Author Topic: Whey Isolate and Casein  (Read 1737 times)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Whey Isolate and Casein
« on: December 31, 2007, 02:45:57 AM »
Hey bros i just got my new order in from true protein but the fuckin labels on the jugs came off.  One jug is whey isolate cold filtration and the other is a casein mix.  One mix looks more fluffy and the other looks like little crystals all in it.  Im going to guess the fluffy looking one is the casein mix.  IF ANYBODY CAN HELP ME OUT I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.  THANKS BROS

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Whey Isolate and Casein
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 03:33:19 AM »
Hey bros i just got my new order in from true protein but the fuckin labels on the jugs came off.  One jug is whey isolate cold filtration and the other is a casein mix.  One mix looks more fluffy and the other looks like little crystals all in it.  Im going to guess the fluffy looking one is the casein mix.  IF ANYBODY CAN HELP ME OUT I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.  THANKS BROS

The fluffy one is rabbit feces.
I hate the State.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 05:42:46 AM »
yea thanks gerk off...real helpful..

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 07:41:47 AM »

Whey will be thinner when mixed and casien will be thicker.

More than likely, sounds like the crystals should be the whey and fluffy casein. Did you get flavored products? If they are different flavors, that should solve it.....

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 08:11:25 AM »
you know what busy b i had guessed that the fluffy one was casein and it is a little thicker but i didnt buy them flavored i got them from true protein and got a flavor pack but a good note the protein is excellent i havent gotten any bloat or gas or anything from this protein im really happy so far with this protein....

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 10:30:25 AM »
i can usually smell the casein, i don't know it just has a really distinct smell to me

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 12:50:37 PM »
you know what busy b i had guessed that the fluffy one was casein and it is a little thicker but i didnt buy them flavored i got them from true protein and got a flavor pack but a good note the protein is excellent i havent gotten any bloat or gas or anything from this protein im really happy so far with this protein....

Good deal. You are doing the Waxy and Whey post workout and Casein with food or before bed, right?

Ok, good, carry on soldier

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 02:07:47 PM »
yea b for my preworkout im doin 27 grams of whey isolate with 5 grams of BCAA and sometimes a scoop of instant coffee just for a little pick up and taste, then during is water with 5 grams of bcaa, then post is 54 grams half whey half casein and 40 grams of waxy then about half hour later grilled chicken or tuna or steak dirty rice and veggies, then before bed 27 grams of casein....and thank you for the advice on trying the isolate it is a world of difference no bloat no gas, my wife is also thankful..hahaha...no more dutch ovens...hahaha....

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 08:24:44 PM »
yea b for my preworkout im doin 27 grams of whey isolate with 5 grams of BCAA and sometimes a scoop of instant coffee just for a little pick up and taste, then during is water with 5 grams of bcaa, then post is 54 grams half whey half casein and 40 grams of waxy then about half hour later grilled chicken or tuna or steak dirty rice and veggies, then before bed 27 grams of casein....and thank you for the advice on trying the isolate it is a world of difference no bloat no gas, my wife is also thankful..hahaha...no more dutch ovens...hahaha....

Anytime man...
LOL! Dutch Oven...that is classic.  :D

Markoni

• Getbig II
  • trueprotein discount code MOU110
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 10:40:37 AM »
news from trueprotein about price of protein

Quote from: CNizz;30579
All right true believers, we have received the updated pricing from the majority of our manufacturers for first quarter 2008 and I have good, awesome, and bad news!

Awesome news: The pricing for the majority of our powders has not changed; on top of that only one or two supplement powders were raised, AND as you saw in our last post, PeptoPro is now lower than ever!!

Good news: The market seems to be leveling off for now, but we have been told that things can change on a dime and pricing is still scheduled to rise in the coming months.

Bad news: Egg White protein has risen slightly, but Whey Isolate Ion-Exchange will be seeing an immediate and vomit-enducing raise in price the likes of which the world has never seen.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 02:18:11 AM »
hey bros whats the shelf life of whey isolate if the seal isnt cracked??

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 06:36:40 AM »

Check to see if it has an expiration. Usually 1-2 years from when it was bottled..

Markoni

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 07:18:23 AM »
2 years

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 08:18:05 AM »
thats what i thought you guys think it would be wise to stack up on the isolate (if thats your thing) im thinking about it...but ive already got around 5...thats why i was wonderng about shelf life...

Markoni

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 01:11:23 PM »
like I posted , price of WPI won't go up , only WPI ion exchange , but I already stack up on the isolate , WPI CF for few months , also next time buy it in jugs

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 01:13:51 PM »
so how come only wpi ion exchange is going up any idea why?  the isolate ive got now is also isolate cold filtration...

Markoni

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 01:23:28 PM »
so how come only wpi ion exchange is going up any idea why?  the isolate ive got now is also isolate cold filtration...

only manufactures of WPI ion  sent them new prices for start of 2008 , others didn't change their price ,and that is good news and I hope price will stay as it is

WPI ion  from trueprotein is form same manufacture , same protein , as Isopure