Author Topic: What an annoying C$nt  (Read 638 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
What an annoying C$nt
« on: January 03, 2008, 12:00:07 PM »
the realtor is a dumbass.

Peter Schiff has it right.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: What an annoying C$nt
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 12:02:52 PM »
you have a few million houses without people to live in them.

That is the problem.

everyone borrowed to buy a second home, or one they couldn't afford, cause the rates were great.

problem is, nobody realized you have 310 million people here, and more than 310 million homes.

There are houses sitting empty all over the nation, and they will stay empty until you tear down old ones or the population grows.  Period.

Cavuto's headline was a ratings ploy to get worried homeowner fox viewers to watch his show that night.  2008 will suck.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »
Real Estate Agents ALWAYS say it's a good time to buy.

She was only right about one thing - RE is all local.   There are area of the US where prices are still holding steady and/or have edged up slightly (my area luckily being one of those....so far) but that may change.

The RE boom of the last 6 years was driven by easy money and that is GONE and in fact credit guidelines are tighter for ALL types of borrowers.   In my opinion this will be a real drag on home sales/values going forward.

On the other hand, I've read that rents in some areas are going up because people who formerly would have been buyers are now either choosing to rent or being forced to rent and that may provide some buoyancy to values (one can hope right?)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 09:22:08 PM »
Real Estate Agents ALWAYS say it's a good time to buy.

She was only right about one thing - RE is all local.   There are area of the US where prices are still holding steady and/or have edged up slightly (my area luckily being one of those....so far) but that may change.

The RE boom of the last 6 years was driven by easy money and that is GONE and in fact credit guidelines are tighter for ALL types of borrowers.   In my opinion this will be a real drag on home sales/values going forward.

On the other hand, I've read that rents in some areas are going up because people who formerly would have been buyers are now either choosing to rent or being forced to rent and that may provide some buoyancy to values (one can hope right?)

That is always what happens.  If alot of people are renting, rent starts to go higher. Then you get all these ads for "Buy a home for less than rent"   These are 10 year cycles from what ive noticed.  The prices are a gradual markup until it favors the other.

The problem now is wages cant meet "Buying" and soon wont meet "Renting" :-\