Author Topic: Hillary Clinton's "don't ask" policy  (Read 722 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Hillary Clinton's "don't ask" policy
« on: December 29, 2007, 11:09:41 AM »
She only takes questions from people she gives them too.   :)

Hillary Clinton's "don't ask" policy

As she races through Iowa in the days before next week's caucuses, Hillary Clinton is taking few chances. She tells crowds that it’s their turn to “pick a president,’’ but over the last two days she has not invited them to ask her any questions.

Before the brief Christmas break, the New York senator had been setting aside time after campaign speeches to hear from the audience. Now when she’s done speaking, her theme songs blare from loudspeakers, preventing any kind of public Q&A.

She was no more inviting when a television reporter approached her after a rally on Thursday and asked if she was “moved’’ by Benazir Bhutto’s assassination. Clinton turned away without answering.

Her daughter, Chelsea, had the same reaction when a reporter approached her with a question.

Hillary Clinton’s no-question policy didn’t sit well with some of the Iowans who came to see her speak.

“I was a little bit underwhelmed,’’ said Doug Rohde, 46, as he left her a rally in a fire station in Denison. “The message was very generic -- and no questions.’’

Clinton campaign officials said that she may take questions in the coming days. But her focus is on seeing as many voters as possible before the caucuses next Thursday -- and spotlighting the messages she wants to deliver.

Spokespeople for her two main rivals in the Hawkeye State -– John Edwards and Barack Obama -– said the candidates would continue fielding questions as they troll for support.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2007/12/clintons-dont-a.html

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Hillary Clinton's "don't ask" policy
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 12:52:24 PM »
I had a crush on Chelsea Clinton back in the day....

Ozark

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 01:53:06 PM »
The more question's Hillary answers, the more she drops in the polls :o

Maybe her advisor's figured they'd better shut her up from answering hard questions

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 03:37:33 PM »
Has anyone noticed that a wife of a former president is running for president herself? Think for a minute how rediculous that sounds....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 06:33:51 PM »
Not much different than the son of a former president running for office. 

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 11:33:01 PM »
I know, its plain insanity

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 11:37:18 PM »
Sounds like a good plan to me. You can't be made a fool of by someone's question if there are none.

"Fool me once....shame on.. :-\ .fool me once can't get fooled again."