Author Topic: ANY OF YOU GUYS DO OVERHEAD PUSH PRESSES?????  (Read 2964 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: ANY OF YOU GUYS DO OVERHEAD PUSH PRESSES?????
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 08:06:47 AM »
Just make sure you drive your head forward hard once the bar clears it.  Helps lock it out for sure.

Jason
yeah i always do that, an old timer told me one time when i was younger to always push your head through a imaginary window and always push the weight up and back instead of straight up.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2008, 08:09:25 AM »

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2008, 10:55:22 AM »
yeah i always do that, an old timer told me one time when i was younger to always push your head through a imaginary window and always push the weight up and back instead of straight up.

Exactly.  It always seemed to me that the percieved power went up quite a bit when pushing the head through.  Nice numbers too, by the way!

Jason

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2008, 12:22:45 PM »
Exactly.  It always seemed to me that the percieved power went up quite a bit when pushing the head through.  Nice numbers too, by the way!

Jason
thanks man i appreciate it although before your arm injury i'll bet you were pressing at least that much seated and for reps.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2008, 02:14:07 PM »
thanks man i appreciate it although before your arm injury i'll bet you were pressing at least that much seated and for reps.

I did allright.  Strength is relative though.  I weighed 300lbs.

Jason

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2008, 02:48:20 PM »
Always push presses cleaned from the floor.  I love em.  I feel like the whole body is working and shoulder size has not suffered.  Bring it up from the floor.  Rest it on the upper chest and get the legs moving, drop under the weight while pushing it up, lock, drop to upper chest and repeat.  5x5 on these is great. 

This is exactly what i do!

Great overall exercise and very functional, i always visualise myself pressing someone overhead when doing this exercise