Author Topic: Pats make history  (Read 3614 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Pats make history
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 05:06:16 PM »
I thought Moss was going to be a cancer in the locker room. I didn't want him. man oh man was I 100 percent wrong on all counts.

Give it a year or two... then say you were wrong.

body88

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2007, 06:05:21 AM »
Give it a year or two... then say you were wrong.

I have given him a whole year. It has been seventeen NFL weeks and also a 4 week preseason. Moss is scrutinized by the media day in and day out in Boston. He has gone through tough times this year also. Jaws accuses him of dogging it ( to try and get a rise out of him). Moss says nothing. The Media continues to  take shots at him for no reason. Periods in which he was not getting the ball. Games where he was triple teamed and did not catch a lot of balls. Through it all he has been a great team player. Nothing short of a great guy. His teamates love him , the coaches love him , and the fans love him. Moss has played out of his mind and is still one of the best recievers in the game. I was wrong about Moss. The pats clich'e is that the locker room governes itself with the vets. It's true. The same stuff was said about Corey Dillon and Brain Cox that was said about Moss. Dillon was great when he played here.

Being in a bad situation like Oakland can mess with a guy. Just look at LT this year. AT the start of the season he was throwing hissy fits on the sidelines and melting down all over the place. That is supposed to be a classy player.

Give Moss his due he has earned it.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2007, 06:09:14 AM »
I thought Moss was going to be a cancer in the locker room. I didn't want him. man oh man was I 100 percent wrong on all counts.

The media can do a lot to vilify someone.

Oh btw you where 100 percent right about Asante. I forgot to tell you I was wrong about that to. He is elite. Truly elite.

Body88  who did the Pats get this year that they didn't have last year that helped them to be such a complete team? I mean they were obviously one of the top two last year also...but not like they are this year,in my opinion. Was it just injuries last year or did they make some changes to the squad this year? Sorry I only keep up with the Indy team I don't follow the whole league the way some of you guys do.

p.s. I was reading a PATRIOTS message board the other day...someone on there had a screen name of "SATAN MANNING"   :D  I want Ron to make that my handle here.

body88

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2007, 07:15:49 AM »

Body88  who did the Pats get this year that they didn't have last year that helped them to be such a complete team? I mean they were obviously one of the top two last year also...but not like they are this year,in my opinion. Was it just injuries last year or did they make some changes to the squad this year? Sorry I only keep up with the Indy team I don't follow the whole league the way some of you guys do.

p.s. I was reading a PATRIOTS message board the other day...someone on there had a screen name of "SATAN MANNING"   :D  I want Ron to make that my handle here.

Whats up bro?

The pats mostly remade there wr core. Last years team was good but the wr core was lacking badly. Caldwell dropped several passes that could have took them to another sb in the championship game last year. There where a lot of injuries last year also. Especially in the afc championship game.

The pats added Sammy Morris to replace Corey Dillon. Kyle Brady to replace Daniel Graham who left for Denver. Moss to replace Reche Caldwell , who is currently riding the pine in Washington. Welker was added for a injured Troy Brown who will retire this year. Stallworth was picked up as a Branch type replacement who left a few years back for Seattle. Gaffney is a former Texans player who is in his second year as a pat and turning out to be a nice player.

Adalius Thomas was the only defensive addition.

Also several pats players who where drafted within the last few years are really starting to come into there own. Login Mankins who was taken in the first round a few years back has emerged as a pro bowl guard. James sanders from Fresno has turned into a great player. Asante Samuel solidifying himself as a elite corner. The offensive line as a whole hitting there stride. Matt Light / Koppen playing at a pro bowl level. Vrabel playing his natural position instead of subbing for injury. Maroney has a 4.5 ypc avg and over 800 yards rushing only touching the ball 180 times. A mix of both really. Far less injuries also.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2007, 07:18:27 AM »

The media can do a lot to vilify someone.

Oh btw you where 100 percent right about Asante. I forgot to tell you I was wrong about that to. He is elite. Truly elite.

The Pats are going to have to dig deep in their pockets to keep him. He actually might command more money next offseason as silly as it sounds. I think he leaves as a free agent because he could command Nate Clements type money. Some team out there will throw a silly contract offer at him.

body88

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 07:20:06 AM »
The Pats are going to have to dig deep in their pockets to keep him. He actually might command more money next offseason as silly as it sounds. I think he leaves as a free agent because he could command Nate Clements type money. Some team out there will throw a silly contract offer at him.

Thats prolly the scenario. I would love to keep him , but he will prob be offered a massive contract by another team. The pats are pretty good at picking up corners and they have a lot of picks this year so we shall see.

Either way you where right about him. I thought he was more a product of coaching and sceme. I was wrong.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 07:21:09 AM »
I have given him a whole year. It has been seventeen NFL weeks and also a 4 week preseason. Moss is scrutinized by the media day in and day out in Boston. He has gone through tough times this year also. Jaws accuses him of dogging it ( to try and get a rise out of him). Moss says nothing. The Media continues to  take shots at him for no reason. Periods in which he was not getting the ball. Games where he was triple teamed and did not catch a lot of balls. Through it all he has been a great team player. Nothing short of a great guy. His teamates love him , the coaches love him , and the fans love him. Moss has played out of his mind and is still one of the best recievers in the game. I was wrong about Moss. The pats clich'e is that the locker room governes itself with the vets. It's true. The same stuff was said about Corey Dillon and Brain Cox that was said about Moss. Dillon was great when he played here.

Being in a bad situation like Oakland can mess with a guy. Just look at LT this year. AT the start of the season he was throwing hissy fits on the sidelines and melting down all over the place. That is supposed to be a classy player.

Give Moss his due he has earned it.

To be honest, winning certainly changes things. Whenever Moss was on losing teams, he was a constant headache. Same with T.O.

Notice that those two haven't made headlines this season. The reason? They're WINNING. I can guarantee that if those two were on losing teams this year, Moss and T.O would be a huge pain in the ass to their teams.

body88

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 07:22:49 AM »
To be honest, winning certainly changes things. Whenever Moss was on losing teams, he was a constant headache. Same with T.O.

Notice that those two haven't made headlines this season. The reason? They're WINNING. I can guarantee that if those two were on losing teams this year, Moss and T.O would be a huge pain in the ass to their teams.

Prolly would have run over a meter made or two by now  ;)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 07:24:37 AM »

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2007, 07:24:46 AM »

The money these guys make is just so ridiculous . They should share some with us. >:(

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 07:34:21 AM »

The money these guys make is just so ridiculous . They should share some with us. >:(

True, but compared with the salaries that NBA and MLB players make on average, the NFL doesn't hold a candle in comparison. Combine that with the fact that the majority of NFL contracts have less than 50% of the money guaranteed. A lot of the big money is back loaded too to keep it salary cap-friendly. Once a player contract reached those back loaded years, their teams will usually ask the player to take a paycut or renegotiate.

I actually think NFL players are underpaid considering how much money the NFL generates versus NBA and MLB. Plus, NFL players get injured more and their teams are always grooming and scouting your replacement every year. Some players are exceptions like Manning and Brady but those types of players aren't that abundant in the NFL.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2007, 07:44:45 AM »
True, but compared with the salaries that NBA and MLB players make on average, the NFL doesn't hold a candle in comparison. Combine that with the fact that the majority of NFL contracts have less than 50% of the money guaranteed. A lot of the big money is back loaded too to keep it salary cap-friendly. Once a player contract reached those back loaded years, their teams will usually ask the player to take a paycut or renegotiate.

I actually think NFL players are underpaid considering how much money the NFL generates versus NBA and MLB. Plus, NFL players get injured more and their teams are always grooming and scouting your replacement every year. Some players are exceptions like Manning and Brady but those types of players aren't that abundant in the NFL.

What do you mean by "back loaded" ? and what kind of stipulation do they put on a contract that only gaurentees only 50% ? Do you mean something like if they get injured and can't play?

I have never heard what Manning gets paid. I heard the other day that Bob Sanders got a new contract worth I think 37 million over 3 years. ..I might be off on the numbers but I think that's what I read somewhere.

body88

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2007, 07:58:21 AM »
   What do you mean by "back loaded" ? and what kind of stipulation do they put on a contract that only gaurentees only 50% ? Do you mean something like if they get injured and can't play?

I have never heard what Manning gets paid. I heard the other day that Bob Sanders got a new contract worth I think 37 million over 3 years. ..I might be off on the numbers but I think that's what I read somewhere.

The term backloaded is used to describe structuring a contract where most of the money that the deal is worth, is paid out over the end of a contract At the end of backloaded contract's most of the time the player is not with the team.The player is cut, traded , or the player is asked to restructure for less money.

The only money that matter's is guaranteed money.You can also front load a contract.

When you see player "a" get a contract stating they will make 80 million over five years , look at the signing bonus and the guaranteed money. If the player is gauranteed 20 million dollars over the contract that is the only money player a is guaranteed to earn. The rest is incentives and or money that the team never expects to pay.

Guts is right about NFL salaries. Considering what the NFL makes , and what other pro athletes make , they are getting screwed.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 08:11:16 AM »

Guts is right about NFL salaries. Considering what the NFL makes , and what other pro athletes make , they are getting screwed.

I see your point, but they can screw me like that anytime they want. :)

Too bad I can't play ball.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2007, 03:34:16 PM »
Congrats to the Pats....I hope the Bye will allow them to forget all that crap and concentrate on winning the next 3. I think not having Morris has hurt them despite Maurony's recent success. I think once the regular line..with Kazur and Neil as well as Brady...back and blocking, I think they will have better success. I think the defense played vanilla much of that game. They only really began to pressure manning  in the fourth quarter. The Giants picked up injuries along the line but the Pats didn't go after him until late. I think they had to balance winning the game with watching how much they show going into the playoffs.
L

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2007, 03:39:41 PM »
Congrats to the Pats....I hope the Bye will allow them to forget all that crap and concentrate on winning the next 3. I think not having Morris has hurt them despite Maurony's recent success. I think once the regular line..with Kazur and Neil as well as Brady...back and blocking, I think they will have better success. I think the defense played vanilla much of that game. They only really began to pressure manning  in the fourth quarter. The Giants picked up injuries along the line but the Pats didn't go after him until late. I think they had to balance winning the game with watching how much they show going into the playoffs.

The thing about Eli Manning is when they blitz, he takes off backwards running for his life...LOL f**king chicken. :D

P.S. Is it legal to tackle a guy by his hair? I was wondering that looking at Maurony's

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2007, 03:47:47 PM »
There are guys alot worse then him.....Marion Barber is about the same....and GTbro..I own a "Manning is satan shirt. Get urs on chowdahedz ;D
L

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2007, 03:49:41 PM »
There are guys alot worse then him.....Marion Barber is about the same....and GTbro..I own a "Manning is satan shirt. Get urs on chowdahedz ;D

I want RON to change my handle to   "SATAN MANNING "