Author Topic: Barack Obama wins Iowa Caucuses!  (Read 5354 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Barack Obama wins Iowa Caucuses!
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 10:28:09 PM »
and you think putting a "likeable" face on the forefront of our Nation is going to make the China-Russia-Iran complex roll in flower and blow us kisses?

If there's one thing, Bush kept Putin in check. He hates American and you ought to know how the guy got into power in the first place to understand where he's going. He's a very dangerous man. Blackmailed the entire Yeltsin regime and walked his way up. He hates America and simply uses our "unpopularity" to pull the strings....

I didn't say I was going to vote for Obama. 

But I do think that "Bring it on" mentality is costing us so many things on so many levels...

It's unnecessary.  "Walk softly an dcarry a big stick" is just as effective.

We have the force but we have lacked dignity and grace as world leaders.  It's basically, "you're with us, or your against us".  If you need proof, look at the coalition of the "willing" that is with us in Iraq now, vs. 1991.  Much smaller group.  Nations don't line up behind us anymore, and that worries me.  Give it full generation of this cycle and the world will see us as tyrants.  That's not good.

Alex23

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 10:30:26 PM »
I didn't say I was going to vote for Obama. 

But I do think that "Bring it on" mentality is costing us so many things on so many levels...

It's unnecessary.  "Walk softly an dcarry a big stick" is just as effective.

We have the force but we have lacked dignity and grace as world leaders.  It's basically, "you're with us, or your against us".  If you need proof, look at the coalition of the "willing" that is with us in Iraq now, vs. 1991.  Much smaller group.  Nations don't line up behind us anymore, and that worries me.  Give it full generation of this cycle and the world will see us as tyrants.  That's not good.

You think "Obama" would be less of a Tyrant than "Huckabee" ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 10:34:24 PM »

I think neither has much foreign policy experience.  Both would depend upon a wiser veep.

But -

As far as USA PR for the rest of the world, someone perceived as "not like Bush" will help us in every possible category.  I voted for Bush twice, so it's not like I"m hating on him - he did complete his goals in office - but the world needs a gentler face on us, if we intend to maintain longterm relationships in an increasingly global marketplace.  china is a generation away from being a beast.  the arab states are a T3 away from discovering what they're sitting on and stopping shooting each other over words in a book, and using the most valubale resouce on earth. 

Look at the trends.  They are dropping the dollar.  Public opinion polls very low.  Yes, we can have the biggest dick and smack everyone with it... but one by one, they'll stop doing business with us.  Then it doesn't matter how touch we are.  FIrms then nations will stop dealing with US firms, or abandon the dollar.  You can bully yourself into lonliness.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 10:35:51 PM »

and I dont think either man will likely get the eventual nod.  It's possible... but I sitll think it'll be Romney vs. Hilary in the general.  Who knows though.  I could care less.  I have no clue how I'll vote this time.  They're all pretty similar, and policy will be the close to the same under whoever gets in.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 07:45:16 AM »
PRESIDENT OBAMA!

sounds great to me :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 09:12:49 AM »
PRESIDENT OBAMA!

sounds great to me :D

He has a long way to go to win the primary. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 09:14:59 AM »
He has a long way to go to win the primary. 

huh?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 09:17:52 AM »
I'm sorry but some of u guys are nuts....Obama is an idiot..he has no foreign policy ideas except lets sit down and talk. Our enemies are praying that this guy gets in. In will domestic liberal bullshit and foreign appeasement for 4 years. U think Bush did damage..he's cleaning up for some of Clinton's misteps. Obama is ablack skinned Carter..Carter did more damage in 4 years then Bush or Clinton could do in 10 terms as president. If Hil gets in..no big deal..but this guy..no fucking way.
L

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 09:20:02 AM »
Barack osama  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 09:21:26 AM »
I'm sorry but some of u guys are nuts....Obama is an idiot..he has no foreign policy ideas except lets sit down and talk. Our enemies are praying that this guy gets in. In will domestic liberal bullshit and foreign appeasement for 4 years. U think Bush did damage..he's cleaning up for some of Clinton's misteps. Obama is ablack skinned Carter..Carter did more damage in 4 years then Bush or Clinton could do in 10 terms as president. If Hil gets in..no big deal..but this guy..no fucking way.

I have a hard time believing he is a serious threat to be the Democrat nominee.  At this point, I see him finishing third behind Hillary and Edwards when it's all said and done. 

We'll see just how powerful Oprah is.   :-\

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 09:25:43 AM »
Tust me if Obama can win in Iowa, which is 97% white pop, then things are looking good for him :D.  He will bring change to America, look at how bad America is doing now?  Things need to change and Obama is going to be the one who makes those changes

Explain how he will bring change? Since you know geography so well you are sure to enlighten us with your political knowledge...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 09:30:02 AM »
Yeah please do....Beach I hope ur right..I really do. This guy is exactly the wrong dude at this point in history
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 09:36:43 AM »
I have a hard time believing he is a serious threat to be the Democrat nominee.  At this point, I see him finishing third behind Hillary and Edwards when it's all said and done. 

We'll see just how powerful Oprah is.   :-\

Last time I checked buddy power = money

She is also regarded in sociological and psychological circles as a "power asset" and the "epitome of star power" as one Yale psychologist called her in his book, regarding mass psychology.

What is up with this "change" theme?

Another president without a lengthy resume? Another president in bed with major corporations (see Time Warner)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2008, 09:45:02 AM »
Last time I checked buddy power = money

She is also regarded in sociological and psychological circles as a "power asset" and the "epitome of star power" as one Yale psychologist called her in his book, regarding mass psychology.

What is up with this "change" theme?

Another president without a lengthy resume? Another president in bed with major corporations (see Time Warner)

She's definitely one of the most powerful persons in the country.  Anyone who can put a book on the best seller list just by spending about 30 or 45 minutes talking about the book is a major player.  Her astronomical net worth helps too. 

I don't buy the "change" argument from most candidates.  It's pretty much impossible to get elected without huge funding sources and candidates, after they're elected, always put their major donors at the front of the line.  I doubt that ever changes. 

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2008, 10:35:45 AM »
you are an ignorant schmuck. go watch c-span, msnbc, cnn, and download some you tube videos of different speeches and such... then ceem back and talk about politics.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2008, 10:43:27 AM »

I'll ask you a second time, HH6.

What has Obama said he'll do which makes him "dangerous" on foreign policy?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2008, 10:49:53 AM »
I'll ask you a second time, HH6.

What has Obama said he'll do which makes him "dangerous" on foreign policy?
the guy is an ignorant, conservative, simple minded, anti-change, catholic hypocrit(most likely).      a follower who follows those who follow...and is lead by those who know not how to lead. hes a closed minded douchebag!

thats why he thinks obama is dangerous on foreign policy.

and also; hes most likely and intolerant racist.

oh; and probably and exterior homophobe interior closet case.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2008, 10:59:30 AM »
Cand, I'll give HH6 a chance to defned his repeated statement that Obama is "dangerous".

if he's just repeating what he's heard on talk radio, that will be clear.
IF he gives us a nice list of things Obama has said he'll do, which are dangerous, I'll agree with him.

I'd like to hear his response.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2008, 11:19:35 AM »
the guy is an ignorant, conservative, simple minded, anti-change, catholic hypocrit(most likely).      a follower who follows those who follow...and is lead by those who know not how to lead. hes a closed minded douchebag!

No he isn't.  He's one of the smartest guys on the board.  He's a major in the Army, has been to combat, traveled to different parts of the world.  He knows what he's talking about. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2008, 12:26:50 PM »
No he isn't.  He's one of the smartest guys on the board.  He's a major in the Army, has been to combat, traveled to different parts of the world.  He knows what he's talking about. 

yeah, and youre a college professor who admitted you dropped out of high school.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2008, 01:56:28 PM »
Candizzel or whatever..aren't u in highschool or used to be a fat kid or whatever....ur wayyyyy over ur heard so go play in some traffic. 240 I will define or explain what i mean. I don't care what his domestic policy is..it will be some useless liberal bullshit that all the dems will probably follow. I don't thinbk the guy can do to much damage in 4 years domestically. As far as his foreign policy...

Willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Kim Jung Il & Hugo Chavez
Q: In July, you were asked if you were willing to meet separately without pre-condition during your first year with Fidel Castro, Kim Jung Il, Hugo Chavez. You said yes. You stand by that?
A: I do. Now, I did not say that I would be meeting with all of them. I said I'd be willing to. Obviously, there is a difference between pre-conditions and preparation. Pre-conditions, which was what the question was in that debate, means that we won't meet with people unless they've already agreed to the very things that we expect to be meeting with them about. And obviously, when we say to Iran, "We won't meet with you until you've agreed to all the terms that we've laid out," from their perspective that's not a negotiation, that's not a meeting.

There is no talking to any of these people. Castro will be dead and we'll have a new vacation spot soon, let him die..don't meddle..don't do anything and we'll get what we want. His regime is amajor Human rights violator..don't legitimize him. Don't spit on 40 plus years of American foreign policy. NK...Clinton tried that. King Jung Ill is full of shit. U want to control him..deal with China instead. He can't feed his own people. I've been to South Korea several times..they don't trust him despiet their new sunshine policy. Let the South take the lead. Chavez will strangle himself..let him rant all he wants.

Invest in our relationship with Mexico
Making sure that we are investing in our relationship with Mexico so that people in Mexico feel as if they can raise a family and have a good life on the other side of the border is going to be critical; making certain that we have strong border security is important; a pathway to citizenship is something that I've been committed to since I came to the US Senate.
Source: 2007 Democratic primary debate on Univision in Spanish Sep 9, 2007

All bullshit for the media

Strengthen NATO to face 21st-century threats
Barack Obama will restore America's leadership abroad, reform and enhance international organizations and strengthen our alliances. He will strengthen NATO to face 21st-century threats, forge a new and lasting framework for collective security in Asia, and work with other countries around the world to combat global climate change.

Yeah....

Nato is an obsolete concept. they won't fight in Afghanistan and are only good for peacekeeping. I don't include the Commonwealth nations..they are kicking ass over there. Several former eastern block countries are doing well.

This is some of his idiocy but I will post more.

L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2008, 02:05:32 PM »

While I should'nt stoop to ur ignorant namecalling..I think i should

Ok pimpleface...Yep I'm a catholic..so what. Haven't set foot inside a church in years. What don't like catholics..whats that make u..oh yeah ignorant..moron.. ::)
next... intolerant..look u idiot. I've actually been to all those countries u see on the news..so if I post on something here its generally because it comes from real experiance..not from surfing the net.   As far as being led by people etc etc etc..what are u talking about...I don't care what color Obama is...he can be purple for all i care...stop apologizing for being white dumbass. He's an idiot and a phony and would be a disaster as president.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2008, 02:30:39 PM »
the mex relationship is a non-issue.  I't sgoing to happen.

as far as the others, you make good points - but DANGEROUS?

Building up NATO = dangerous?
Negotiating with enemies instead of massing troops at their boarders is how every prez until Bush did it.... or you do both.  but to ignore nations that beg to talk... that's asinine... we talked to the russians for 40 years during the cold war, remember?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2008, 02:40:27 PM »
They are not begging to talk....he's playing politics...non of these ideas are new. I will post more stuff here ina bit. You dismissed the mexican thing  because its not going to happen..I'm saying the same thing for all his other ideas. NATO is not playing ball because they can't or won't. They are incapable...these are all soundbites..with no substance.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2008, 03:12:55 PM »
Would you be willing to meet separately, without precondition, during the first year of your administration, with the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba and North Korea?
OBAMA: I would. And the reason is this: the notion that somehow not talking to countries is punishment to them--which has been the guiding diplomatic principle of this administration--is ridiculous. Ronald Reagan constantly spoke to Soviet Union at a time when he called them an evil empire. He understood that we may not trust them and they may pose an extraordinary danger to this country, but we had the obligation to find areas where we can potentially move forward. And I think that it is a disgrace that we have not spoken to them.

CLINTON: I will not promise to meet with the leaders of these countries during my first year. I don't want to be used for propaganda purposes. I don't want to make a situation even worse. But I certainly agree that we need to get back to diplomacy.

Source: 2007 YouTube Democratic Primary debate, Charleston SC Jul 23, 2007

No-fly zone in Darfur; but pay attention more in Africa
Q: Darfur is the second time that our nation has had a chance to do something about genocide in Africa. The first came in Rwanda in 1994, when we did nothing.

OBAMA: The no-fly zone is important. Having the protective force is critical. But we have to look at Africa not just after a crisis happens; what are we doing with respect to trade opportunities with Africa? What are we doing in terms of investment in Africa? What are we doing to pay attention to Africa consistently with respect to our foreign policy? That has been what's missing in the White House. Our long-term security is going to depend on whether we're giving children in Sudan and Zimbabwe and in Kenya the same opportunities so that they have a stake in order as opposed to violence and chaos.

No fly zone..yeah much like Clinton's no fly zone..besides what the hell does that do..more bullshit. No fly zone..sounds good..nice buzzword..he's an diot.

Palestinian people suffer-but from not recognizing Israel
Q: You said recently, "No one is suffering more than the Palestinian people." Do you stand by that remark?
A: Well, keep in mind what the remark actually, if you had the whole thing, said. And what I said is nobody has suffered more than the Palestinian people from the failure of the Palestinian leadership to recognize Israel, to renounce violence, and to get serious about negotiating peace and security for the region. Israel is the linchpin of much of our efforts in the Middle East.

Source: 2007 South Carolina Democratic primary debate, on MSNBC Apr 26, 2007

FactCheck: Palestinian suffering from stalled peace effort
Obama defended his remark that "nobody is suffering more than the Palestinian people," a statement attacked by some pro-Israel activists. His version differed in tone if not in substance from the way it was originally reported, however. Obama claimed in the debate that he meant "the Palestinian people from the failure of the Palestinian leadership to recognize , to renounce violence, and to get serious about negotiating peace and security for the region." That's somewhat different from the way Obama was quoted March 12. As reported, Obama attributed Palestinian suffering to "the stalled peace efforts with Israel" and not so narrowly to failures by Palestinian leadership only...

He has no clue..he's reading from que cards. I have all his positions on everything..this guy is a puppet. If he wasn't black nobody would care. His domestic stuff is inline with nay liberal democrate..for the most part. Some of his stuff is ok..but I really don't worry about the domestic stuff as much.
L