Author Topic: Romney camp targets Norris on Caucus eve  (Read 486 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Romney camp targets Norris on Caucus eve
« on: January 02, 2008, 09:00:54 PM »
(CNN) — Mike Huckabee and Chuck Norris may be the political odd couple of this campaign season, but now Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney is trying to use the action star to try to score points against the former Arkansas governor.

In a new Web video, "Roundhouse kick," the Romney campaign uses the format that's become familiar over several weeks of anti-Huckabee spots. "Two good men, both into fitness. Both love Chuck Norris," says the announcer.

"But where do they stand on crime? Chuck Norris: 'give a presidential pardon to no one, ever.' Norris subdues criminals with just an icy stare."

"And Mike Huckabee? He granted 1,033 pardons and commutations, including 12 convicted murderers. Huckabee granted more clemencies than the previous three governors combined. Chuck Norris, Mike Huckabee. Now who deserves the roundhouse kick?"

The ad comes just hours after a blogger at a Huckabee campaign event asked the martial arts star, "How much do you want to roundhouse kick Mitt Romney?"

Norris responded, laughing: "No, I don"t roundhouse kick. I choke," reminding reporters of an interview with CNN's Larry King where he'd criticized the Romney campaign and said he'd "just like to choke those guys out." He added later that "truthfully, I hate negative campaigning."