Author Topic: History has been made! Barrack Obama wins in IOWA!  (Read 7201 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: History has been made! Barrack Obama wins in IOWA!
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 07:28:28 PM »
This does not look like a 240 or Bust website.

hahaha

as much as I love politics, I do not TOUCH political websites, as a rule.

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 07:29:03 PM »
Check out his positions before you vote!  

He likes the war in Iraq, he supports most Bush policies.  He wants to put a 23% sales tax on everyting you buy and eliminate the income tax.  Milk is going to get expensive under Huck.

Likeable guy - but his positions are similar to Dubya.

we get a sales tax but he gets rid of everything else!!! tax brackets, capital gains, etc.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 07:30:18 PM »
calm down tiger, its only politics :D we can argue back and forth on the whole faith thing

You can have and practice whatever faith you want, but it doesn't belong anywhere near government.  If you want a theocracy, try Iran or Saudi.
Ron: "I am lazy."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 07:31:29 PM »
we get a sales tax but he gets rid of everything else!!! tax brackets, capital gains, etc.

It's great on paper.
However, the bottom 20% of our nation - the poor folk - are going to get totally screwed.  They already don't pay anything in taxes, and they spend all their income at walmart.

When everything at walmart goes up 23%, they stop buying.

Your middle class portfolio drops in every industry.

Your upper class net worth JUMPS in year one, but falls every year after that.

Sad but true.  Flat tax looks awesome but cripples poor, and they stop spending, which hurts everyone.

El Guapo

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 07:32:15 PM »

You can have and practice whatever faith you want, but it doesn't belong anywhere near government.  If you want a theocracy, try Iran or Saudi.

I do agree with you. Faith in politics has delayed the advancement of science a great deal.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2008, 07:33:36 PM »

You're kidding right?  He's a fuccking BAPTIST MINISTER! The Christards have already had eight years in the white house from which to spew their dark-ages religious propaganda.  I think that's more than enough.  If one of the bible-beaters takes the GOP nomination, I'm voting Dem for the first time in my life.  >:(

Agree! If a bible beater gets in we are Fu*ked! For a long time.

El Guapo

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 07:35:59 PM »
It's great on paper.
However, the bottom 20% of our nation - the poor folk - are going to get totally screwed.  They already don't pay anything in taxes, and they spend all their income at walmart.

When everything at walmart goes up 23%, they stop buying.

Your middle class portfolio drops in every industry.

Your upper class net worth JUMPS in year one, but falls every year after that.

Sad but true.  Flat tax looks awesome but cripples poor, and they stop spending, which hurts everyone.

this is going to sound bad.... I have no sympathy for the botton 20%, they are that way for a reason. These people dont have the drive to do anything let alone do better for themselves. These people have the power to take their destiny in their own hands yet they do NOTHING.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2008, 07:40:53 PM »
this is going to sound bad.... I have no sympathy for the botton 20%, they are that way for a reason. These people dont have the drive to do anything let alone do better for themselves. These people have the power to take their destiny in their own hands yet they do NOTHING.

re-read what I wrote.

It's not about them.  It's about YOU.

When they cut their spending by 30%, YOU WILL FEEL IT.

Your stock in every company will drop.  Remember- they spend everything they earn.  If you raise the price, they stop spending so much.  When 50 million people cut their spending at Walmart by 30%, what does that do to WMT in your stock portfolio?

andddddddddd.... when that happens, walmart cuts 20% of their staff.  So you have a shitload of new homeless people sapping up welfare and emergency room services. 

This doesn't just happen at walmart, it happens at every store, every industry, every plant.

You NEED the poor to keep your money, bro.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2008, 07:43:59 PM »
hahaha

as much as I love politics, I do not TOUCH political websites, as a rule.

Then change your rule.  Hope this helps.

PS - Larry Silverstein decided to "pull it".
Bodybuilding Pro.com

El Guapo

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 07:45:13 PM »
re-read what I wrote.

Your stock in every company will drop.  Remember- they spend everything they earn.  If you raise the price, they stop spending so much.  When 50 million people cut their spending at Walmart by 30%, what does that do to WMT in your stock portfolio?

andddddddddd.... when that happens, walmart cuts 20% of their staff.  So you have a shitload of new homeless people sapping up welfare and emergency room services. 

This doesn't just happen at walmart, it happens at every store, every industry, every plant.

that was a very intelligent post. sorry i did not read your comments more carefully.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2008, 07:46:17 PM »
re-read what I wrote.

Nah.... you just dump the sectors that would be most effected.  Get rid of low-end retail, consumer discretionary, tech, etc... redeploy in healthcare, energy, basic materials, defense, etc.

Only problem is, 23% wouldn't do it... I doubt the plan would be revenue-neutral, either on paper or in practice.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2008, 07:47:35 PM »
no worries.  I used to LOVE the flat tax in 92 when Forbes was pushing it.  It's FAIR!

But, the poor 'spending class' is what makes all us middle=classers live so well :)
We can't cripple them or they'll be dying in the streets and sticking guns in our ribs in parking lots lol...

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2008, 07:48:11 PM »
At this point, any way possible to keep Hillary out of office is going to have to suffice.  

Obama has zero experience in dealing with other countries in any way (except for a token visit or three) and hasn't proven he can run ANYTHING whatsoever.  Someone like that should scare the living hell out of EVERY American when it comes to being in office.  However....

Hillary is a power hungry, corrupt to the core, lying, POS communist that would be an absolute DISASTER for the country if elected.  The economy would TANK under her, other countries would laugh at the U.S. (like it or not, there isn't a Muslim country on EARTH that would respect or fear her as a leader.  Japan and China would laugh at her as well).  I honestly can't think of a SINGLE positive thing she'd bring to office.  Nothing whatsoever.  What has she EVER proven she CAN DO besides be a carpet bagger and assist her husband in arranging "suicides" for an inordinate amount of people they've both come in contact with?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2008, 07:49:37 PM »

Well, there are really two mindsets for American foreign policy.

You need an ass-kicker for 8 years to take oil and bases.  Bush did that.
You need a 'healer' to make friends overseas for 8 years.  The Dem will do that.

You need BOTH parties to keep the cycle going.  Bush kicked ass and the world hates us.  The Dem will make friends and heal relations, but won't kick ass for a bit.
Maybe in years past. American doesn't really have a foreign policy per se. It is really just a puppet being driven by domestic policy. Hell, there are no statesmen anymore. Just politicians looking after theirs and their own. Presidents used to set up policy for years after their term. Now, they just slash and burn in office and say fuck it to whomever follows. Bush is particularly egregious example. I think (hope) Americans will look back on his term/s with the same revulsion that you do with the HUAC years. In any case, the upcoming financial crunch will have all your wagons being circled regardless of promises or intentions.  :-\   

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2008, 07:49:37 PM »
no worries.  I used to LOVE the flat tax in 92 when Forbes was pushing it.  It's FAIR!

But, the poor 'spending class' is what makes all us middle=classers live so well :)
We can't cripple them or they'll be dying in the streets and sticking guns in our ribs in parking lots lol...

How are you "middle class" making only $300 a website?  :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2008, 07:50:43 PM »

Nah.... you just dump the sectors that would be most effected.  Get rid of low-end retail, consumer discretionary, tech, etc... redeploy in healthcare, energy, basic materials, defense, etc.

that'd help you individually in the short-term.
But the social burden would hurt on the macro level.

You're going to have a few hundred more homeless asking for dollars in the Piney Point Villages of the world.  ANd when you stop giving, they're going to stop being friendly.

It ain't fair, but we have to keep the poor from becoming the desperate.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2008, 07:52:24 PM »
Maybe in years past. American doesn't really have a foreign policy per se. It is really just a puppet being driven by domestic policy. Hell, there are no statesmen anymore. Just politicians looking after theirs and their own. Presidents used to set up policy for years after their term. Now, they just slash and burn in office and say fuck it to whomever follows. Bush is particularly egregious example. I think (hope) Americans will look back on his term/s with the same revulsion that you do with the HUAC years. In any case, the upcoming financial crunch will have all your wagons being circled regardless of promises or intentions.  :-\  

Look at history - in the last 30 years, it's been a cucle of peace/conquering.

Bush did a good job at his PNAC goals - building bases, contorlling oil, establishing a presence over there. 

But for longterm world success, we need to be perceived as "not the asshole anymore'

Besides, we all know that no President is allowed to fvck things up.  They're kept on short leashes on things that matter. 

El Guapo

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2008, 07:52:28 PM »

Only problem is, 23% wouldn't do it... I doubt the plan would be revenue-neutral, either on paper or in practice.

if you owned specific sectors and felt like gambling with your money then sure. however mutual funds would be hit hard, and mutual funds are what most investors own.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2008, 07:53:29 PM »

You're going to have a few hundred more homeless asking for dollars in the Piney Point Villages of the world.  ANd when you stop giving, they're going to stop being friendly.

Homeless aren't allowed around here.

And if they stop being friendly, we have more and better guns.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2008, 07:54:16 PM »
How are you "middle class" making only $300 a website?  :D

I spend my spare time collecting neighborhood puppy dogs, which I sell to my local Chinese restaurant.

They find good homes for them!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2008, 07:55:03 PM »

Well, there are really two mindsets for American foreign policy.

You need an ass-kicker for 8 years to take oil and bases.  Bush did that.
You need a 'healer' to make friends overseas for 8 years.  The Dem will do that.

You need BOTH parties to keep the cycle going.  Bush kicked ass and the world hates us.  The Dem will make friends and heal relations, but won't kick ass for a bit.

Brilliantly said!  It's so annoying when people polarize the issue!  Just call the Republicans the Gambinos and the Democrats the Genoveses.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2008, 07:55:28 PM »
Homeless aren't allowed around here.
And if they stop being friendly, we have more and better guns.  ;D

yeah, but eventually it'll affect everyone.  Your kids can't go to the movies or the grocery stores with the AR-15 on their side.  

We have to take care of idiots in this society or they can fvck up our lives.  Sad but true.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2008, 07:55:53 PM »
I spend my spare time collecting neighborhood puppy dogs, which I sell to my local Chinese restaurant.

LOL!  ;D

El Guapo

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2008, 07:57:23 PM »

I though I tasted something that just wasnt right. you are in the tampa area right 240?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2008, 07:58:05 PM »
Brilliantly said!  It's so annoying when people polarize the issue!  Just call the Republicans the Gambinos and the Democrats the Genoveses.

People call them incompetent, but they're not.  Bush did everything he said he'd do!

We voted him in because that's what our goals were too - mid east pipeline and strengthen belt defenses against a strengthening Russia.

Now we're collectively tired of the war and are sick of being hated when we vacation in Europe.  A Dem will fix that.

Politicians are fun to pick on, but they generally do a good job. We're living awesome in the USA despite not having as many competitive advantages as in the past.  I like to complain, but I commend their job at keeping this USA boat afloat!