Author Topic: Is anyone not getting drunk tonight?  (Read 8339 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Is anyone not getting drunk tonight?
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2007, 02:24:33 PM »
  No booz for me.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2007, 02:27:29 PM »
no :'(
tank u jesus

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2007, 02:34:39 PM »
weed, beers, dry sec.. Just going to destroy myself.

I already attended a family thing earlier at my uncle's but it was boring and no alcohol would be served around night, so I left. I have the house to myself and I'm gonna roll joints and drink till I pass out.

Last satuday I made an ass out of myself at a party and it wasn't exactly fun after 14 beers.

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2007, 02:47:25 PM »

I already attended a family thing earlier at my uncle's but it was boring and no alcohol would be served around night, so I left. I have the house to myself and I'm gonna roll joints and drink till I pass out.

Last satuday I made an ass out of myself at a party and it wasn't exactly fun after 14 beers.

That's how you do it right there!!!  So many people on their high horse.  It's ONE fucking day.  Seriously people.  Unless your currently prepping for a show or something why not enjoy one day. . . not going to "destroy your body" ::)

On a side note just found out we are going to Nara tonight, all you can eat sushi(off of girls), 2 drinks, and a glass of champagne for 20 buck!!  Let the good times roll baby!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2007, 02:58:17 PM »

I enjoy a beer or 5 but I'd be puking my guts out if I had 14 beers.

If it wasn't fun last time why go that far again?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 02:58:27 PM »
we are getting paid okay, but t-shirt sales are always double what the radio station is paying us.  This year I'm starting to play weddings as well.   it's triple the $ and you don't have to do as much work.  The song selection, ah, not so good haha...

The shitty thing about weddings is that you don't really get paid well per hour. You know if you show up at 3pm, set up and wait around for whatever, go back to your room or sit tight backstage, then you play and have to play what the bride and groom want because it's their wedding etc...then go home around 11 or 12. I never liked to figure out my hourly wage for any gigs I did like that since I knew I'd be depressed.
Another thing; I once played "Sundance" (Paul Newmans place) and it was quite the swank gig. I was asking the father of the bride about how he came to rent it and such. He ended up divulging that the brides dress was 10k, the place for a matter of hours was 20k to rent, the limos and flying everyone in from around the country was another 15-20k and he continues to rattle off these enormous sums of money. I have no idea what we got paid for this gig (I was only the guitarist, didn't manage money at all in this band...I got a weekly and that was it), but the one thing I do know is that the band was treated poorly and after the huge sums of money I listed previously- what did we eat? A fuckin' deli tray!!!! >:(
God I do not miss that part about the business at all.... :-\

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 02:59:48 PM »

Dude, havent you heard...getting trashed is "fun"  ::)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 03:01:43 PM »
I am alergic...whenever I drink my wrists break out in hand cuffs. :-\

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 03:03:01 PM »
of course, get totally trashed like every mexican should

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2007, 03:04:51 PM »
I am alergic...whenever I drink my wrists break out in hand cuffs. :-\

LOL! And I wind up taking home a beer tub girl from a dive bar that lost her front teeth  :-\

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 03:10:24 PM »
LOL! And I wind up taking home a beer tub girl from a dive bar that lost her front teeth  :-\

get ya a gummy

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2007, 03:19:03 PM »

Because I had a great time between 1-12..  ;D I talked to a lot of people, shouted at one guy, but there were no girls to try and impress so I got tired and pretty wasted so I left. I made an ass of myself by not staying for the raffle tickets I bought, some of which I gave away before I left.. I didn't want to appear all hammered infront of everyone when everyone was expected to get together, so I bailed and actually walked home with some effort.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2007, 03:26:13 PM »
I will not be "getting drunk" tonight.  Alcohol pretty much sucks as a party drug.  The buzz simply isn't good enough to justify the negative effects. 
Ron: "I am lazy."

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 03:29:59 PM »
I've had a few whiskys tonight. Which was a bit stupid because I trained legs earlier today and could have done with a bit more protein instead. Still, I've got tomorrow off to recover. I'm bored with alcohol now. I'm als sick of all the fucking fireworks being let off round my house at the moment and it's not even midnight yet here - still another half an hour to go.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2007, 03:32:20 PM »
I plan to get drunk like there is no tomorrow and then  drive as fast as my car can go..
Here comes the money shot

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2007, 03:32:42 PM »
Because I had a great time between 1-12..  ;D I talked to a lot of people, shouted at one guy, but there were no girls to try and impress so I got tired and pretty wasted so I left. I made an ass of myself by not staying for the raffle tickets I bought, some of which I gave away before I left.. I didn't want to appear all hammered infront of everyone when everyone was expected to get together, so I bailed and actually walked home with some effort.

just curious - how many hours did it take to drink the 14 beers.  Was it from 1pm to 12 am ?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2007, 03:33:55 PM »
I plan to get drunk like there is no tomorrow and then  drive as fast as my car can go..

that's hardcore

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2007, 03:35:50 PM »
just curious - how many hours did it take to drink the 14 beers.  Was it from 1pm to 12 am ?

On a good day I can put down 16 in about 4 hours!!  Probably why I cant get into single digit body fat.  Oh well, at least when Im drunk I think I look like Mr. Olympia. . . for those 4 or 5 hours I'm the fucking man in my extra-medium shirt!! ;D ;D

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2007, 03:36:07 PM »
that's hardcore

No, that's moronic.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2007, 03:37:20 PM »
I've had a few whiskys tonight. Which was a bit stupid because I trained legs earlier today and could have done with a bit more protein instead. Still, I've got tomorrow off to recover. I'm bored with alcohol now. I'm als sick of all the fucking fireworks being let off round my house at the moment and it's not even midnight yet here - still another half an hour to go.

I got invited to some shitty party, but decided not to go because I don't want to be driving hammered, or bother asking someone for a ride. And I simply don't want to go for the social interaction as it's probably filled with conservative douches who'll call you out for drinking more than 2 beers. Better for me to stay home and bring in the new year relaxed. I haven't started drinking yet, but will soon.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2007, 03:37:22 PM »
that's hardcore

some people talk about being hardcore..some people just do it..

I mean even wear my Tap Out gym gear and do that shit
Here comes the money shot

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2007, 03:43:13 PM »

More like 8-11:30pm.. I was okay enough to still mutter apologies for leaving, but people certainly did notice. There were others with me and they both stayed glued to their chairs.. They only had like 8-10.

The exact numbers was 13 shitty coronas and 1 extra pint of hineken that I split with someone else, which that person had brought because he'd thought all the drink would be finished.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2007, 03:44:24 PM »
some people talk about being hardcore..some people just do it..

I mean even wear my Tap Out gym gear and do that shit

double hardcore

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2007, 03:46:11 PM »
Tonight is recycle night.. I'm gonna step out into 40 degree weather with my empty bottles and scream "HAPPY NEWYEAR!"

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2007, 03:47:51 PM »
FUCCK YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ;D 8) >:( :'( :-* :-\ ::) :P