Author Topic: Would Fedor have a problem fighting in the UFC?  (Read 6651 times)

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
Re: Would Fedor have a problem fighting in the UFC?
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 03:47:25 AM »
I think Fedor would do alright.  Fighters need to adapt,  and you can't aways win, losses come .

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008, 05:23:38 AM »
have you ever seen wanderlei fight?

bench

yes. you're saying he would've won against chuck if footstomps were allowed?  ::)
Z

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 06:09:15 AM »
i would just love for the UFC to accept PRIDES rules,face stomps and all.then maybe these bjj guys would stop having such boring wrestling matches and have more actual fights.

bench

The UFC can not except pride rules for one big reason the NSAC. When Pride had there events in the US they had to fight by the same rules that are currently in the UFC. Not everyone is a fan of the ground game which is cool everyone is entitled to their opinion but but that is what makes MMA being able top take the fight to the ground or keep it standing.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 06:15:14 AM »
yes. you're saying he would've won against chuck if footstomps were allowed?  ::)
maybe,the point i am trying to make is about environment.you take a fighter who used to have many tools in his arsenal,then take all those tools away and you will have a totally different fighter.

bench

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2008, 06:50:26 AM »
fedor would still dominate the heavweight division, it is very weak...i'd like to see him fight rampage or another light heavy

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 08:50:14 AM »
fedor would still dominate the heavweight division, it is very weak...i'd like to see him fight rampage or another light heavy
In The Cage Fedor would be eaten alive, baby.  :D
!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2008, 10:20:47 AM »
maybe,the point i am trying to make is about environment.you take a fighter who used to have many tools in his arsenal,then take all those tools away and you will have a totally different fighter.

bench

The environment is a serious issue these days.
Z

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 12:37:02 PM »
In The Cage Fedor would be eaten alive, baby.  :D

so basically what ur saying is that fedor would step in a cage shit himself and 4get how to fight...so ur saying even tim the most boring fighter alive sylvia would destroy fedor...hahahahhahahahah ahhahahahahhahahahahahha hahahahahahhahahahahahah ahah

get a fucking clue guys, nobody has really ever even came close to beating fedor

could couture pull the upset...absolutely...wha t chances would i give him....1 in a 100

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 01:14:38 PM »
so basically what ur saying is that fedor would step in a cage shit himself and 4get how to fight...so ur saying even tim the most boring fighter alive sylvia would destroy fedor...hahahahhahahahah ahhahahahahhahahahahahha hahahahahahhahahahahahah ahah

get a fucking clue guys, nobody has really ever even came close to beating fedor

could couture pull the upset...absolutely...wha t chances would i give him....1 in a 100
How many times a day do you masturbate to your Fedor posters?
!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 02:01:51 PM »
6 in the last hour alone.

bench

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2008, 07:29:44 AM »

If knees to the head, soccer kicks and footstomps were allowed......Yes, I believe the outcome would have been different.

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2008, 08:52:26 AM »

i don't like fedor, but i do blow my load in ur wife's face bout 3 times a day and fuck her in the ass once

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2008, 10:08:58 AM »
If knees to the head, soccer kicks and footstomps were allowed......Yes, I believe the outcome would have been different.

when would he get the opportunity to knee chuck in the head? for a soccer kick, doesnt chuck have to be on the ground with wand standing up? same with footstomps

Z

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2008, 10:17:21 AM »
when would he get the opportunity to knee chuck in the head? for a soccer kick, doesnt chuck have to be on the ground with wand standing up? same with footstomps

Wand floored him in the second round. You might want to go watch the fight instead of acting like you know what went on.  ;)

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2008, 10:46:57 AM »
Wand floored him in the second round. You might want to go watch the fight instead of acting like you know what went on.  ;)
'

great comeback

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2008, 10:49:40 AM »

and just how close was wand to capitalize on it when it happend?  ::)

Z

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2008, 10:54:44 AM »
and just how close was wand to capitalize on it when it happend?  ::)

Bluto, he wasn't allowed to.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »
Bluto, he wasn't allowed to.

i know but the point is he wasnt close to do anything with chuck on the ground it wouldnt have made a difference.

for years we heard about how wand would kill everybody in ufc. and when he didnt we hear "well that was just because this and that" whatabout chuck fighting rampage in pride, didnt hear any excuses there for chuck

Z

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2008, 11:22:31 AM »
i know but the point is he wasnt close to do anything with chuck on the ground it wouldnt have made a difference.

for years we heard about how wand would kill everybody in ufc. and when he didnt we hear "well that was just because this and that" whatabout chuck fighting rampage in pride, didnt hear any excuses there for chuck

one think we learned about chuck in that fight (and in his second one with page) is he's not good dealing with relentless pressure

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2008, 11:23:45 AM »

one think we learned about chuck in that fight (and in his second one with page) is he's not good dealing with relentless pressure

Chuck is THE ICEMAN you saying he cant keep his cool  ???
Z

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2008, 12:52:09 PM »
I dont think theres anyone in UFC fighting under UFC rules who can beat Fedor . You can look at that from the point of Fedor being an unbelievable fighter or you can put that down to how weak the HW divison is. Theres only one man who I think can give Fedor a run for his money and that is Couture.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2008, 03:03:31 PM »
Chuck is THE ICEMAN you saying he cant keep his cool  ???
I'm saying the majority of the time he gets his chin touched he throws out his game plan..

couture proved it...

jardine proved it

and page proved it twice

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2008, 03:07:15 PM »

Yeah, 3 or 4 years ago when Wand was in his prime I think he would have. This is the guy that absolutely dismantled the UFC LHW Champ TWICE. Are you that stupid? The guy's 3 years past his prime, should anyone be surprised he's lost a step? He has been fighting since he was 18 or so.  ::)

Anytime you feel like not sucking UFC dick and actually watching MMA let me know, seeing as you are a moderator and all.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2008, 03:13:54 PM »
Yeah, 3 or 4 years ago when Wand was in his prime I think he would have. This is the guy that absolutely dismantled the UFC LHW Champ TWICE. Are you that stupid? The guy's 3 years past his prime, should anyone be surprised he's lost a step? He has been fighting since he was 18 or so.  ::)

Anytime you feel like not sucking UFC dick and actually watching MMA let me know, seeing as you are a moderator and all.

who's 3 years past his prime?
Z

SpeedDemon

• Getbig II
  • Hard work pays off
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2008, 05:23:46 PM »
Wand just didn't look the same in his fight with Chuck. He was very cautious and gave to much respect to Chucks hands, he needed to close the distance to win that fight and he didn't. He fought Chucks fight, circling backing up and counter punching. I was surprised that wanderlei didn't pounce on chuck when he floored him in the second round. I know he couldn't head kick him but at least throw some punches or try and take position and work in some GnP before Chuck got back up. No clinch, very few leg kicks, his game plan just looked bad.

Fedor = Dominate Champion

OH and Tim Silvia is as much of a side show freak as hung man choi or Zulu Zinho so I don't see what he is complaining about