Author Topic: CHUCK LIDDEL fight  (Read 4877 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
CHUCK LIDDEL fight
« on: December 30, 2007, 12:36:24 AM »
DISCUSS.

I missed it cause I watched the Patriots game. ;D

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: CHUCK LIDDEL fight
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 01:05:10 AM »
Ehhh.  Wand was way too hesitant early in the fight.  I guess this could set up some good non title fights for Wand though.  Wand v. Tito II,  Wand v Vitor II, or Wand v Soku would all be good fights.

I guess this puts Chuck in a fight with either Lyoto or Thiago,  Either one would be good.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 04:15:04 AM »
That fight was WEAK.
!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 04:20:27 AM »
I am watching it on youtube right now.

[/youtube]

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 04:49:32 AM »
good fight. the old wand is gone. that and the advantage the octagon brings made all the difference.
Z

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 06:48:07 AM »
Great fight

Wandy fans can't give Chuck any credit for a good win
RIP Bob Probert

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 06:55:07 AM »
good fight. the old wand is gone. that and the advantage the octagon brings made all the difference.

I think it's a disadvantage. In the UFC, you really can't tell who the best fighter is. The way they have the rules set-up sucks. The fighter who knows the rules and uses grabbing the cage will most likely win.

If Wandy could have used knees and kicks to the head the outcome would have been different.   

DNewbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 07:09:24 AM »
That fight was WEAK.

You must have been high last night-or, you aren't an MMA fan....

DNewbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 07:11:03 AM »
I think it's a disadvantage. In the UFC, you really can't tell who the best fighter is. The way they have the rules set-up sucks. The fighter who knows the rules and uses grabbing the cage will most likely win.

If Wandy could have used knees and kicks to the head the outcome would have been different.   

Really? Do you know that Chuck has some of the best take down defense in all of MMA? If Wand can't get him on the ground, he can't knee or kick him. Also, nobody grabbed the cage in this fight, not even once?

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 07:20:25 AM »
A fight between has-beens. Were they at their prime (you know, 7 years ago,) this would've been a fight worth paying for. But in this case... neega pleaze!

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 08:02:11 AM »

Bitter Wandy Fan  ;D

Chuck was better fighter last night don't worry Wandy will be back

RIP Bob Probert

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 08:04:40 AM »
Really? Do you know that Chuck has some of the best take down defense in all of MMA? If Wand can't get him on the ground, he can't knee or kick him. Also, nobody grabbed the cage in this fight, not even once?

I was also meant the UFC as a whole.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 08:25:39 AM »
Bitter Wandy Fan  ;D

Chuck was better fighter last night don't worry Wandy will be back

Has nothing to do with the who is the better fighter in the UFC. It has all to do with their rules. Watch this video of Wandy. If he could have fought Lidell with his own fighing style, the outcome would have been different.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8179154958433733084&q=wanderlei+silva&total=494&start=20&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 08:31:42 AM »
That fight was WEAK.

it was one of the best fights i have seen in a long time. i rank it up there high. both fighters never gave up. there has to be a rematch. wandy will get a title fight eventually
irongearco.com

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 09:13:46 AM »
In my opinion Liddel did not look any different than he has in in other fight.  He used the same strategy he has always used, draw in your opinion and counter punch. Jardine, a B level fighter, effectively exposed him by standing out of range, not charging in and apply kicks.  What really surprised me was that Wand let himself repeatedly fall into Liddells trap. Chuck did try a few take downs but they were inconsequential.   Wand is to confident in his punching power and is willing to take shots because he believes that he may get lucky with a punch.  Not a good strategy.
A

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 01:43:59 PM »
Has nothing to do with the who is the better fighter in the UFC. It has all to do with their rules. Watch this video of Wandy. If he could have fought Lidell with his own fighing style, the outcome would have been different.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8179154958433733084&q=wanderlei+silva&total=494&start=20&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4

key word is IF Wandy fought Lidell like that video clip but Chuck beat him fair and square
RIP Bob Probert

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 03:53:51 PM »
key word is IF Wandy fought Lidell like that video clip but Chuck beat him fair and square

He wasn't allowed to fight Chuck like that in that video clip. Different organizations with different rules. It's no longer who is the better fighter, or who has the best fighting style.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 09:13:37 PM »
I'm a huge Wand fan and I was pissed. He didn't show up. At first I was thinking he was gonna do something but everytime chuck rocked him it got worse and worse. It reminded me of a less brutal beating like wand gave rampage. Just punches instead of knees. Wand was his punching bag.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »
We seen a different Chuck last night.....He will regain his title.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 09:55:18 PM »
That fight was WEAK.

100% correct. 

Anyone who liked that garbage has pretty low standards.  That's fine, but let's call it what it was. 

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 02:56:05 AM »
different chuck? are you kidding his fists were hung on his waist yet again jardin could have walked in with no training and beat him with that repetitive straight left over hand right yet again

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 04:18:57 AM »
I am a bigger fan of the Old UFC back in the beginning. I will admit I don't keep up with it anymore at all, really. I liked it best  when it was Royce Gracie, Shamrock etc...TANK ABBOT. Back then people hadn't yet started cross training  like they do now..you were either a puncher/ kicker or a grappler/ submition fighter....about the first 20 UFC'S then I sorta quit watching. back before there were all the rules.Back then there was no time limits(didn't need em) you could head but, elbows pretty much anything except biting or eye gouging.I am sure it is better competition now  the way the sport has evolved..I need to start watching it more I guess.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 04:55:06 AM »
I am a bigger fan of the Old UFC back in the beginning. I will admit I don't keep up with it anymore at all, really. I liked it best  when it was Royce Gracie, Shamrock etc...TANK ABBOT. Back then people hadn't yet started cross training  like they do now..you were either a puncher/ kicker or a grappler/ submition fighter....about the first 20 UFC'S then I sorta quit watching. back before there were all the rules.Back then there was no time limits(didn't need em) you could head but, elbows pretty much anything except biting or eye gouging.I am sure it is better competition now  the way the sport has evolved..I need to start watching it more I guess.

Remember when Joe San got hit in the nuts like 20 times in a row? ;D
E

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 05:12:49 AM »
Remember when Joe San got hit in the nuts like 20 times in a row? ;D

hahaha yep. Little slant eyed midget. "JOSAN DOE" or whatever he called it. If I remember correctly, wasn't he KIMO'S trainer or something?

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 05:14:00 AM »
hahaha yep. Little slant eyed midget. "JOSAN DOE" or whatever he called it. If I remember correctly, wasn't he KIMO'S trainer or something?

I think so. Then he got up and shook the guys hand after getting his nuts destroyed. Good sportsmanship.
E