Author Topic: Ten Indications you are a Christian, Fundy Nutcase!  (Read 8993 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Ten Indications you are a Christian, Fundy Nutcase!
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 11:33:38 AM »
WOW!!!!  Incredible post, bro!  Ya straight blew him up! 

are you honestly insane? im not kidding. the first two arguments are not even arguments but opinions. just look at this non sense. its obvious from the glaring reviews of his ridiculous post that beleivers need little to be swayed, what a shock.

"And you don't seem to flinch when hearing about the male Hebrews, slaughtered by the Egyptians. Or, the little fact that Pharoah had nine other opportunities to release the Israelites, before the plague hit the firstborn of Egypt. And you seem to conveniently ignore those ethnic groups (deal with by God) attacked Israel unprovoked for centuries. But, I get it now, Israel is supposed to get attacked mercilessly, century after century, to which folks like you will howl and yak about "Where is God?" Yet, when the Almighty has had enough and renders judgment on those oppressing His people, now all of a sudden, He's too cruel and harsh."

ok mcway, god knows the future. hence if he does free will doesnt exist as our lives are pre determined. also, the fact that he created the first murderers or the egyptians knowing that they would kill totally puts the burden on your god. your argument is like arguing that a person choose downsyndrome. god created the egyptians knowing what would happen as he can see into the future, allowed them to murder according to the script he laid out then decided to slay them. you cant have free will and a god who knows the future. you cant have free will and a god who intervenes, your belief is wrought with contradiction. your god is missing in times of suffering, and when something good happens you attribute it to god. if you attribute miracles to god then you also must attribute atroscities to him as well, as there are no real criteria for choice other the personal preference.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 01:48:09 PM »

ok mcway, god knows the future. hence if he does free will doesnt exist as our lives are pre determined.

God knowing the future does not necessarily mean that free will doesn't exist.

Let's say you put a piece of cake with frosting out on the kitchen table and had the supernatural knowledge that I would eat it when I saw it.  Then I do come along and eat it  :-[ .  That in no way means my free will to eat it didn't exist right?  You didn't make me eat it...I ate it of my own volition.

you cant have free will and a god who intervenes,

This is interesting though.  I heard a preacher once say we have "limited free will."  If that is a fact, free will still exists.

your god is missing in times of suffering,

I don't think most believers think that God is missing in times of suffering. 

your god is missing in times of suffering, and when something good happens you attribute it to god. if you attribute miracles to god then you also must attribute atroscities to him as well,

But the above statement is very interesting in that I hear some non-believers express the opposite.  They seem to feel that when good happens God had nothing to do w/it but when bad happens, they talk about how there either can't be a God or that God is "bad."

R

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 07:24:51 PM »

Let's say you put a piece of cake with frosting out on the kitchen table and had the supernatural knowledge that I would eat it when I saw it.  Then I do come along and eat it  :-[ .  That in no way means my free will to eat it didn't exist right?  You didn't make me eat it...I ate it of my own volition.

This is interesting though.  I heard a preacher once say we have "limited free will."  If that is a fact, free will still exists.

I don't think most believers think that God is missing in times of suffering. 

But the above statement is very interesting in that I hear some non-believers express the opposite.  They seem to feel that when good happens God had nothing to do w/it but when bad happens, they talk about how there either can't be a God or that God is "bad."

Let's say you put a piece of cake with frosting out on the kitchen table and had the supernatural knowledge that I would eat it when I saw it.  Then I do come along and eat it  :-[ .  That in no way means my free will to eat it didn't exist right?  You didn't make me eat it...I ate it of my own volition."

ummmmmmmm yes it does, you see your belief that you ate the cake on yoru own free will doesnt mean you had free will. for example if i programmed a conscious autonomous organism to perform only one function and he did this act, for example he was trained to eat cake. to him he is performing the act unknowinly performing a rigid guideline and in actuality he has no free will but is programmed. this analogy applies to  your life and a god who knows what actions you will perform. in fact god knowing the future makes life pointless as everything is planned and preconcieved the only way god can exist is as a seperate powerless entity. i suggest you read about open theism. free will, with a pre determined future=no free will, there is no debate its a logical incosistency to say god knows all that will happen and that you make your choices.

"But the above statement is very interesting in that I hear some non-believers express the opposite.  They seem to feel that when good happens God had nothing to do w/it but when bad happens, they talk about how there either can't be a God or that God is "bad.""

i think beleivers misunderstand, of course not all on either side.  i dont care if you attribute "miracles" to god but what i do care about is these same believers giving god the free pass when children are burned alive. you cant have your cake and eat it too. what are your criteria for determining which actions god is involved in and which to exclude him from? if there are none, which i know there are not other then blind faith and irrationality then its a worthless argument.

your god participates in murder, hence cannot be all loving, and his commandment is thou shall not kill. he is also a hypocrite.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 07:38:49 PM »
Ummm, NO!!! There's no denial that they exist. It's just that they don't quite stack up to our God. I give you Dagon, Baal, Asheroth, Meradoch, just to name a few. They are gone (or at least, on a long hiatus). God, however, is alive and well. In fact, the first commandment stated that Israel was to have no other gods before Him.

So, people like knowing that they were created by the Almighty. Yet, you (and others) seem to prefer having a 5-billion-year-old pile of goo as your ancestor. There's a point to this, I hope!!!

Who laughs at polytheists? The numbers of deities do tend to be a bit high. As for the Triune thing, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, they are described as One in Scripture.

And you don't seem to flinch when hearing about the male Hebrews, slaughtered by the Egyptians. Or, the little fact that Pharoah had nine other opportunities to release the Israelites, before the plague hit the firstborn of Egypt. And you seem to conveniently ignore those ethnic groups (deal with by God) attacked Israel unprovoked for centuries. But, I get it now, Israel is supposed to get attacked mercilessly, century after century, to which folks like you will howl and yak about "Where is God?" Yet, when the Almighty has had enough and renders judgment on those oppressing His people, now all of a sudden, He's too cruel and harsh.

Come up with some new material; this bit has grown tired.

Again, where is the alleged laughter coming? Of course, Christians have no problem about the birth of Jesus, because unlike the other religions you mentioned, there is no instance of a deity getting his freak on with a mortal. Mary gave birth to Jesus as a virgin (as was prophecied), meaning there was NO SEX involved.

Who needs to spend their life looking for that? For starters, the "loopholes" are anything but little (and they ain't hard to find). Plus, it wasn't that long ago that the "scientifically established" age of the Earth was about half of what is supposedly is now. Then, there's the little matter of the dating methods that have been shown to be less than accurate, when tested against rocks of historically-known age. Plus, the authors of the books of the Bible aren't attempting to calculate the age of the Earth, in the first place.

Anyone who wants to become a Christian can become one. There's no race, gender, or ethnic barrier. And, you can't become one by force. And someone mentioned it on another thread, but the idea of an infinite Hell of Suffering isn't necessarily a Biblical one. The Bible supports the concept of wickedness and sin being destroyed permanently and thoroughly.

Inherent is your warped assumption that such can't and hasn't been used to show the validity of Christianity. In fact, (and this may come as shock to you), many people have become Christians through study in those disciplines. Loco and I discussed this awhile back. How many times have skeptics claim historical events in the Bible to be wrong, only to be refuted, when archaeological evidence validated what the Bible said was right?

We define as a "high success rate" the millions of testimonies of people over the ages, along with personal testimonies of friends and family that show the power of prayer. I don't know where you got your numbers; but, historically speaking, they don't jive. Besides, per your words, prayer doesn't work AT ALL; therefore, there shouldn't be a "0.01%". Furthermore, "0.01%" is a far higher "success rate" than the odds of all the so-called random events that caused a pile of 5-billion-year-old goo to evolve into man. Yet, you still believe that it happened. Maybe that was simply the will of "goo".

Do "many atheists and agnostics" know more about the Bible? Or, are you merely touting the example of non-believing college professors and college grads vs. laymen without the same level of education? Then, there's the matter of the completeness of this knowledge. Have they heard all the information, regarding the Bible, Christianity, and church history? Being a Christian involved giving your heart to the Lord and acknowledging His sacrifice for you. That doesn't require a set level of knowledge. You can learn as much as you want. But, without surrendering to Christ, none of that matters.

In conclusion, the "nutcase" label may apply to you (and others with your mindset). Again, who else get so worked up and discombobulated about Something he doesn't believe to exist?  ;D

classic reply!!! .....

http://www.godisimaginary.com/video7.htm
are you delusional?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 08:30:22 AM »

are you honestly insane? im not kidding. the first two arguments are not even arguments but opinions. just look at this non sense. its obvious from the glaring reviews of his ridiculous post that beleivers need little to be swayed, what a shock.

"And you don't seem to flinch when hearing about the male Hebrews, slaughtered by the Egyptians. Or, the little fact that Pharoah had nine other opportunities to release the Israelites, before the plague hit the firstborn of Egypt. And you seem to conveniently ignore those ethnic groups (deal with by God) attacked Israel unprovoked for centuries. But, I get it now, Israel is supposed to get attacked mercilessly, century after century, to which folks like you will howl and yak about "Where is God?" Yet, when the Almighty has had enough and renders judgment on those oppressing His people, now all of a sudden, He's too cruel and harsh."

ok mcway, god knows the future. hence if he does free will doesnt exist as our lives are pre determined. also, the fact that he created the first murderers or the egyptians knowing that they would kill totally puts the burden on your god. your argument is like arguing that a person choose downsyndrome. god created the egyptians knowing what would happen as he can see into the future, allowed them to murder according to the script he laid out then decided to slay them. you cant have free will and a god who knows the future. you cant have free will and a god who intervenes, your belief is wrought with contradiction. your god is missing in times of suffering, and when something good happens you attribute it to god. if you attribute miracles to god then you also must attribute atroscities to him as well, as there are no real criteria for choice other the personal preference.

Once again, your complaints stem from your warped premise that free will means absence of consequences for certain behavior. What you want is freedom without responsibility or accountability. That will not happen on any level, God or no God.

With regards to the Egypt thing, Pharoah had the option of releasing the Hebrews nine times, before the tenth and most devastating plague hit. He chose not to heed God's warning through Moses. Therefore, he and his people suffered as a result.

As for your claims of not being able to have free will, if God intervenes, that is patently false, especially when (in the majority of the cases), divine intervention occurs at the REQUEST of the believer. There is a verse in Deut. (I think it's 30:19) that states that God sets before His people life and death, blessings and curses, and He advises them to choose blessings. If you, by your own actions, choose the curses, that's on YOU, not God, or anyone else.

Furthermore, wherever you're getting this idea that God is absent in suffering but present in good times, I'd suggest you take that back. Job said it best, despite the suffering he endured, he acknowledged the presence of God, "Naked I came into this world and naked I will leave; the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord".

As long as there is sin in this world, there will be suffering. And, as I've stated on numerous occasions, the worst part about sin is that the suffering isn't limited to the transgressors. Other people can suffer, as a result of your sins (and mine). And I can suffer, from other people's sins, as can you.

Also ranking high on the ridiculous scale is your claim that life is pointless, if God knows the future. To the contrary, I would ask if there is no God, what is the point of life, simply to survive? If that's it, then life indeed is pointless, because NOBODY SURVIVES. Death comes to everybody, whether by disease, murder, accident, or our mortal bodies simply giving out. Nobody gets out of life alive.

i think beleivers misunderstand, of course not all on either side.  i dont care if you attribute "miracles" to god but what i do care about is these same believers giving god the free pass when children are burned alive. you cant have your cake and eat it too. what are your criteria for determining which actions god is involved in and which to exclude him from? if there are none, which i know there are not other then blind faith and irrationality then its a worthless argument.

your god participates in murder, hence cannot be all loving, and his commandment is thou shall not kill. he is also a hypocrite.

The only One who has a right to end life is He who gave life in the first place. Man is God's creation; He can do what He pleases with what is His. Man is instructed not to murder, because he cannot give life to anyone. Any instruction that man is given to end another man's life is for a specific purpose, usually a major trangression of His law (i.e. rape, adultery, murder, persecution of His people, etc.).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 08:58:02 AM »
Ummm, NO!!! There's no denial that they exist. It's just that they don't quite stack up to our God. I give you Dagon, Baal, Asheroth, Meradoch, just to name a few. They are gone (or at least, on a long hiatus). God, however, is alive and well. In fact, the first commandment stated that Israel was to have no other gods before Him. "

i didnt even read past this garbage, your god is no better then theirs and your god has no proof of his existence. how do you knwo they are gone and your god is alive and well? this is rhetoric, plain and simple. its painful to read your posts you dont know how to form an argument, and use the bible as proof of the bible. your god doesnt exist, and for many reasons. you choose not to acknowledge them and pretend that all the other deities are long gone while yours is still alive. give me some proof, why your god. dont use the bible as proof as this is circular logic and i think we have been nice enough to allow you to use logic fallacy after fallacy and still debate you.

Well, thank you SOOOOOOOO much for being so kind to little old me  ::) .

If you didn't read past this "garbage", can you kindly explain the other post to which I just responded (the one about other gods was #10; the other one a response to #7)?

The point, which you missed by a country mile, was that Trapezkerl's claim (assuming that this was actually his own, for once) of Christians denying the existence of other gods was false. And, I listed the reason why. Specifically, I posted the names of the gods of Israel's neighbors, gods whom Israel was instructed not to worship, nor were they to worship God the way their neighbors worship their respective deities.

Have you seen any Asheroth poles lately? Have any of your buddies passed their kids through the fire to praise Molech (I forgot about him)?

It can't simply be due to the fact that the nations of people who worshipped these gods were killed or enslaved. Such has happened to the children of Israel (many times over), yet they were enslaved only as long as God permitted and freed when and where God said they would be. I can't say the same Asheroth, Molech, Baal, and the others.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 09:17:16 AM »

Great analogy, Ro!

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 09:18:57 AM »
Once again, your complaints stem from your warped premise that free will means absence of consequences for certain behavior. What you want is freedom without responsibility or accountability. That will not happen on any level, God or no God.

With regards to the Egypt thing, Pharoah had the option of releasing the Hebrews nine times, before the tenth and most devastating plague hit. He chose not to heed God's warning through Moses. Therefore, he and his people suffered as a result.

As for your claims of not being able to have free will, if God intervenes, that is patently false, especially when (in the majority of the cases), divine intervention occurs at the REQUEST of the believer. There is a verse in Deut. (I think it's 30:19) that states that God sets before His people life and death, blessings and curses, and He advises them to choose blessings. If you, by your own actions, choose the curses, that's on YOU, not God, or anyone else.

Furthermore, wherever you're getting this idea that God is absent in suffering but present in good times, I'd suggest you take that back. Job said it best, despite the suffering he endured, he acknowledged the presence of God, "Naked I came into this world and naked I will leave; the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord".

As long as there is sin in this world, there will be suffering. And, as I've stated on numerous occasions, the worst part about sin is that the suffering isn't limited to the transgressors. Other people can suffer, as a result of your sins (and mine). And I can suffer, from other people's sins, as can you.

Also ranking high on the ridiculous scale is your claim that life is pointless, if God knows the future. To the contrary, I would ask if there is no God, what is the point of life, simply to survive? If that's it, then life indeed is pointless, because NOBODY SURVIVES. Death comes to everybody, whether by disease, murder, accident, or our mortal bodies simply giving out. Nobody gets out of life alive.

The only One who has a right to end life is He who gave life in the first place. Man is God's creation; He can do what He pleases with what is His. Man is instructed not to murder, because he cannot give life to anyone. Any instruction that man is given to end another man's life is for a specific purpose, usually a major trangression of His law (i.e. rape, adultery, murder, persecution of His people, etc.).

OHHHHHH SNAAAAP!!!!    ;D

MCWAY broke it off in them heathens.  I'll say it again, preach on brother.
W

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 09:20:28 AM »

Bro, I AM insane.  Crazy 'Bout Christ!   :P  My God is your God too.  Just because you deny him doesn't make him go away. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 09:27:34 AM »

If you didn't read past this "garbage", can you kindly explain the other post to which I just responded (the one about other gods was #10; the other one a response to #7)?

The point, which you missed by a country mile, was that Trapezkerl's claim (assuming that this was actually his own, for once) of Christians denying the existence of other gods was false. And, I listed the reason why. Specifically, I posted the names of the gods of Israel's neighbors, gods whom Israel was instructed not to worship, nor were they to worship God the way their neighbors worship their respective deities.

Have you seen any Asheroth poles lately? Have any of your buddies passed their kids through the fire to praise Molech (I forgot about him)?

It can't simply be due to the fact that the nations of people who worshipped these gods were killed or enslaved. Such has happened to the children of Israel (many times over), yet they were enslaved only as long as God permitted and freed when and where God said they would be. I can't say the same Asheroth, Molech, Baal, and the others.

you keep missing the point about free will, just because you think you performed the action does not mean you had free will. obviously if god knows what you will already do you then you dont have free will, how could you? to god your doing what is expected but to you your acting our your own free will. you didnt even adress my argument, or the fact that open theism was created by christian scholars to avoid this silly contradiction. you also never even adressed my points you just blathered on about your god and said the same thing to which i already responded.

"Have you seen any Asheroth poles lately? Have any of your buddies passed their kids through the fire to praise Molech (I forgot about him)? "

the reason you think your god still exists while many others have passed(which is a strong argument that your god to is fiction) is that you guys have your god as the creator of all the beginning, you say he is infinite and eternal and supernatural, thus we cant test any of your claims and you guys have a nice cozy deity which cannot be proven or falsified, LOL. and what a great god he is, he allows murder, breaks his own rules, and participates in killing. he gets mad if you dont worship him, is jealous as outlined in the bible(which defeats your all good god).

so go ahead now and ignore my points and keep on preaching brother, your god is still strong, hiding in eternity as a blip in a quantum vaccum, how majestic.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 09:30:58 AM »
Bro, I AM insane.  Crazy 'Bout Christ!   :P  My God is your God too.  Just because you deny him doesn't make him go away. 

your god is a disgusting, hypocrite who murders children.

you know what disgusts me though. is that the pope, all the chruches etc have spent millions on churches, perhaps billions and the pope lives in one of the wealthiest nations/cities in the world. then you have starving children, dying youth, and homeless which are hungry. but god needs those elaborate chruches, because starving kids arent as important. keep giving money to the collection plate and maybe the pope can buy some iced out goblets full of holy water. all praise your god

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 09:42:12 AM »

your god is a disgusting, hypocrite who murders children.

you know what disgusts me though. is that the pope, all the chruches etc have spent millions on churches, perhaps billions and the pope lives in one of the wealthiest nations/cities in the world. then you have starving children, dying youth, and homeless which are hungry. but god needs those elaborate chruches, because starving kids arent as important. keep giving money to the collection plate and maybe the pope can buy some iced out goblets full of holy water. all praise your god

brother, you will pay dearly for your words one day.

you're obviously ticked off and trying to drag us down to your pissed off level
what dumb analogies you have. 
btw, who murders children??  God?     you're a flat out idiot. 
W

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 09:57:45 AM »
brother, you will pay dearly for your words one day.

you're obviously ticked off and trying to drag us down to your pissed off level
what dumb analogies you have. 
btw, who murders children??  God?     you're a flat out idiot. 

LOL. insted of wasting my life im dedicating it to helping people, insted of wasting my money on church and wasting my time praying i take action. your prays havent saved sick children, your prayers havent done shit, the only thing that has is action. if you where a true christian you would sell all your possesions give the money to the sick and needy, and live a life much like christ. but your a hypocrite too, probably living in a nice home, perhaps fat like most americans(dont worry about glutony ::)) and sin daily. but insted you ask for forgivenss and god ticks you off on the naughty or nice list. your religion fits the definiton of terrorism perfectly. LOL

god loves you, but if you dont bow to him he will burn you alive. praise to god.

i am bitter about some things. for one i see sick people daily now, and some with serious issues like aids, MS, cancer etc.. looking for some form of help. your god doesnt do shit.

answer this question if god orders thous shall not kill and then kills, doenst that make him a hypocrite.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2008, 10:19:27 AM »

LOL. insted of wasting my life im dedicating it to helping people, insted of wasting my money on church and wasting my time praying i take action. your prays havent saved sick children, your prayers havent done shit, the only thing that has is action. if you where a true christian you would sell all your possesions give the money to the sick and needy, and live a life much like christ. but your a hypocrite too, probably living in a nice home, perhaps fat like most americans(dont worry about glutony ::)) and sin daily. but insted you ask for forgivenss and god ticks you off on the naughty or nice list. your religion fits the definiton of terrorism perfectly. LOL

god loves you, but if you dont bow to him he will burn you alive. praise to god.

i am bitter about some things. for one i see sick people daily now, and some with serious issues like aids, MS, cancer etc.. looking for some form of help. your god doesnt do shit.

answer this question if god orders thous shall not kill and then kills, doenst that make him a hypocrite.

What He says is do not murder.

There are things I've read and seen that I don't understand.  There are things I question.  There are things that frustrate me.  But when I step back and look at the entire picture, I do see a loving God who has and continues to bless me and others immensely.  I can't explain why suffering happens.  I believe sin/Satan are responsible for suffering, but if you ask why God allows that continue, I'll say I don't really know.  I've heard varying reasons why.  I'm sure there is a reason for everything.  I'm not sure I completely understand why He permits it to continue.  I do think sin has to run it's course and that everyone has to be given an opportunity to accept Christ into their hearts.  In the meantime, there will be murder, sickness, suffering, death, etc.

I don't allow my questions to interfere with my relationship with God.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2008, 10:35:28 AM »
What He says is do not murder.

There are things I've read and seen that I don't understand.  There are things I question.  There are things that frustrate me.  But when I step back and look at the entire picture, I do see a loving God who has and continues to bless me and others immensely.  I can't explain why suffering happens.  I believe sin/Satan are responsible for suffering, but if you ask why God allows that continue, I'll say I don't really know.  I've heard varying reasons why.  I'm sure there is a reason for everything.  I'm not sure I completely understand why He permits it to continue.  I do think sin has to run it's course and that everyone has to be given an opportunity to accept Christ into their hearts.  In the meantime, there will be murder, sickness, suffering, death, etc.

I don't allow my questions to interfere with my relationship with God.

again if god is the alpha and omega he created the devil, and knowing the future he knew the suffering he would bring. also, he coudl destroy the devil if he wanted since he is omnipotent. the devil doesnt exist. suffering exists in the animal kingdom too, is that the devil and the sins of tigers?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2008, 11:28:51 AM »

again if god is the alpha and omega he created the devil, and knowing the future he knew the suffering he would bring. also, he coudl destroy the devil if he wanted since he is omnipotent. the devil doesnt exist. suffering exists in the animal kingdom too, is that the devil and the sins of tigers?

I think all suffering and death is the result of sin/Satan.  No, animals aren't human, but the effects of man's sin and of Satan have consequences in both the animal kingdom and in the environment.   

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2008, 11:35:15 AM »
I think all suffering and death is the result of sin/Satan.  No, animals aren't human, but the effects of man's sin and of Satan have consequences in both the animal kingdom and in the environment.   

you ignored my reason why the devil cannot exist and why something like the devil is in direct contradiction to an all knowing, loving god.

god cannot know the future. he must be as blind as we are in order to allow true love to unfold. this is the only way, many top theists(in philosophy) agree on this point, many do not. but its a certain contradiction.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2008, 11:42:49 AM »
you ignored my reason why the devil cannot exist and why something like the devil is in direct contradiction to an all knowing, loving god.

god cannot know the future. he must be as blind as we are in order to allow true love to unfold. this is the only way, many top theists(in philosophy) agree on this point, many do not. but its a certain contradiction.

I didn't ignore your reason.  I just don't agree with it.  I don't reach the conclusion that God doesn't exist because there are questions I cannot answer about why certain things happen.  I simply look at my own life and those of others, compare them what happens with what God has promised, and reach a conclusion. 

No one can prove or disprove the existence of God to anyone.   

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2008, 11:54:57 AM »
I didn't ignore your reason.  I just don't agree with it.  I don't reach the conclusion that God doesn't exist because there are questions I cannot answer about why certain things happen.  I simply look at my own life and those of others, compare them what happens with what God has promised, and reach a conclusion. 

No one can prove or disprove the existence of God to anyone.   

to the illogical you cannot. i cannot prove thor doesnt exist but through logic and reason i can provide strong evidence that the chances of him occuring are minimal.

answer my questions.

how can god know the future, and create the devil. ?

how can god be all loving and have negative traits.?

how can god know the future and allow for free will?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2008, 12:18:27 PM »

to the illogical you cannot. i cannot prove thor doesnt exist but through logic and reason i can provide strong evidence that the chances of him occuring are minimal.

answer my questions.

how can god know the future, and create the devil. ?

how can god be all loving and have negative traits.?

how can god know the future and allow for free will?

1.  I don't know. 

2.  He doesn't have negative traits.

3.  Knowing the future and allowing free will are not inconsistent.  I agree with what Stella previously said in this regard.   

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2008, 12:50:07 PM »
1.  I don't know. 

2.  He doesn't have negative traits.

3.  Knowing the future and allowing free will are not inconsistent.  I agree with what Stella previously said in this regard.   

anger is a negative trait, jealousy is a negative trait, being able to create evil as he is the source of all is a negative thing.

i disagree with your last point from the reasons presented above. geuss we will agree to disagree

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2008, 01:08:10 PM »
anger is a negative trait, jealousy is a negative trait, being able to create evil as he is the source of all is a negative thing.

i disagree with your last point from the reasons presented above. geuss we will agree to disagree

Anger is a normal emotion.  That's why the Bible says "be angry," but don't sin.  Jealously can be either positive or negative. 

God didn't create evil.  He created a perfect being who became evil.  Why did He do that if He knew the results in advance?  I really don't know.  There are a number of questions I'll have for Him when I get to heaven. 

Like I said earlier, you cannot prove or disprove the existence of God.  There are too many people, myself included, who have a deep personal relationship with Him and have seen Him work on their lives.  This isn’t a science discussion.  It’s about faith and trust in a higher power. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2008, 01:22:52 PM »
Anger is a normal emotion.  That's why the Bible says "be angry," but don't sin.  Jealously can be either positive or negative. 

God didn't create evil.  He created a perfect being who became evil.  Why did He do that if He knew the results in advance?  I really don't know.  There are a number of questions I'll have for Him when I get to heaven. 

Like I said earlier, you cannot prove or disprove the existence of God.  There are too many people, myself included, who have a deep personal relationship with Him and have seen Him work on their lives.  This isn’t a science discussion.  It’s about faith and trust in a higher power. 

anger is a normal emotion, so is depression, anxiety etc but that doesnt mean its positive. there are also people with a deep association with the FSM, vishnu and billybootgarbage bags. that is not an argument in the least.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2008, 02:13:58 PM »
anger is a normal emotion, so is depression, anxiety etc but that doesnt mean its positive. there are also people with a deep association with the FSM, vishnu and billybootgarbage bags. that is not an argument in the least.

Depression isn't normal.  It's a disorder. 

I'm not really making an argument. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2008, 04:06:28 PM »

Your god Jehovah is just a local fertility deity, no more special than Queztalcoatal, Thor or Dagda (infact these deities were much more significant).

Development of Jehovah
The development of monotheism is also different than the version the Holy Book want us to believe. Even the almighty God was once a small insignificant deity. Originally Jehovah was a nature deity, a fertility deity responsible for rain and sun and good crops. All over the holy land idols made of metal or clay are found, both female and male idols. The Jews worshipped a polytheistic fertility religion. Their main male tribal god originally also had a female companion. As late as 100 BC the farmers around Jerusalem practiced polytheistic fertility rituals. And in Jerusalem the temple prostitution flourished. The Jewish prohibition on making depictions of God is also far younger than the Bible claims. In Ugarit, 400 km from Jerusalem, a small figurine of clay was excavated. The figurine shows a bearded man an depicts “El”, the wise one and heavenly father, - an early version of Jehovah. Excavations also show that the Jews had altars of limestone where they honoured their ancestors and made offerings to the natural deities. Rain deities are always popular in desert areas, and the rain god Baal was worshipped in several varieties, - one of which was Jehovah.

http://www.bandoli.no/archaeology.htm

One of many and as the other poster said, you have no more evidence for your fertility god than we do for Zeus, Poseidon, Vishnu, Shiva, Baldr or any of the thousands of other gods that still live or more fortuitously have been relegated to the scrapheap of history we call mythology.

An entirely different question to our resident fundy: what is the molecular composition of heaven and hell? Are they even composed of matter and energy? Are they even part of the known universe or are they magically 'hidden' as are your forever unprovable wrath besotten, anxiety ridden desert deity of goat herders and his alleged 'son' in a loin cloth?

P.S. you have been indoctrinated MCWAY, brutally. Do you really think you would be a biblical creationist if it weren't for having heard it all your childhood and continously as teenager? I think not.
I hate the State.