Author Topic: Kucinich Asks Supporters To Back Obama As Second Choice In Iowa  (Read 761 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Kucinich Asks Supporters To Back Obama As Second Choice In Iowa
« on: January 01, 2008, 10:23:14 PM »
I doubt this has a significant impact.  I don't suspect many people will be voting for Dennis "I see little green men" Kucinich.  One thing it does show is a lack of unity in the party, similar to what's going on in the Republican party.   

Kucinich Asks Supporters To Back Obama As Second Choice In Iowa
January 1, 2008 04:23 PM

Read More: Barack Obama, Dennis Kucinich, Iowa Caucus, Iowa Caucuses, Kucinich Obama, Breaking Politics News Iowa Off The Bus Politics           

Dennis Kucinich advised his supporters Tuesday that if he failed to garner enough backers in the first round of the Iowa caucuses, they should throw their support behind Sen. Barack Obama.

The surprise move is a setback for John Edwards, who benefited from a similar caucus pact with Kucinich on the eve of voting in 2004.

"I hope Iowans will caucus for me as their first choice this Thursday, Kucinich said in a statement to the press. "But in those caucus locations where my support doesn't reach the necessary threshold, I strongly encourage all of my supporters to make Barack Obama their second choice. Sen. Obama and I have one thing in common: Change."

Second choices can be crucial in Iowa where candidates who do not receive the backing of 15 percent of the caucus voters at any particular precinct are deemed not "viable." Their supporters can then throw their support behind another candidate.

In a race as tight as the Democratic contest in Iowa, the support from former backers of second-tier candidates can be crucial on caucus Night.

In a statement emailed out to reporters, Obama thanked the veteran Ohio Congressman for his support.

"I have a lot of respect for Congressman Kucinich, and I'm honored that he has done this because we both believe deeply in the need for fundamental change," said Senator Obama.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/01/kucinich-asks-supporters-_n_79088.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Kucinich Asks Supporters To Back Obama As Second Choice In Iowa
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:27:12 PM »
I don't suspect many people will be voting for Dennis "I see little green men" Kucinich. 

Hi, prick.  He never said he saw little green men.  You are a moron.

And it will have a significant effect.  Obama and Hilary are neck and neck.  DK's 1 or 2% could swing Iowa, which would swing NH. 

Is this your first rodeo, douchebag?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 07:04:34 PM »
With 92 percent reporting, Martian Man is at zero percent.  I guess he won't be sending many "supporters" Obama's way.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 07:16:11 PM »
With 92 percent reporting, Martian Man is at zero percent.  I guess he won't be sending many "supporters" Obama's way.   :)

You idiot.

You fvcking idiot.

Do you not know how these things work?  DK's supporters would change their position AT THE CAUCUS  - BEFORE it's reported.

If less than 10% of the ppl in the room choose DK, they walk over to the Obama corner.

You are a self-owned fool!  240 disapproves!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 07:54:05 PM »
Aw shucks.  I was so pulling for My Favorite Martian.  Out of all the candidates, he would have been the one who would tell us the truth about Area 51. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 08:16:06 PM »
Aw shucks.  I was so pulling for My Favorite Martian.  Out of all the candidates, he would have been the one who would tell us the truth about Area 51. 

youre embarassed that you didn't know how the voting worked.

haha.