Author Topic: Would you continue bodybuilding...  (Read 4745 times)

Moosejay

Re: Would you continue bodybuilding...
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 12:17:06 PM »
I would definitely continue to train because I enjoy it.   I agree with Moosejay, I've had periods of inactivity for all the same reasons he listed, but I'm much happier when I'm in the gym training regularly.  I have no training partners, I've been with the same woman for 14 years, my friends don't care what I do in the gym....I have no one to impress.   The opinions of perfect strangers used to matter when I was younger, but that's the past.   Everything done now is for me.

Agree 100%!

Mike

Moosejay

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »
Good post -  I totally agree - I've been with the same woman for seven years (married for four) - I have no real friends as an adult because I live in a completely different city 400 miles from where I grew up and when you train in the Temple in Brum you can stick 15 plates a side on a leg press and no-one will give a shit. I took an 18 month layoff a while back and I was moody as fuck - like there was something missing from my life. Going back to the gym has made me much happier as a result because I've got goals again and something to shoot for.

Exactly!

Mike

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2007, 01:41:13 PM »
Thank god Big J and MOS are two other humans that don't care about friends, just their wives and training.

I thought I was going crazy; I don't talk to anyone anymore outside of work and my wife/family.

I just don't need anyone.  I'm not obsessive enough to train 7 times a week, twice a day, but if i don't get my few times in a week i feel something's off.

Friends, meh, who needs them.

Cutting of all the bands whit other people accept the job and the family of yours would be a dangerous thing according to me. What if u get kicket from your job and your family die in a car accident, you would be fucket for life if you lost this, cuz these are the things you only seems too have. Or worse, what if it came out that the bitch is cheating on you and you are not father too the children :P

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2007, 08:13:38 PM »
so you finally saw "I am legend"?

The Legend of Tea Bagger Vance

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2007, 05:26:29 AM »
i lift for the pump. it is a way of life for me. julio maybey your just a putz. hope this helps

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 06:33:52 AM »
i'd still lift, makes u feel a lot better, would i still eat clean, probably not, love it when pussy stairs at me and i can just tell they get wet looking at my huge shoulders ;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 06:39:51 AM »
will smith is in pretty good shape in i am legend..

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 06:44:01 AM »
i'd still lift, makes u feel a lot better, would i still eat clean, probably not, love it when pussy stairs at me and i can just tell they get wet looking at my huge shoulders ;D

HAHAHA ...you da man...tear that pussy up :)
X

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 09:38:28 AM »
Cutting of all the bands whit other people accept the job and the family of yours would be a dangerous thing according to me. What if u get kicket from your job and your family die in a car accident, you would be fucket for life if you lost this, cuz these are the things you only seems too have. Or worse, what if it came out that the bitch is cheating on you and you are not father too the children :P

In my post I never said I cut ties with my friends - you're jumping to conclusions there. Just because they don't get involved in my gym life doesn't mean I don't have any friends - it's just that they live in a completely different part of the country to me. I still keep in regular contact with them and visit from time to time.

Your argument is severely flawed, Firstly, I will probably never lose my job - I'm a goverment worker and they don't do redundancies. There hasn't been one in over thirty years. There hasn't been a sacking in over twenty-five. Secondly, my wife would never cheat on me because she's one of these annoying morally superior types that has never done a thing wrong in her life - she'd have too much to lose by doing anything stupid. I'll never be a millionaire but I tell you mate, my life is set.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2007, 09:41:05 AM »
In my post I never said I cut ties with my friends - you're jumping to conclusions there. Just because they don't get involved in my gym life doesn't mean I don't have any friends - it's just that they live in a completely different part of the country to me. I still keep in regular contact with them and visit from time to time.

Your argument is severely flawed, Firstly, I will probably never lose my job - I'm a goverment worker and they don't do redundancies. There hasn't been one in over thirty years. There hasn't been a sacking in over twenty-five. Secondly, my wife would never cheat on me because she's one of these annoying morally superior types that has never done a thing wrong in her life - she'd have too much to lose by doing anything stupid. I'll never be a millionaire but I tell you mate, my life is set.

What type of work do you do for the gov't or are you at libery not to say?

It would be hardcore if you were a spy like Arnold in the movie "True Lies" :)
X

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 10:01:26 AM »
What type of work do you do for the gov't or are you at libery not to say?

It would be hardcore if you were a spy like Arnold in the movie "True Lies" :)

Haha - I wish.  :P

Nothing special really - I interview bankrupts to establish the cause of their insolvency and I also interview company directors when their limited companies collapse. I also have to sort out their assets if they have any and pass their cases on to private insolvency practitioners if their asset values are high enough to interest them. It's quite interesting - no two cases are the same. Shite money though for what I do but I'm too scared to move into the private sector for fear of redundancy.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2007, 10:08:24 AM »
/weightlifting/powerlifting if u where alone on the planet and there was no one who u could show your muscle/strenght for.

Yes. It = an enjoyable activity, it increases well being, and it gives you a goal to pursue, and these 3 things = not dependant on other people given that you are a mature person.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2007, 10:12:02 AM »
Haha - I wish.  :P

Nothing special really - I interview bankrupts to establish the cause of their insolvency and I also interview company directors when their limited companies collapse. I also have to sort out their assets if they have any and pass their cases on to private insolvency practitioners if their asset values are high enough to interest them. It's quite interesting - no two cases are the same. Shite money though for what I do but I'm too scared to move into the private sector for fear of redundancy.

I assume the private sector would offer more cash, but like you said, it is redundant. Hm, that is an interesting choice to make. More money at the expense of being bored out of your mind. Yeah, I would be torn as well  :-\
X

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 10:32:59 AM »
no one would. you'd spend your time traveling around, trying to hunt, find food and other people, and disposable energy sources.  you would get plenty of exercise through one way or another, but trying to maintain a hardcore bodybuilding lifestyle would be a lot of wasted time. plus if you for some reason got a serious injury like torn rotator or pec, then you = fucked.

but if you're claiming that somehow the world continues to operate as usual but just with the people gone, then yes, why not. i mean after all, isnt not having a real job or responsibilities what bodybuilding's all about?
its comin today

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2007, 10:40:40 AM »
no one would. you'd spend your time traveling around, trying to hunt, find food and other people, and disposable energy sources.  you would get plenty of exercise through one way or another, but trying to maintain a hardcore bodybuilding lifestyle would be a lot of wasted time. plus if you for some reason got a serious injury like torn rotator or pec, then you = fucked.

but if you're claiming that somehow the world continues to operate as usual but just with the people gone, then yes, why not. i mean after all, isnt not having a real job or responsibilities what bodybuilding's all about?

Yur right, but what if say you had all the resources to survive just fine and dandy and didn't have to bust your ass to make it.
They would you still pump iron?

Yeah, if we was thrown into huntergather mode we'd have no spare energy for frivolous shit like Bbing.

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2007, 11:04:02 AM »
Yur right, but what if say you had all the resources to survive just fine and dandy and didn't have to bust your ass to make it.
They would you still pump iron?

Yeah, if we was thrown into huntergather mode we'd have no spare energy for frivolous shit like Bbing.

if you were alone your top priority within about 4 months would be finding another person, guaranteed.  staying close to your local gym to work on your lagging calf development might be a distant second.

i'd probably still exercise, but having the entire world at your disposal would mean almost limitless activities, and if you just spent you time inside in a dark gym and scrounging for all the gakic you could find then you probably were a poor choice for last person on earth. 

its comin today

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2007, 11:28:46 AM »
if you were alone your top priority within about 4 months would be finding another person, guaranteed.  staying close to your local gym to work on your lagging calf development might be a distant second.

i'd probably still exercise, but having the entire world at your disposal would mean almost limitless activities, and if you just spent you time inside in a dark gym and scrounging for all the gakic you could find then you probably were a poor choice for last person on earth. 

Yup, and if you found that other person... wouldnt be long till ya'd fight with them..... ;D

Ever see that twilite zone when that guy was the last guy on Earth.?
All he like to do was read,,, then he breaks his glasses.

We'll all die together in a few month period at the end game is my guess.
Westerners will perrish much faster than the 3rd worlders and PPL used to living like animals.
We need refrigerated food, antibiotics, clean water... they can live on rotten food and pond water.
ANtibiotics make them sick..

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2007, 11:34:18 AM »
/weightlifting/powerlifting if u where alone on the planet and there was no one who u could show your muscle/strenght for.

If u say yes, you are a fucking liar :D

after 20+ years I would honestly have to say yes because I have always lifted weights for myself, I typically keep my physique covered, never wearing tight or revealing clothing, and I have always been that way.

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2007, 12:04:48 PM »
after 20+ years I would honestly have to say yes because I have always lifted weights for myself, I typically keep my physique covered, never wearing tight or revealing clothing, and I have always been that way.

you sound like a walking advertisement for animalpak
its comin today

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2007, 12:09:11 PM »
of course, if you're doing it for anyone but yourself then you are wasting your time. Where do you get the motivation if not from within, i know i couldn't conjure up the will to go to the gym if i didn't want to just because i wanted people to see me in a certain way.

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2007, 12:15:53 PM »
of course, if you're doing it for anyone but yourself then you are wasting your time. Where do you get the motivation if not from within, i know i couldn't conjure up the will to go to the gym if i didn't want to just because i wanted people to see me in a certain way.

maybe God has a plan for you and you're doing it for Him?
its comin today

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2007, 03:52:17 PM »
You guys got to understand that in the book, robert brushed his teeth so that he wouldn't have problems. Because there are no dentist around, duh ;). The movie took this a step further and had robert training to take care of his body. so yes, if i was the last guy on earth and there were a shitload of vampires around, i would shoot them while doing one-arm pushups like an inmate on crack. j/k but not really :D
A