Author Topic: APT'S CONVICT PRO KNEE WRAPS ARE IN!!!  (Read 16930 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
APT'S CONVICT PRO KNEE WRAPS ARE IN!!!
« on: January 02, 2008, 05:29:31 PM »
AND LOOK SICK! I'll be trying them friday and I'll let you guys know how they end up working out because alot of you have pm'd me asking about them. I got the 2.5m version with velcro.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: APT'S CONVICT PRO KNEE WRAPS ARE IN!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 05:48:02 PM »
AND LOOK SICK! I'll be trying them friday and I'll let you guys know how they end up working out because alot of you have pm'd me asking about them. I got the 2.5m version with velcro.

Got mine today too.  Theyre THICK.  2.5m here as well.  And, for the record, Velcro on a kneewrap is as useless at a onlyme on a bulking diet.

Jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 06:24:21 PM »
Got mine today too.  Theyre THICK.  2.5m here as well.  And, for the record, Velcro on a kneewrap is as useless at a onlyme on a bulking diet.

Jason

I actually asked for no velcro but they showed up with some so instead of sending them back and waiting fro everyone else to get theirs THEN mine.. I just ordered another set!  ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 05:13:38 PM »
TRIED THEM TODAY AND LOVED THEM!!! I gave my iron z wraps away to a buddy of mine that has some shitty harbinger ones since I have another pair of convict pros on the way. A MUST HAVE AND A GREAT PRICE! I didn't expect to get much out of the bottom but it felt GREAT! I wrapped out on both knees while crossed over the patella and it felt as if someone was pushing my knees apart in the hole and it made a huge differnce coming out of the bottom. I felt like I could squat all day in these!

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 07:35:50 PM »
All day??? Not tight enough then.  All I want to do after I get wraps on is get them off!

Jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 07:37:28 PM »
All day??? Not tight enough then.  All I want to do after I get wraps on is get them off!

Jason

They were so damn tight I had to have help getting up out off the bench because I couldn't flex my knees unless i was under weight. HAHA Is that tight enough?

did you get my pm too JP!?!

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 07:40:08 PM »
They were so damn tight I had to have help getting up out off the bench because I couldn't flex my knees unless i was under weight. HAHA Is that tight enough?

Soubds about right...You take them off between sets?  Your calves change color?

Jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 07:41:10 PM »
Soubds about right...You take them off between sets?  Your calves change color?

Jason

I did between sets... and after 10 reps I couldn't feel my feet in my shoes. You gotten a chance to wear'em yet?

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 07:58:30 PM »

I did between sets... and after 10 reps I couldn't feel my feet in my shoes. You gotten a chance to wear'em yet?

Nope.  Wraps fpr me are a meet only deal.

Jason

cauthon

• Getbig II
  • Craig Killed for you Bitches
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 01:58:22 PM »

You wrap for sets of ten? Interesting, any reason behind that?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 04:20:38 PM »

did you get my pm too JP!?!
that's the way they should be, you should have to have two friends pull you off the bench when you're done wrapping but why on earth are you wrapping up tight for a set of 10?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 07:36:04 PM »
that's the way they should be, you should have to have two friends pull you off the bench when you're done wrapping but why on earth are you wrapping up tight for a set of 10?

I don't have good knees..never have. They hurt like hell when I squat and wraps not only keep the fluid pressure in there and keep them from popping but also give me peace of mind.. I'd rather focus on the lift than when what my knees are doing. I can't even sit indian style on teh floor without them locking up. Years of playing tennis with flat feet on hard courts I'm told did me in. Just sitting in this chair movign them around I can feel my right one pop'n. It's either wrap and squat or legpress...

I'd rather play than warm the bench.  :-\  I've been squatting like this for awhile though with no problems.. what's with the "why do you wrap for a set of 10" ?!  ???

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 07:58:34 AM »
I don't have good knees..never have. They hurt like hell when I squat and wraps not only keep the fluid pressure in there and keep them from popping but also give me peace of mind.. I'd rather focus on the lift than when what my knees are doing. I can't even sit indian style on teh floor without them locking up. Years of playing tennis with flat feet on hard courts I'm told did me in. Just sitting in this chair movign them around I can feel my right one pop'n. It's either wrap and squat or legpress...

I'd rather play than warm the bench.  :-\  I've been squatting like this for awhile though with no problems.. what's with the "why do you wrap for a set of 10" ?!  ???
because no one other than newbies wrap for sub maximal sets.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 04:29:01 PM »
because no one other than newbies wrap for sub maximal sets.

I used to wrap for low weight sets but my knees were much worse than they are now and the wraps were light. Every now and again I need to wrap on a low weight set if I messed my knees up earlier in the week. Push press usually does me in.

Bodvar

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 02:08:29 PM »
Bolton wraps up on just about every set he does

cauthon

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 10:34:59 PM »
I ended up borrowing a pair of ATP's Blue Mambas in the warm up room yesterday. I lent my metals to a new lifter that forgot his. Went nine for nine and so promptly negotiated the sale of said Mambas.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 04:27:22 PM »
I ended up borrowing a pair of ATP's Blue Mambas in the warm up room yesterday. I lent my metals to a new lifter that forgot his. Went nine for nine and so promptly negotiated the sale of said Mambas.

convict pros...

more rubber than the mambas and more rebound out of the bottom. WELL worth the money man.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 04:30:52 PM »
convict pros...

more rubber than the mambas and more rebound out of the bottom. WELL worth the money man.

Theyre pretty sick, thats for sure.

Jason

cauthon

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 08:07:34 PM »
convict pros...

They were the same color as my shirt. Never underestimate the power of looking good...

Actually in all seriousness I felt they gave less then the metals but they didnt push my knees forward so I was burying everything. Maybe when I am squating a lot more I will need my wraps to have maximum zing but for now easy going is fine by me.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 06:44:10 PM »
first day with the same APT pro convicts .....in fact first time ever wrapping knees period....

I got 475 for 3's and 455 for a set of 4 before I got this on tape....

I had never had anything heavier than 425 on my back before tonight...

455 x3

just above parallel though

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 03:34:57 PM »
NICE SQUATTING!

those are the strangulator sets..not the convict pros...convict pros are black with white rubber. Alan says what you have is the same shit but softer material!  ;D

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 04:58:24 PM »
Damn, Geos a strong old fuccker!

That HRT works wonders, eh?

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 09:35:17 PM »
NICE SQUATTING!

those are the strangulator sets..not the convict pros...convict pros are black with white rubber. Alan says what you have is the same shit but softer material!  ;D

they must have got the order screwed up then because even the confermation email they sent said I had convicts coming.....

either way the support and added confidence is a huge help

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 07:24:37 PM »
they must have got the order screwed up then because even the confermation email they sent said I had convicts coming.....

either way the support and added confidence is a huge help

Convicts look like this:

Jason

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2008, 08:30:36 AM »
Ask Alan when his wraps will be made available in IPF competition.
As empty as paradise