Author Topic: MY DEADLIFT FOR REPS VIDEO 1... UNDER NEW GUIDELINES.. AND GOODMORNINGS WITH 315  (Read 11321 times)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Wow. Good work twat. You've also totally convinced me never to attempt to do this kind of stuff. I can see pieces of me all over the gym if I ever tried.   :D

Thats not very nice! ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Thats not very nice! ;D
Hehe. I see what you did there.  >:(     :D

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
First of all great lifts...

2nd of all..Their are reasons that good mornings fell out of fashion...Go to ironage and you will hear of many old timers complaining about fucked up backs because of them...

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
Bad ass WT..........props to all you guys that are stepping up.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Strong as an ox.

Good work.

8)

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
That was impressive, but you looked like you had at least 20 left in you. Remember you can rest standing up.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
That was impressive, but you looked like you had at least 20 left in you. Remember you can rest standing up.
Yeah I cut it loose after a minute... I was going for a minute limit... again just for kicks.. and resting in the top isn't that easy. You're still supporting the weight. I noticed that I get alot lower on heavier pulls. I think I could get 60 total or a little more. I'll do it again for 3 minutes and go for broke.

I'm not sure why everyone is giving me props for 40 reps...magoo hit 50 within the time limit.. but at least no one is calling my lifts shit this time!  ;D

slayer

• Getbig IV
dude those are pratically stiff legged deadlifts with a microscopic knee bend.

the first 1/4 of a deadlift should be all thighs wich should start at about 45 degrees,then the following 1/2 is a combination of thighs and back finished off by the 1/4 back.

think of the first 1/4 of the lift as a squat!

A deadlift is meant to build the entire body, what your doing is pratically cutting off the lower half of the lift.

whatever you did was impressive , but thats not a deadlift!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
I'm not sure why everyone is giving me props for 40 reps...magoo hit 50 within the time limit.. but at least no one is calling my lifts shit this time!  ;D

I believe you spoke too soon! ::)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
I believe you spoke too soon! ::)

HAHA took 3 pages this time!  ;D

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition

the first 1/4 of a deadlift should be all thighs wich should start at about 45 degrees,then the following 1/2 is a combination of thighs and back finished off by the 1/4 back.

A deadlift is meant to build the entire body, what your doing is pratically cutting off the lower half of the lift.

Thanks o' great training guru... ::)

w

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?

::)

the dude knocked out 225x40 in about a minute and does a single with over 650. i'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

wicked, my 50 is hardly more impressive than your 40. i rested for a while after 20, 10, and 10. though i have a feeling i might be able to match 40 and keep going if i really buckle down, i sure as hell won't get it as fast as you.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum

the dude knocked out 225x40 in about a minute and does a single with over 650. i'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

wicked, my 50 is hardly more impressive than your 40. i rested for a while after 20, 10, and 10. though i have a feeling i might be able to match 40 and keep going if i really buckle down, i sure as hell won't get it as fast as you.

I think the resting doesn't take much from the overall impressiveness.  You just need to be mindful that the 50 were not consecutive and included a rest.  I think it was still a very good lift.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
I think the resting doesn't take much from the overall impressiveness.  You just need to be mindful that the 50 were not consecutive and included a rest.  I think it was still a very good lift.

you're no slouch yourself, matt.

slayer

• Getbig IV

he could knock out 2 weeks without stopping ,its still a stifflegged deadlift with a tiny knee bend not a real deadlift!

I havent watched yours or matts , but since your defending I am sures yours are good ol stiff legged deadlifts to!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
he could knock out 2 weeks without stopping ,its still a stifflegged deadlift with a tiny knee bend not a real deadlift!

I havent watched yours or matts , but since your defending I am sures yours are good ol stiff legged deadlifts to!

As long as you're not going sumo, what does it matter?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
aren't good mornings done with more of a stiff leg?

regardless, good lifts...

slayer

• Getbig IV
As long as you're not going sumo, what does it matter?
its impressive his back can move that much wieght , but just dont call it a deadlift..

this is a deadlift, watch the ass and thighs..

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
aren't good mornings done with more of a stiff leg?

regardless, good lifts...

there's about six ways to do them. straight legged, arched back, rounded back, wide stance, seated, concentric-only...

all that matters is that you use them as a hip-flexion movement. when the weight gets heavy it's impossible to avoid a little knee bending simply because of the physics of the lift. otherwise you'd tip over.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
there's about six ways to do them. straight legged, arched back, rounded back, wide stance, seated, concentric-only...

all that matters is that you use them as a hip-flexion movement. when the weight gets heavy it's impossible to avoid a little knee bending simply because of the physics of the lift. otherwise you'd tip over.

Zach_G85,

This is extremely important viewing for ANYONE living in Gulag, USA:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2971929760970781109
Bodybuilding Pro.com

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
its impressive his back can move that much wieght , but just dont call it a deadlift..

this is a deadlift, watch the ass and thighs..

that's also 155 pounds. here's a REAL deadlift. it was a world record at the time. notice how much back he uses.

slayer

• Getbig IV
that's also 155 pounds. here's a REAL deadlift. it was a world record at the time. notice how much back he uses.

hes still using his thighs and ass to move the first part of the lift even though its not as deep as the vid I put up.

the guy that posted his deads on this thread is starting the lift right out of the shute with 225 using his back.If he did the last few reps like that I would not have a problem with it , but starting right off like that to me is not much of a deadlift at that weight.

If the guy does 600lbs , I would think he would have to use some leg drive to move that weight unless he just always did them this way and built a exstremely strong  back. so I guess he did them like that just for speed or something.

ok I watched  a few reps of magoos, thats a great deadlift ...

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
the thing is, slayer, if you're using the deadlift to target muscle groups then sure, wicked's form may not be optimal in the same way that a powerlifter's bench form won't work for someone trying to target his chest.

however, if your goal is to pull a heavy bar off the floor, then hip depth is pretty subjective. my hips need to get activated a little to make the lift, but i'm also pulling a lot less than wicked. given a choice, i'd rather be able to rip 650 off the floor but have it look more like a stiff-leg deadlift than have "perfect" deadlift form and be stuck in the low 500s.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
However you get the weight off the floor its a DL.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
Magoo, fuck the little pussies who want to talk shit about people who are way stronger than they will ever be.

Wicked, great work!  
w