Author Topic: Obama's appears confused  (Read 723 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Obama's appears confused
« on: January 01, 2008, 08:17:54 PM »
Much like they say Gays are wired from birth or that its genetic...I think politicians are the same way..it would appear Obama knew he'd be a politician or was practicing from an early age. In any event this is a good article. My take..He's full of shit.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/chi-070325obama-youth-story,1,4006113.story?page=2&cset=true&ctrack=1&coll=chi-news-hed

These have been the stories told about the first two character-shaping decades of U.S. Sen. Barack Obama's life, a story line largely shaped by his own best-selling memoir, political speeches and interviews.

But the reality of Obama's narrative is not that simple.

More than 40 interviews with former classmates, teachers, friends and neighbors in his childhood homes of Hawaii and Indonesia, as well as a review of public records, show the arc of Obama's personal journey took him to places and situations far removed from the experience of most Americans.

At the same time, several of his oft-recited stories may not have happened in the way he has recounted them. Some seem to make Obama look better in the retelling, others appear to exaggerate his outward struggles over issues of race, or simply skim over some of the most painful, private moments of his life......

L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Obama's appears confused
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:12:29 PM »
Much like they say Gays are wired from birth or that its genetic...I think politicians are the same way..it would appear Obama knew he'd be a politician or was practicing from an early age. In any event this is a good article. My take..He's full of shit.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/chi-070325obama-youth-story,1,4006113.story?page=2&cset=true&ctrack=1&coll=chi-news-hed

These have been the stories told about the first two character-shaping decades of U.S. Sen. Barack Obama's life, a story line largely shaped by his own best-selling memoir, political speeches and interviews.

But the reality of Obama's narrative is not that simple.

More than 40 interviews with former classmates, teachers, friends and neighbors in his childhood homes of Hawaii and Indonesia, as well as a review of public records, show the arc of Obama's personal journey took him to places and situations far removed from the experience of most Americans.

At the same time, several of his oft-recited stories may not have happened in the way he has recounted them. Some seem to make Obama look better in the retelling, others appear to exaggerate his outward struggles over issues of race, or simply skim over some of the most painful, private moments of his life......

This guy led a privileged life.  Punahou is arguably the best high school in the state.  Both his parents had advanced degrees.  Attended Occidental, Columbia, and Harvard.  Hardly sounds like struggles to me.