Author Topic: Trainer...  (Read 3035 times)

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
Trainer...
« on: December 30, 2007, 07:35:05 AM »
from reading some posts here, it seems that my gym isnt the only one with bunch of 180 lbs queers who think spending $500 for a 3 month course and buying some books makes them a personal trainer..once in a while they do some really dum,b stuff that amazes even me, and i thought i had seen them all...

so this trainer is training a chick, and has her doing cable curls with a straight bar and he's speaking so loud cuz i think he wanted people to notice him cuz the chick was hot.. so he says" do a set of 10, count in your head but dont think about the excercise ( defying the mind-muscle connection huh?), try to get you  mind off the excercise, you can even count in french, it  doesnt matter if you dont know ho w to speak french because when you count, you dont know what number your counting so you wont get tired"...

i swear im not putting you guys on, this is as close as a quote i can remeember that he said... i was gonna go tell him that if she doesnt speak french and cant understand it, how thee fuck can she count till 10??

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Re: Trainer...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 07:41:25 AM »
why aren't you wearing headphones and focusing on "your" work out and sneaking an occasional peak at the girl's butt?
Here comes the money shot

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 07:41:36 AM »
hahahahahahahahahah

laurion

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 01:58:35 PM »
Personal trainer = failure @ Life  ;D
(jk to any trainers)
But not really

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 02:11:05 PM »
yeah its usually a good chance some of the biggest douches in the gym are the personal trainers and its always the 145lb ones that are making their clients use swiss balls and other wacky shit on every exercise.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 02:52:23 PM »
why aren't you wearing headphones and focusing on "your" work out and sneaking an occasional peak at the girl's butt?

I purposely do that so I don't have to hear the nonsense coming out of there mouths.

Sidenote, most women aren't too concerned about the "mind-muscle" connection, leave that one to the big boys.  They just want to sweat, lift some weights and feel like they're accomplishing something, I think his advice isn't all that bad.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 02:59:47 PM »
from reading some posts here, it seems that my gym isnt the only one with bunch of 180 lbs queers who think spending $500 for a 3 month course and buying some books makes them a personal trainer..once in a while they do some really dum,b stuff that amazes even me, and i thought i had seen them all...

so this trainer is training a chick, and has her doing cable curls with a straight bar and he's speaking so loud cuz i think he wanted people to notice him cuz the chick was hot.. so he says" do a set of 10, count in your head but dont think about the excercise ( defying the mind-muscle connection huh?), try to get you  mind off the excercise, you can even count in french, it  doesnt matter if you dont know ho w to speak french because when you count, you dont know what number your counting so you wont get tired"...

i swear im not putting you guys on, this is as close as a quote i can remeember that he said... i was gonna go tell him that if she doesnt speak french and cant understand it, how thee fuck can she count till 10??

If your #1 concern with that sceniro was the potential lack of the "mind-muscle" connection then your probably just as bad off as the trainer.

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 04:13:03 PM »
If your #1 concern with that sceniro was the potential lack of the "mind-muscle" connection then your probably just as bad off as the trainer.

you really didnt catch my #1 concern?? mind-muscle connection when your resting between sets?

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 04:18:38 PM »

i do, but my mp3 player was low on battery so i was saving it for when i do cardio...and i was focusing on my workout, but its hard not to hear someone basically yelling 10 ft away from you...

joelocal

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 04:41:34 PM »
Personal trainer = failure @ Life  ;D
(jk to any trainers)
But not really

Congrats, you have the dumbest post of the day :)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 04:47:29 PM »

while they may not all be failures in life I do agree that most personal trainers are douche bags
Here comes the money shot

joelocal

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 04:49:16 PM »
while they may not all be failures in life I do agree that most personal trainers are douche bags

I disagree.....it depends on where you look.

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 04:49:54 PM »
Lol!  Makes me want to get a pass or short term membership to a fluffy gym and chew on of them out

Paragon

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 05:08:48 PM »
Unlike the personal trainers u speak of, this trainer got his B.S. in Clinical Exercise Science, his nsca-cscs and acsm-hfi certs, makes 6 figures a year, owns his own home, owns 2 cars, and a cbr1000.  I do agree that most trainers are lazy jerk offs who only use the industry to make an easy buck cause the dont want to work hard, but i on the other hand bust my ass and make a good living off of what i do.

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 05:19:06 PM »
Unlike the personal trainers u speak of, this trainer got his B.S. in Clinical Exercise Science, his nsca-cscs and acsm-hfi certs, makes 6 figures a year, owns his own home, owns 2 cars, and a cbr1000.  I do agree that most trainers are lazy jerk offs who only use the industry to make an easy buck cause the dont want to work hard, but i on the other hand bust my ass and make a good living off of what i do.

Is George Michaels one of your clients? 

laurion

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 06:48:51 PM »

Cheap shot at joke post on a forum thread regarding trainers = me having personal breakdown.
-crying in corner- :'(

bronxbomber

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 08:41:29 PM »
         my question is ..did you cut your workout short, or skip cardio to run home and post this on the boards..must have relly been on your mind all day, got to be other stuff to think about.lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 08:45:15 PM »
Joe, you're at the very top of your field, and successful in one of the best places in America.  You are definitely the exception to teh rule.  At many gyms, the trainers are idiots.  They make stuff up, they prescribe dangerously low levels of food and rediculously high level of crap supplements.  You see them teaching ignorance and just shake your head at it.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 08:45:30 PM »

It's funny you bring this up. Just the other day my gym hired a new "trainer". Another fat, clueless, waste of space.....
HAHA, RON.....

joelocal

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 08:58:34 PM »
Joe, you're at the very top of your field, and successful in one of the best places in America.  You are definitely the exception to teh rule.  At many gyms, the trainers are idiots.  They make stuff up, they prescribe dangerously low levels of food and rediculously high level of crap supplements.  You see them teaching ignorance and just shake your head at it.

I can't really say that in my gym, we have very good and quaified trainers that I have worked with for years, some more qualified than others but good otherwise. There are some that train some high school athletes and thats when I shake my head at some of the methods that have caused injuries to some of the kids......but since we are all independant contractors, I can't say a word and won't.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 10:27:11 AM »
from reading some posts here, it seems that my gym isnt the only one with a 180 lbs queer

i see you train at the same gym as  'joelocal'.
b

joelocal

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 11:10:18 AM »
i see you train at the same gym as  'joelocal'.

Your pretty funny for hiding behind a computer.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 11:16:52 AM »
Your pretty funny for hiding behind a computer.

And in person I hope your English is better than in your posts. Correct spelling would be "you're" for "you are."

Unless you wanted to call him pretty? ::)

joelocal

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 12:11:25 PM »
And in person I hope your English is better than in your posts. Correct spelling would be "you're" for "you are."

Unless you wanted to call him pretty? ::)

I DID NOT realize I was being graded on my spelling ::)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
Graded no. However, if I were a potential client of yours, and saw how you conduct yourself at times, I would go elsewhere.
Sometimes people look at you differently when they know how educated you are, or are not.
But you have a hot wife, a very respectable physique, and a prospering business. Life for you is good. Enjoy.