Author Topic: Why are rape victims punished by Islamic courts as adulterers?  (Read 1028 times)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Why are rape victims punished by Islamic courts as adulterers?
« on: January 03, 2008, 08:58:25 AM »
Under Islamic law, rape can only be proven if the rapist confesses or if there are four male witnesses.  Women who allege rape, without the benefit of the act having been witnessed by four men who subsequently develop a conscience, are actually confessing to having sex.  If they or the accused happens to be married, then it is considered to be adultery.

The Qur'an:
Sura 2:282 - Establishes that a woman's testimony is worth only half that of a man's in court (there is no "he said/she said" gridlock in Islam).

Sura (24:4) - "And those who accuse free women then do not bring four witnesses (to adultery), flog them..."

Sura (24:13) - "Why did they not bring four witnesses of it? But as they have not brought witnesses they are liars before Allah."

Bukhari (5:59:462) - The background for the Qur'anic requirement of four witnesses to adultery.  Muhammad's favorite wife, Aisha, was accused of cheating [on her polygamous husband].  Three witnesses corroborated the event, but Muhammad did not want to believe it, and so established the arbitrary rule that four witnesses are required.

Rape is virtually impossible to prove under Islamic law (Sharia) and even in more moderate countries.  If the man claims that the act was consensual sex, there is very little that the woman can do to refute this.  Islam places the burden of avoiding sexual encounters of any sort on the woman

And this is the religion of peace  ???

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Why are rape victims punished by Islamic courts as adulterers?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 09:06:53 AM »
Religion of equality.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 09:34:49 AM »
How is it equality when a woman need 4 witness to confirm rape?  ???

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 09:41:27 AM »
How is it equality when a woman need 4 witness to confirm rape?  ???

lol I was being sarcastic.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 10:27:42 AM »
Here is what I do not get and where I think Trump and others are going to lose alot of money.

How do you plan on making Dubai the leading tourist attraction in the world when it is under Shari law?

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 10:36:10 AM »
Here is what I do not get and where I think Trump and others are going to lose alot of money.

How do you plan on making Dubai the leading tourist attraction in the world when it is under Shari law?

Tourists will be exempt. Muslims are not idiots haha

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 10:58:05 AM »
Tourists will be exempt. Muslims are not idiots haha

Huh?
Yeah OK  ::)

That is why a 15 ear old boy from London was on TV last week as having been charged with being homosexual and London Embassy told him to flee the country.

More and more cases are going public, and the Dubai offices are trying to settle to keep it quiet