Author Topic: The UFC returns to Columbus during the Arnold Classic  (Read 2015 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: The UFC returns to Columbus during te Arnold Classic
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 07:13:58 PM »
oh this is cool.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 07:17:30 PM »
Could they theoretically phase out the bodybuilding show and retain 90% of the audience?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 07:21:16 PM »
I photographed the sold-out UFC event last year and it rocked. The atmosphere at a UFC event is awesome. The main card fights don't start until later in the evening. There is time to go to the bodybuilding show and then the UFC event.
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 07:22:44 PM »
Interesting point. 

not saying Arnold will, anytime soon.

But with Weider's reign diminishing, AMI treading water financially, the mags always nearly being sold off, Arnie's own future political aspirations (secretary of... ?), and the 2008 steroid bomb that appears to be coming, it's always possible...

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 10:10:26 PM »
Isaac,

You look like you were sitting on the roof of the arena in this shot. How powerful is your zoom lens to get that first shot? That's pretty cool!
BigNationRadio.com

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 10:32:44 PM »
Could they theoretically phase out the bodybuilding show and retain 90% of the audience?

98%.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 09:04:45 AM »
Isaac,

You look like you were sitting on the roof of the arena in this shot. How powerful is your zoom lens to get that first shot? That's pretty cool!

Yes, despite having press credentials that was the view from where I was. It was actually more enjoyable than trying to shoot through the cage.
Elevate Your Image.™

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
Re: The UFC returns to Columbus during the Arnold Classic
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 09:06:32 AM »
For the record, the UFC wants nothing to do with "pro bodybuilding" and this event will never coincide again.
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 09:08:46 AM »
For the record, the UFC wants nothing to do with "pro bodybuilding" and this event will never coincide again.

i'd be interested to see if UFC secures a long term deal with the Arnold.  2 years in a row now?

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 09:15:03 AM »
i'd be interested to see if UFC secures a long term deal with the Arnold.  2 years in a row now?

It's pure coincidence, a few of the supplement sponsors are involved with both.   Dana White wants nothing to do with the IFBB, an organization that is based on drug use, has a primarily homosexual fan base, and zero television and legitimate media coverage. Trust me  ;)
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 09:18:10 AM »
word

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 09:37:07 AM »
for the best ufc, come to london england like i did for ufc 75 - 16,000+ audience which is 5000 people more than ufc 79 (that was the biggest us show for all 2007)

8) 8)
Z

FrenchFrie

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 10:00:56 AM »
I photographed the sold-out UFC event last year and it rocked. The atmosphere at a UFC event is awesome. The main card fights don't start until later in the evening. There is time to go to the bodybuilding show and then the UFC event.
and satisfy all your gay needs to watch half naked men in thong fighting and posing in one day.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 10:07:35 AM »
and satisfy all your gay needs to watch half naked men in thong fighting and posing in one day.

wow thats almost more than one can handle! first oiled up shaved muscle bears in thongs on stage battling it out! then tattooed hunks in spandex wrestling!!!

GOOD STUFF!  8)
Z

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 10:16:11 AM »
Yes, this is the second year. It makes perfect sense to have it the same weekend. The autograph lines for the UFC fighters dwarf all the bodybuilder lines. The UFC event brings new people into the expo, which as a sponsor I'd be stoked to have a new audience trying my products.

It's a smart move by Jim Lormier to embrace the hottest ticket out there today.
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 10:44:19 AM »
yeah, i like bodybuilding, but if I could sit front row at the O or a UFC match, it's be damn hard to choose another Jay coronation.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 10:47:12 AM »
I wonder how much Lorimar had to pay the UFC to be a part of their show.  I can't see it why the UFC would want to be associated with the Arnold considering 95% of everyone involved with it takes steroids.  Just that association alone I would think is bad publicity for the UFC.  And, the UFC defintiely doesn't need the Arnold.  And no way did the UFC pay them anything to be involved.  That would be dumb as hell since the UFC could put on a fight across town at the same time and kill the Arnold or at least do some damage.  It will be interesting to see if the UFC stays with the Arnold.  If Lorimar pays them enough then probably yes.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 10:51:40 AM »
That would be dumb as hell since the UFC could put on a fight across town at the same time and kill the Arnold or at least do some damage.  It will be interesting to see if the UFC stays with the Arnold.
The UFC does put on the fight across town from where the bodybuilding event is held. The UFC event takes place at the same time as the Men's night show and it didn't hurt the bodybuilding ticket numbers. It will happen the same way this year.

Keith will you be having a booth at the Arnold?
Elevate Your Image.™

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 04:33:07 PM »
i watched the ufc in cincinnati.  its hard to see anything wherever you sit. my buddy had seats up front and i saw him watching the big screen most of the fight. i would much rather watch the bbing show...which i am going to do
irongearco.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 05:00:50 PM »
Yeah I think the Arnold's probably topping the Olympia now for most. 

I liked the Olympia better.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 05:28:46 PM »
Sweet.  This means we can get our tapout shirts at a discount again this year.  They had great deals last year.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 06:35:05 PM »
The UFC does put on the fight across town from where the bodybuilding event is held. The UFC event takes place at the same time as the Men's night show and it didn't hurt the bodybuilding ticket numbers. It will happen the same way this year.

Keith will you be having a booth at the Arnold?

No.  I am going to some show in San Diego then hopefully to the Arnold.  I am really only concentrating on FIBO for 2008 and the Olympia.  If I go to the Arnold I will ust walk around to meet people.  I will probably go to Club Industry to in Oct or whenever it is in Chicago.