Author Topic: Fox News Fascism – Ron Paul Excluded From Debates  (Read 4160 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Fox News Fascism – Ron Paul Excluded From Debates
« on: December 29, 2007, 03:46:35 PM »

Fox News Fascism – Ron Paul Excluded From Debates
December 29, 2007

Fox News has made its bones off of being a fake news agency. Everyone knows it. While it worked for several years the shine has begun to diminish and the people are waking up to the real damage it can do to mainstream media. Granted, most mainstream media is really no better than Fox News, as they are all corporately controlled by companies that are in bed with the war machine. MSNBC is learning the lessons now as such obviously biased hosts such as Joe Scarborough and Tucker Carlson have failed miserably next to the more honest Keith Olbermann. America is slowly coming around to the notion that news should actually be fundamentally fair. Fox of course has been notoriously unfair and imbalanced for years now. Thus it should come as no surprise that Fox News has decided to once again try to subvert the democratic process by excluding Dr. Ron Paul from their upcoming GOP debate in New Hampshire.

This is what happens when people try to laugh off the power a Fox News can have. Because they have been tolerated as being “real”; they have been at the table to host debates. The first GOP debate hosted by Fox was a lesson in bias. On the stage were eight men who were battling over who could blow the world up better, and Dr. Paul. Fox tried their best to marginalize Paul as best they could. He received half the amount of questions as everyone else. You could hear Fox jack up the volume on the other candidates’ microphones when Paul was responding so the snickering could be heard loud and clear. At one point, in a moment that should be embarrassing for news professionals everywhere, the moderator asked a follow up question to Paul that said, “So you take your marching orders from al Qaeda?” Paul swiftly slapped Chris “fake news guy” Wallace back into line by saying he took his orders from the Constitution. Yet after all of this Fox also tried to stack the post debate against Paul as well. They had seen how Dr. Paul was winning all of the online polling after each previous debate so they switched the method. Instead of voting online, you had to text in who you thought won the Fox debate. Lo and behold, Ron Paul was crushing his competition yet again, much to the dismay of Sean Hannity who exclaimed, “Oh no not again, Ron Paul did not win this debate!”

Apparently Fox has figured out how to deal with the Paul phenomena this time around though; they have excluded him from the debates altogether. Never mind that he is polling higher in New Hampshire then some of the others who were invited. Never mind that he has out performed all of his competition in fundraising, WITHOUT taking lobbyist/corporate monies. Never mind that he raised six million dollars in one day. The issue is simply to subvert democracy and have a fake news agency tell you who you can listen to for presidential candidates. It is beyond appalling, it is sickening. I do not care if you are right or left, republican or progressive; you must be disgusted by this move to try and willfully interfere with our electoral processes.

Let’s face it; we know why Fox has taken this tact. First, Ron Paul is the only one who has a different opinion then the rest of the GOP crowd. Fox wants the consistent message of the neocon sent at the debates. Iraq is going great, Iran should be blown up next, and only the big strong republicans can protect you from the boogey-man…and Hillary. Fox does not want to hear Dr. Paul injecting sanity into the debate. They do not want to hear how it is unconstitutional to go to war without congressional approval. They do not want to hear about how the country is broke and we need to pay down the debt. They do not want to hear anything that diverts from the script they have orchestrated.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, the machine is scared. They are scared of the momentum they see Ron Paul generating from a real grassroots effort. They are scared of the message that says it is not ok to blow up other countries for the profit of a few. They are scared of the message that says civil liberties matter. They are scared because they see that someone may get elected who understands the precarious situation we are in with our currency. They are scared because all of their efforts to mock and marginalize, to ignore and dismiss have only further emboldened the cause for liberty.

Regardless of the reasons though, it is a dark day for our democracy when any news agency, even a fake one, can purposefully and maliciously try to affect the outcome of a presidential election. I have read that Fox News will be embarrassed if Paul ends up winning the New Hampshire primary despite this blackout. Nonsense. Fox News does not care about being embarrassed. They have been an embarrassment for a decade and they do not care. That is how Rupert Murdoch operates. He does not care about appearance or reputation. He cares only about imposing his narrow-uber-conservative view upon the world. He does not care how he does it.

I would call for a boycott of Fox News but no one really takes them seriously. Just remember this point in history America. The machine is now telling you who you can even listen to and the rest of the media is complicit in their silence over it. There are many waypoints on the road to fascism and today we are staring at yet another. Dr. Paul has warned us repeatedly about the fascist state we are heading more deeply into. I guess that message was heard loud and clear by the fascists who have no decided to try and silence him. Liberty and freedom however have a way of rising above the white noise generated by the machine that seeks to stifle them. I pray that continues to happen in the face of the blatant undermining of everything we stand for as a nation.

Anthony Wade, a contributing writer to opednews.com, is dedicated to educating the populace to the lies and abuses of the government. He is a 40-year-old independent writer from New York with political commentary articles seen on multiple websites. A Christian progressive and professional Rehabilitation Counselor working with the poor and disabled, Mr. Wade believes that you can have faith and hold elected officials accountable for lies and excess.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_anthony__071229_fox_news_fascism__96_r.htm

think they will let him back in? or will he remain blacked out?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Fox News Fascism – Ron Paul Excluded From Debates
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 04:12:21 PM »
can any people here defend pulling Paul?

He is polling ahead of many who are invited.
He has more $ than many who are invited.
He is strawpolled to WIN in 18 states today.
He was on Meet the Press last week.

Why would FOX not invite him?  Anyone?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »
come to think of it...

most fox viewers are already hardcore mitt/rudy guys, although huck is stealing them and most have heard of RP by now.

What this does is give more NATIONAL attention to Ron Paul.  And it motivates the shit out of his base volunteers and supporters, who need a machine to rage against.  FOX is giving it to them.  People on all sides of the aisle will question why he's excluded.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 04:19:49 PM »
can any people here defend pulling Paul?

He is polling ahead of many who are invited.
He has more $ than many who are invited.
He is strawpolled to WIN in 18 states today.
He was on Meet the Press last week.

Why would FOX not invite him?  Anyone?

He might remind people how they're getting fucked ever day of their lives by the Neo Con's or say something else that's not acceptable to Faux New's

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 04:20:46 PM »
come to think of it...

most fox viewers are already hardcore mitt/rudy guys, although huck is stealing them and most have heard of RP by now.

What this does is give more NATIONAL attention to Ron Paul.  And it motivates the shit out of his base volunteers and supporters, who need a machine to rage against.  FOX is giving it to them.  People on all sides of the aisle will question why he's excluded.

Rudy and Rupert go waaaayyyyy back

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 06:29:56 PM »
So who is being invited?  I really don't see what the fuss is about.  According to Fox News polls and others, Paul has no shot to win either the New Hampshire primary or the Republican nomination. 

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/FOX_NH-2_DEC_RELEASE_WEB.pdf

http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08rep.htm

http://mpinkeyes.wordpress.com/2007/12/05/latest-new-hampshire-republican-presidential-primary-poll-1205/

According the Fox poll, Romney, McCain, Rudy, and Huckabee are in contention in New Hampshire.  Paul is in the back of the pack with Thompson, Tancredo, and Hunter. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 06:34:25 PM »
So who is being invited?  I really don't see what the fuss is about.  According to Fox News polls and others, Paul has no shot to win either the New Hampshire primary or the Republican nomination. 

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/FOX_NH-2_DEC_RELEASE_WEB.pdf

http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08rep.htm

http://mpinkeyes.wordpress.com/2007/12/05/latest-new-hampshire-republican-presidential-primary-poll-1205/

According the Fox poll, Romney, McCain, Rudy, and Huckabee are in contention in New Hampshire.  Paul is in the back of the pack with Thompson, Tancredo, and Hunter. 
tancredo isn't in the race

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 07:06:07 PM »
More:

The “fair and balanced” FOX News has officially given Ron Paul the finger. They have excluded him from a debate on January 6th in New Hampshire, 2 days prior to the New Hampshire Primary. The good thing is that Ron Paul is fighting back along with his army of supporters.

From Boston.com:

PLAISTOW, N.H. — Ron Paul said the decision to exclude him from a debate on Fox News Sunday the weekend before the New Hampshire Primary is proof that the network “is scared” of him.

“They are scared of me and don’t want my message to get out, but it will,” Paul said in an interview at a diner here. “They are propagandists for this war and I challenge them on the notion that they are conservative.”

Paul’s staff said they are beginning to plan a rally that will take place at the same time the 90-minute debate will air on television. It will be taped at Saint Anselm College in Goffstown.

“They will not win this skirmish,” he promised.

The Fox debate occurs less than 24 hours after two back to back Republican and Democratic debates on the same campus sponsored by ABC News, WMUR-TV and the social networking website Facebook.

Paul, the Republican Texas Congressman, was wrapping up his final day of campaigning in New Hampshire until the Iowa Caucuses on Thursday.

He spent much of the day campaigning at diners in Manchester and Plaistow and downtown walks in Derry and Exeter.

The Ron Paul Forums, blogs, mailing lists, and websites are all up in arms over the exclusion. What is perplexing is that Fred Thompson has been invited and he is consistently polling lower than Ron Paul in New Hampshire polls. In fact he’s at 2% to Paul’s 8% in FOX News’ own poll. The letters WTF come to mind.

Is FOX News truly afraid of Ron Paul? It’s difficult to believe otherwise.

I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 07:06:20 PM »
tancredo isn't in the race

Yes, he dropped out last week (20 Dec).  The Fox News poll in the first link, which shows Paul at 8 percent, is dated 14 Dec.  Second link, which shows Paul at 3 percent, is dated 18-19 Dec.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 07:38:13 PM »
Ron Paul is with the terrorists.

They want him to win the nomination so we can pull out of the war on terror.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 09:56:12 AM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 10:59:13 AM »
He (and Kucinich too) might be higher if they weren't ostracized by the media.   

Fuck Fox Noise - I don't want Ruperty Murdoch telling me who is a "legitimate" candidate

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 12:23:30 PM »
yeah, at the least, we've wondered why we continually hear Hannity and others mock Paul... accusing his fans of being able to rig every onilne poll, etc.  You'd think the candidates with MONEY would be able to do it, eh? ;)

I've never been one to question polling validity, but in a world where the military admits they put out disinfo to influence public perception, and the media in this case is attempting to influence election outcome, you have to wonder....

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 03:32:18 PM »
He's up to 5 percent in Iowa. 

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2007/Dec/30/br/br1039846275.html
After all the primaries, that's the magic number to be included on the ballot to run as an independent.

str8-T

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 04:09:16 PM »
even though many right wingers despise his views...I believe Ron Paul is a true republican. He wants low taxes, less government spending, and he wants to tackle domestic problems...I think his ideas are a fresh change.. as for Fox news...well they're news programs can hardly be considered unbiased journalism...
they should let him speak his mind and argue his points.. the American public should hear new options...because obviously what we have been doing the past couple of years hasnt been working..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 04:44:41 PM »
even though many right wingers despise his views...I believe Ron Paul is a true republican. He wants low taxes, less government spending, and he wants to tackle domestic problems...I think his ideas are a fresh change..

Correct.

Many people here - like beach bum and Mr Intenseone - voted for Clinton in 92 and 96.  THis means their first 'taste' of republican party was the neoconservative element that arose in 2001.

THey don't know what the party used to be aboue - small govt interference, strong constitution, no nationbuilding, and small govt spending.  Remember when the DEMS were the spend-happy, constitution-hating idiots who wanted to fix every country but our own?

My, how the times have changed.

str8-T

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 05:20:00 PM »
yeah a lot sure has changed...and not for the better...makes me not want to go back to the USA

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 06:29:26 PM »
After all the primaries, that's the magic number to be included on the ballot to run as an independent.

Requirements for getting on the ballot vary from state to state, but there is no way a candidate can wait till after the primaries and run a successful campaign.  Way too late.  It's probably already too late for an independent to make a serious run. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 07:04:10 PM »
Requirements for getting on the ballot vary from state to state, but there is no way a candidate can wait till after the primaries and run a successful campaign.  Way too late.  It's probably already too late for an independent to make a serious run. 

interesting... does anyone know when Perot entered?  He earned almost 20% of the popular vote and while he carried no electoral votes, he sure as hell handed the election to Clinton.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 08:47:39 PM »
interesting... does anyone know when Perot entered?  He earned almost 20% of the popular vote and while he carried no electoral votes, he sure as hell handed the election to Clinton.

The electoral college is corrupt!
I hate the State.

str8-T

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 08:52:42 PM »

yeah then I remember everyone was bitching about ross perot taking away votes

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 10:28:29 PM »
I'm not sold on Ron Paul even though I like some of the stuff he says

he's much more of a libertarian than a republican

I think fox is afraid of him but they would be better off letting him participate in the debate

he doesn't have a chance of getting the republican nomination but he could be like the crazy old uncle in the corner

by excluding him I think they make it a story and that makes him look stronger

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 06:40:26 AM »
yeah then I remember everyone was bitching about ross perot taking away votes

That was such bullshit. Perot didn't take anything away. Voters wanted an alternative to the typical Dem/Repub garbage.

No vote is a wasted vote if you truly believe in what your candidate stands for.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 08:18:25 AM »
That was such bullshit. Perot didn't take anything away. Voters wanted an alternative to the typical Dem/Repub garbage.

No vote is a wasted vote if you truly believe in what your candidate stands for.

I agree no vote is a wasted vote - unless it's Ohio 2004 where they were never counted -

But Perot did statistically take away a lot more votes from bush than clinton, and Bush1 would had won if Perot hadn't entered.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 08:24:16 AM »
  It's really a shame that the 9/11 hijackers didn't hit the Fux Noise building rather than the twin towers.