Author Topic: anyone seen biggest loser?  (Read 2268 times)

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
anyone seen biggest loser?
« on: January 03, 2008, 07:22:12 PM »
I know that these are some seriously obese fat fucks, but how does somebody lose 30lbs in one week?  Seriously if I could do that I'd be shredded by next saturday!

tweeter

• Getbig IV
Re: anyone seen biggest loser?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 07:26:34 PM »
He has more mass in the first pic.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 07:27:54 PM »
I know that these are some seriously obese fat fucks, but how does somebody lose 30lbs in one week?  Seriously if I could do that I'd be shredded by next saturday!

You would think so, but they lose those big numbers early in the game and then they slow wayyyy down as they change composition and as the weeks go on. Water loss on someone so obese the first couple of weeks could be huge numbers alone. Remember, these people are medically supervised, have nutrionist put them on plans and of course the trainers kick their asses. They do weights and cardio in the am and then go back on their own for cardio at night. If you were locked in a campus or ranch and trained, eat, rest, repeat, you could lose all the weight as well. But we have to do it around a job and real world.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 07:32:01 PM »
Ive read they do 4-5 hours cardio a day, so at their weight thats some serious calorie burning

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 07:35:05 PM »
I have to imagine that most of the immediate weight loss was water

gotta be happy for his success - awesome work

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 07:39:40 PM »
Ive read they do 4-5 hours cardio a day, so at their weight thats some serious calorie burning

They do.
a

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 07:41:33 PM »
They do.

You think something like that would be good to do if you just did it like 1 or 2 weeks?  I know you'd lose alot of muscle, but damn you would have to lose a lot of fat too.  After that go right back to a regular bodybuilding diet and program

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 07:45:38 PM »
That would impossible to losse 30 pounds in one week.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 08:06:04 AM »
I have to imagine that most of the immediate weight loss was water

gotta be happy for his success - awesome work

The transformations some of the contestants on previous seasons have made have been nothing short  of amazing
Air Falcon

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 08:24:00 AM »
Given the size of these monsters then I'm not surprised that they lose/gain/eat/shit on such a grand scale. Imagine the amount of water, fat and even glycogen in that huge body..certainly can't lose 30lbs of pure fat but no doubt they can drop a mixture of that and fluids..bet the next week he lost quite a bit less though.

I must give him tons of respect for what he achieved but I bet he has a shitload of loose skin under that shirt.
O

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 09:32:42 AM »
18 months..and he's a fat tub of shit again...
footloose and fancy free

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 09:34:03 AM »
18 months..and he's a fat tub of shit again...

NO WAY  :o
O

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 09:34:37 AM »
They do.
Wiiiiishbone! you must inform us... what role did you play in the production of this show?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Re: anyone seen biggest loser bullshit...
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 04:59:00 AM »
The Biggest Loser: Where Are They Now?
by Dr. Carmin Iadonisi
I remember watching the first season of the network show, “The Biggest Loser” and being amazed as participants would weigh-in each week and lose 10-25 pounds a week.

By the end of the show, the winner was crowned and his name was Ryan Benson. In one season, he was able to lose a staggering 122 pounds!

So how is Ryan Benson doing these days?

A recent article in Time magazine checked in with some of the former “Biggest Loser” winners, including Benson who has gained back roughly 90 pounds after the show was over.

He claims that as soon as the show was over, he regained “32 pounds in 5 days simply by drinking water.” This is incredible and points to the fact that when any person loses weight rapidly, (faster than 1-2 pounds a week) normally the weight loss is mostly due to water loss.

The participants of the show are exercising with a trainer between 4-5 hours a day, thus creating a dramatic loss of water. This is combined with 24 hour television coverage of each of the participants, which discourages any “cheating” on the ultra strict diets.

Would you cheat on your diet, knowing that millions of people would witness it?

The article went on to say that last season’s runner-up winner, Kai Hibbard, consumed only sugar-free Jello and asparagus for several days along with jumping in and out of a sauna for six hours prior to the final weigh-in.

The show supposedly tries to discourage such behavior by threatening penalties for being to dehydrated, but has not issued any violations yet. (I guess living on sugar-free Jello and asparagus for a few days is considered safe by the television networks.)

As the article points out, Benson is actually considered a success for still keeping 30 pounds off for over a year. According to the National Weight Control Registry, “only a fifth of dieters with a history of obesity sustain a loss of 10% of their body weight for a year or more.”

Where is Kelly Minner Now?

One former participant who is still losing weight after losing the show is Kelly Minner. The first-season runner-up went from “242 lbs. to 163 lbs. by the finale and now weighs 140 lbs.”

How does she maintain her weight loss?

She exercise 6 days a week for 1 to 4 hours a day. I agree that exercise is definitely paramount to maintaining weight loss, but for the average person, exercising for 4 hours a day is just unrealistic.

With this kind of high exercise volume, I would also worry about the high risk for injuries that could end up stopping exercise altogether.

As mentioned in a prior post, Shaquille O'Neal’s new show is focused on helping obese kids to lose weight. For the benefit of the children, I hope Shaq learns from the Biggest Loser and teaches kids how to lose weight safely.

footloose and fancy free

Moosejay

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 07:28:27 AM »
Some are full of it, some really work hard....some ar persecuted by all around them and their life is Hell.

Its an awful way to live.

I applaud them if their intentions are true.

Mike

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 08:06:38 AM »
please explain the concept of this television program you speak of...

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 08:08:00 AM »
please explain the concept of this television program you speak of...

Massivley Obese people trying to lose weight as fast as possible to win things.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 08:08:50 AM »
Massivley Obese people trying to lose weight as fast as possible to win things.

interesting...very interesting indeed

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 08:30:00 AM »
Yes I've seen the biggest loser...He goes on Ed's show just about every week, drives a hummer with a wagon attached to it...And is probably about 35% bodyfat...And lets not forget he has a stupid accent that some say is just the fact that he calls in when he has a pair of nutz in his mouth...

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 08:43:15 AM »
Yes I've seen the biggest loser...He goes on Ed's show just about every week, drives a hummer with a wagon attached to it...And is probably about 35% bodyfat...And lets not forget he has a stupid accent that some say is just the fact that he calls in when he has a pair of nutz in his mouth...

baaaaa zing!