Author Topic: The gym's are dead  (Read 1733 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
The gym's are dead
« on: January 02, 2008, 11:05:46 PM »
training has never been better, less people around, can jump on any machine without waiting, and the cardio section is deserted, when do the New years resolutionist kick in....then kick out.

Gym dude

• Getbig III
Re: The gym's are dead
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 11:11:12 PM »
That one thingh I enjoy about training in the hoilday peorid. I can jump on any bench or machine with out waiting to use it.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 11:49:56 PM »
i'd think holidays will be the busiest time

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 12:09:23 AM »
Not at the gym that I go it has been quiet expect for Boxing Day when it busy.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 12:12:41 AM »
I'm back at my regular gym today for the first time this year - I'd been training at a more local one on a temporary basis while the holidays were on. I'll discover today how many non-regulars there are who have made their pathetic new year resolutions to get buff and then disappear by the end of January - should be fun.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 12:41:47 AM »
I'm back at my regular gym today for the first time this year - I'd been training at a more local one on a temporary basis while the holidays were on. I'll discover today how many non-regulars there are who have made their pathetic new year resolutions to get buff and then disappear by the end of January - should be fun.

Along with the 'I don't want to get too big, or look like a bodybuilder' group

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 02:18:08 AM »
Along with the 'I don't want to get too big, or look like a bodybuilder' group

my fav 2 groups.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 02:23:14 AM »
Got some equipment and nearly 400 pounds worth of weights at home,Squats are going to be difficult im going to have to clean and jerk the weight just to get into position, I need a Power Rack
Arnold For President 2012.2016

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 02:24:38 AM »
Yeah its been great... Quite a good atmosphere with only the serious dudes being in there... On the flipside though, ive never talked so much in the gym as a consequence...
P

Steve Pulcinella

• Getbig II
  • www.ironsport.com
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 05:58:44 AM »
Our gym was busy through December, dead between xmas eve and new years day and bursting at the seams last night. I don't know if it's only an east coast thing but we die in the summer months. We have a predominantly 20 something, male clientele and are located about 1.5 hours from the Jersey shore so when summer rolls around everybody would rather be out drinking.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 06:13:59 AM »
Got some equipment and nearly 400 pounds worth of weights at home,Squats are going to be difficult im going to have to clean and jerk the weight just to get into position, I need a Power Rack

i have that problem... I've found that lunges are a decent substitute... a bar with 185 for a shitload of reps is a decent replacement.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 06:33:14 AM »
Our gym was busy through December, dead between xmas eve and new years day and bursting at the seams last night. I don't know if it's only an east coast thing but we die in the summer months. We have a predominantly 20 something, male clientele and are located about 1.5 hours from the Jersey shore so when summer rolls around everybody would rather be out drinking.
TRUE ,but the club i go to has been steadily declining in clientel the last 2 or so yrs,in the same couple mile radius is a few gyms offering 20/30 per mnth,compared to 62 a month where i train,problem is i pay for the friggin racquetball courts i have never stepped foot in.but i like the equipment so i stay.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 07:32:48 AM »

I watched that show about the Jersey Shore on MTV. I am sorry you have to deal with those type of people everyday. :(
E

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 07:55:11 AM »
I watched that show about the Jersey Shore on MTV. I am sorry you have to deal with those type of people everyday. :(
JERSEY is jersey if u grow up there u understand and accept the way of life,jersey isnt all malls and bad hair fads.

Steve Pulcinella

• Getbig II
  • www.ironsport.com
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 11:02:34 AM »
I'm actually in PA just south of Philly so I don't get the north Jersey boys in here. The guys that go to my place are all cool though. There is an LA Fitness not too far from us that all the bodybuilders go to so we don't have to deal with them. We have a lot of powerlifters/strongmen/olympic lifters and lots of regular folk.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 09:52:39 PM »
my gym is packed

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 10:00:00 PM »
Not at the gym that I go it has been quiet expect for Boxing Day when it busy.
hahahhaah canadians are funny.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!