying can serve ANY kind of moral purpose, including the fact that she's a five year old girl who has to be sacrificed for it, or every other child who has to die senselessly because some control-freak up in the sky says so.

Dude, that's the problem, I stopped questioning "Why", but "How".  I agree with what you are saying wholeheartedly. Somethings may seem pointless and meaningless, and leave our heads scratching. Like the Africa example, every continent has gone thru that period, but it is exacerbated by a "Give a Man a Fish" syndrome, instead of "Teach a Man How to Fish", as was said by someone on here before, you can have all the Live AID concerts you want, it still won't solve a  thing, when you have ignorant and uneducated fools coming to power and using said power to eradicate those ethnic groups that they have beef with or don't "like for some reason. 

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 10:08:07 AM »
Dude, that's the problem, I stopped questioning "Why", but "How".  I agree with what you are saying wholeheartedly. Somethings may seem pointless and meaningless, and leave our heads scratching. Like the Africa example, every continent has gone thru that period, but it is exacerbated by a "Give a Man a Fish" syndrome, instead of "Teach a Man How to Fish", as was said by someone on here before, you can have all the Live AID concerts you want, it still won't solve a  thing, when you have ignorant and uneducated fools coming to power and using said power to eradicate those ethnic groups that they have beef with or don't "like for some reason. 

When you stop questioning the why and only the how, you start to lose what makes you a free thinker (And I mean this entire paragraph hypothetically).  Or maybe that's just my opinion.  Questioning "How" that Africa situation will help anyone doesn't do anything.  Questioning "Why" it needs help lets you change the only thing you can change in that situation: the problem you have within yourself.  You talk about how there are "ignorant and uneducated fools coming to power and using said power to eradicate those ethnic groups that they have beef with or don't 'like for some reason'", so why don't you change whatever part of this resembles you?  For instance, maybe you don't like someone... why?  Is that reason really that important?  So why not just forgive them?

All I'm saying is that questioning how may help someone sleep at night, but finding why leads to change.
They do.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 11:26:13 AM »
When you stop questioning the why and only the how, you start to lose what makes you a free thinker (And I mean this entire paragraph hypothetically).  Or maybe that's just my opinion.  Questioning "How" that Africa situation will help anyone doesn't do anything.  Questioning "Why" it needs help lets you change the only thing you can change in that situation: the problem you have within yourself.  You talk about how there are "ignorant and uneducated fools coming to power and using said power to eradicate those ethnic groups that they have beef with or don't 'like for some reason'", so why don't you change whatever part of this resembles you?  For instance, maybe you don't like someone... why?  Is that reason really that important?  So why not just forgive them?

All I'm saying is that questioning how may help someone sleep at night, but finding why leads to change.

I get what you are saying, and I am a  really big on asking "why", but I think we get caught up on the "Why", I think what I'm trying to say, is we must look at the "why" from different angles, view points. Why do innocent children die, I don't know, but, what were the circumstances of of why that girl died on X-mas? Lack of parental guidance, was it her first bike, did she disobey her parents and went out during a busy time of the day? That is what I'm talking about the "How".

And I agree with your last statement, whole-heartedly.

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 12:35:31 PM »
I get what you are saying, and I am a  really big on asking "why", but I think we get caught up on the "Why", I think what I'm trying to say, is we must look at the "why" from different angles, view points. Why do innocent children die, I don't know, but, what were the circumstances of of why that girl died on X-mas? Lack of parental guidance, was it her first bike, did she disobey her parents and went out during a busy time of the day? That is what I'm talking about the "How".

And I agree with your last statement, whole-heartedly.

I see.
They do.